USA refugees Huh?

Old Sep 1st 2017, 8:13 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA refugees Huh?

Originally Posted by dbd33
No one has done that. This is deflection or whataboutism. Some posters, too many to list, say the neo-Nazis are bad, marching in the streets shouting racist slogans isn't something of which they approve. Other posters, carcajou, paw339, morpeth, like Trump, don't explicitly align themselves with the neo-Nazis but, instead, say the neo-Nazis are equivalent to people who don't like them or that they're just boys being boys and they have no power beyond terrorizing a few bystanders so they don't matter. When that looks a bit lame they seek to align those who disapprove of neo-Nazis with violent extremists who also disapprove of the neo-Nazis; it's easy to find some as almost everyone disapproves of the neo-Nazis.

Two things puzzle me a bit here. iirc, morpeth has previously posted that he or she belongs to a religious cult (which one escapes me now). Does morpeth not realize that when the Trumpists have done with the Jews and the Catholics they'll need another scapegoat; it's not safe to condone them? The other is why the Trumpists think the Jews would want to replace them in the first place; you don't see a lot of jacked up trucks and prison tats at White Hart Lane.

On the topic of white supremacists, I found this piece and accompanying video very good:

https://www.gq.com/story/charlottesv...ape-protestors
Old Sep 1st 2017, 8:18 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paw339
I would disagree as they are not fleeing persecution in the US they are under threat that their visas may run out.

Turns out President Trump is under time pressure on the "dreamers act" (DACA) because of an upcoming court case that is likely to rule that the dreamers act is illegal because president Obama didn't have the authority to sign the act congress needed to. The court case is in the beginning of September. President Trump has to decide to decide whether or not to defend it.

Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA) was halted by the courts for the same reasons that the DACA is being challenged.
If the US effectively opts out of providing sanctuary, then Canada would be first port of call for Haitians at least?

I don't know the detail on DACA, I just think it's a sorry state affairs for many ostensibly American kids.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 8:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

You can't equate Antifa with their masks, smuggled projectiles and water pistols full of tabasco sauce with ordinary anti-racism activists any more than you can equate the Klan or Aryan Brotherhood with LBJ's silent majority. Commiting a crime while wearing a disguise is an extra charge in bank robber world worth extra time and we've all seen what Antifa does. If there's a potentially dangerous gathering sanctioned they need a security cordon that fleeces everyone coming of their masks and weapons. They are an embarrassment to legitimate protest.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

A huge thank you to all who have contributed to this thread. I now fully understand the term "giving up the will to live". 😎
I still think the thread title should be changed to "The random thread of bollocks"
Old Sep 1st 2017, 10:51 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
A huge thank you to all who have contributed to this thread. I now fully understand the term "giving up the will to live". 😎
I still think the thread title should be changed to "The random thread of bollocks"
You just can't help yourself tho can you, you just have to look n see what's been sed. !!
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
No one has done that. This is deflection or whataboutism. Some posters, too many to list, say the neo-Nazis are bad, marching in the streets shouting racist slogans isn't something of which they approve. Other posters, carcajou, paw339, morpeth, like Trump, don't explicitly align themselves with the neo-Nazis but, instead, say the neo-Nazis are equivalent to people who don't like them or that they're just boys being boys and they have no power beyond terrorizing a few bystanders so they don't matter. When that looks a bit lame they seek to align those who disapprove of neo-Nazis with violent extremists who also disapprove of the neo-Nazis; it's easy to find some as almost everyone disapproves of the neo-Nazis.

Two things puzzle me a bit here. iirc, morpeth has previously posted that he or she belongs to a religious cult (which one escapes me now). Does morpeth not realize that when the Trumpists have done with the Jews and the Catholics they'll need another scapegoat; it's not safe to condone them? The other is why the Trumpists think the Jews would want to replace them in the first place; you don't see a lot of jacked up trucks and prison tats at White Hart Lane.

This sounds unhinged.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
I will definitely double- and triple-think before diving into one of these again.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 11:47 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
This sounds unhinged.
Err no, it's just history...
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 12:08 pm
me/moi

I will definitely double- and triple-think before diving into one of these again.
It is safer to stay inside the echo-chamber if that's your bent.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shard
It is safer to stay inside the echo-chamber if that's your bent.
I don't live in an echo chamber. This thread, however, is a lunatic asylum.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 12:25 pm
me/moi

I don't live in an echo chamber. This thread, however, is a lunatic asylum.
We do try.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well played.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 12:32 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't ment to be like this, can't we all just be friends
Attached Thumbnails USA refugees Huh?-img_1082.png  
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 8:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

This thread, however, is a lunatic asylum.
Take a look at posts 31 and 32 in this thread if you want lunacy.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Take a look at posts 31 and 32 in this thread if you want lunacy.
Wow. I agree with you about that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.