Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What foods do you miss?

What foods do you miss?

Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:43 pm
Made in the UK

poolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud of
Default What foods do you miss?

Okay this for all you guys and gals that have left the UK and moved to Canada, what food do you miss from the UK?

Feel free to tell me to mind my own business.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:44 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What foods do you miss?

Originally Posted by poolking
Okay this for all you guys and gals that have left the UK and moved to Canada, what food do you miss from the UK?

Steak Puds,
Black Pudding
Mushy Peas
REAL Chips

ask me again tomorrow.............
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Steak Puds,
Black Pudding
Mushy Peas
REAL Chips

ask me again tomorrow.............

black puddiing - ihavent had it for yearsa sa i haveto havegluten free food- but lastweekend iwas in eth hsippy and realised i might not get that meal ever again- so i had black pudding in batter with chips with a side order of imodium....

butch you can make real mushy pea very easily
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:06 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray

butch you can make real mushy pea very easily
you need decent peas first.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

That's just so easy for me......Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi (with lots of sliced green chillies), Pilau Rice and peshwari naan from The Ganjees in Gee Cross.....sorry,I'm advertising there but it is/was heavenly Would be the only reason I'd be desperate to jump on the next Thomas Cook back to M'cr
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

you need decent peas first.
dried peas- you must be able to get dried green peas???
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:18 pm
Banned

dried peas- you must be able to get dried green peas???
Yeah BUT not the quality they are in the UK.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah BUT not the quality they are in the UK.
shocking news- i'll make it a priority once i get to ON to find that pea and mush it for you
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:25 pm
Banned

shocking news- i'll make it a priority once i get to ON to find that pea and mush it for you
LOL
It'll have redried by the time it gets here.
But thanks anyway
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:42 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL
It'll have redried by the time it gets here.
But thanks anyway
Hey Butch,

Seems to me I've seen Mushy Peas in the British Shop in Market Mall.

By the way did you ever get a chance to try Mudders Fish 'n Chips over by the airport?

so i had black pudding in batter with chips with a side order of imodium....
I read the above and the last two of my bypass grafts closed off 50% :scared::scared:

Cheers
Steve
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Hangman
Hey Butch,

Seems to me I've seen Mushy Peas in the British Shop in Market Mall.
The price :scared:

By the way did you ever get a chance to try Mudders Fish 'n Chips over by the airport?
Not yet.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:50 pm

The price :scared:
I thought all you lot were coming over here wiv scads o' money. Innit brits that are sorta drivin' the 'ouse prices up, 'ere in Clagary?

A few lousy bucks for some mushy peas would be chump change to a Brit wud'n it?

Steve ducks and runs for cover.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:52 pm
Banned

I thought all you lot were coming over here wiv scads o' money. Innit brits that are sorta drivin' the 'ouse prices up, 'ere in Clagary?

A few lousy bucks for some mushy peas would be chump change to a Brit wud'n it?

Steve ducks and runs for cover.
I'm too busy paying thru the nose for alcohol!!! Whats with the price of beer and wine?????
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 10:02 pm

I'm too busy paying thru the nose for alcohol!!! Whats with the price of beer and wine?????
Don't really know. I only know it's expensive because you lot keep complaining about the price. If that's all you've known then it doesn't appear too high priced.

I never developed a taste for beer. I left Liverpool at 16, to young to drink decent beer and the legal drinking age here in Alberta in 1963 was 21. So I developed a taste for something much worse Coca Cola, preferably with lime juice in it.

I only drink red wine now because they tell me its good for my heart.

We have a friend who is more than happy to make a batch up for us when we ask, all we have to do is provide the bottles, the money for the kit and pick it up when its ready.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 10:38 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the last year I have developed an oatcake addiction. So it would be oatcakes.

OK, confession! I actually bought some from the 'Taste of Britain' shop in Eau Claire market the other day! For 6 bucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.