Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Unspeakable things....

Unspeakable things....

Old May 19th 2017, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unspeakable things....

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yup!!
Old May 22nd 2017, 1:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If you wonder where the pusscat posts went , you will find them all in this thread of their own. as was suggested by MrP himself.
Old May 22nd 2017, 3:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
If you wonder where the pusscat posts went , you will find them all in this thread of their own. as was suggested by MrP himself.
Thank you BEVS.
Old May 22nd 2017, 7:51 pm
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

So to go back to the original story, a friend of mine back in UK bred Bernese Mountain Dogs, so big hairy dogs. One day she went out for a few hours and came back to find that one of the dogs had had a bout of diarrhea and vomiting. That would have been bad enough, but somehow some of this disgusting mix had got on a couple of the other dogs and they had shook themselves.

So the mix of diarrhea and vomit was on the ceiling, over all the kitchen cupboards, the floor, the table - everywhere, including over all 3 dogs. It took her hours to clean up the mess and I was just glad that I hadn't visited her that day and I only heard the story, not had to witness the mess and the smell!!
Old May 22nd 2017, 9:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by becks_r
So to go back to the original story, a friend of mine back in UK bred Bernese Mountain Dogs, so big hairy dogs. One day she went out for a few hours and came back to find that one of the dogs had had a bout of diarrhea and vomiting. That would have been bad enough, but somehow some of this disgusting mix had got on a couple of the other dogs and they had shook themselves.

So the mix of diarrhea and vomit was on the ceiling, over all the kitchen cupboards, the floor, the table - everywhere, including over all 3 dogs. It took her hours to clean up the mess and I was just glad that I hadn't visited her that day and I only heard the story, not had to witness the mess and the smell!!
We have a winner, the thread can be closed!
Old May 22nd 2017, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by becks_r

Originally Posted by Pulaski
We have a winner, the thread can be closed!
OMG That i so horrible. Just the thought if it!!!

I had a dog a few years back that had diarrhea. We had this amazing, expensive rug made of lots of tufts of leather. It was gorgeous and really complimented the living room...Until this happened... the only option we had was to throw the rug out.. Still sad after all those years...
Old May 23rd 2017, 12:44 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Stinky lived up to his name on here a few months ago- I cannot remember what he had eaten but basically it was poomageddon - virtually the whole of the downstairs carpet was covered with a few gaps, all the way down a forty foot corridor - carpet, baseboards and walls were sprayed with diarrhoea- it took us both a long time to do our best to clean it. Needless to say now he is no longer with us, we will be needing to replace the whole of the carpet.

A weird thing that he used to do was occasionally poo or vomit indoors and then cover it up with a dog towel form nearby...presumably to cover up his indiscretions- Too right he should have been embarrassed
Old May 24th 2017, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone please help with my rescue cat? We got her a few months ago. She has some strange behaviour. She hisses a lot when she feels threatened and does this strange thing sometimes of chasing us upstairs sometimes nipping and scratching at our feet. I looked this up online and apparently it's a game to cats rather than aggression (she is quite playful with toys). But I am wondering what others think.

It's unnerving though. I read you can do things like get a water bottle and squirt them or a blower to below a bit of air at them and this should deter that sort of behaviour.

She's not the cuddly type and the rescue centre had difficulties rehoming her. I can see why but we've come to love her in a strange way.
Old May 25th 2017, 9:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560

It's unnerving though. I read you can do things like get a water bottle and squirt them or a blower to below a bit of air at them and this should deter that sort of behaviour.
That works. Also treats when she allows stroking/scratching/cuddling. You do have to do the water/air thing all the time though. You can't just do it when you remember otherwise she would get very confused as to why she's allowed to do it one day but then given grief the next. If you haven't already, check out Jackson Galaxy. He knows his stuff.

Last edited by moneypenny20; May 25th 2017 at 1:52 pm.
Old May 25th 2017, 1:15 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

So Frank ate the foot of an American Doll this morning. I fear there will be tears when eldest daughter comes home from school and finds out. Bloody dog.
Old May 25th 2017, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Moneypenny ☺
Old May 25th 2017, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Can anyone please help with my rescue cat? We got her a few months ago. She has some strange behaviour. She hisses a lot when she feels threatened and does this strange thing sometimes of chasing us upstairs sometimes nipping and scratching at our feet. I looked this up online and apparently it's a game to cats rather than aggression (she is quite playful with toys). But I am wondering what others think.

She's not the cuddly type and the rescue centre had difficulties rehoming her. I can see why but we've come to love her in a strange way.
Our 3 cats are allowed in the house most of the time but sleep in the cantina downstairs. At our bedtime the 2 girls know to go out of their own accord when we start turning off the lights. The "boy" however turns into a snarling, threatening, hissing tornado. I have an almost 100% successful solution which is an empty deoderant aerosol can that just hisses out some air. We're now getting to the point where I only have to show him the aerosol & he legs it to the door. Good luck.