Trumps First week

Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trumps First week

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
...the mindset of his supporters seems to make acceptance of this outcome unlikely...
Maybe they'll change. I assume there must be some sports fans supportive

USMNT captain Bradley attacks Trump as sports world rounds on travel ban
When Trump was elected, I only hoped that ... President Trump would be different than the campaigner Trump. That the xenophobic, misogynistic and narcissistic rhetoric would be replaced with a more humble and measured approach to leading our country. I was wrong. And the Muslim ban is just the latest example of someone who couldn’t be more out of touch with our country and the right way to move forward.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
There's also the lame duck possibility. Leftists such as Dick Cheney and John McCain (and yes, I know they weren't "leftists" last week) mobilise effective opposition so that for the last three years and six months of his Presidency Trump can't get bills passed. His ego doesn't allow resignation so he plays a lot of golf.
A highly unlikely scenario, surely. A Republican civil war would doom the party pretty much forever. This is a war, between the entrenched establishment and the people who despise it. Wars aren't won in a week, or lost. Let the man alone for a while and give him a chance to preside over his country's affairs, as he was elected to do. He's got four whole years to do his business, and he's far too smart a man to lose every single battle during that time. Leave the tears to the snowflakes.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Leave the tears to the snowflakes.
In English, please.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

In English, please.
In translation, if you don't share the me me ME attitude of the Trump supporters/Brexiteers you are a special, sensitive 'snowflake' incapable of lasting in the 'real' world of intolerance and hate.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

In English, please.
Google offered me 222,000,OOO entries in .89 of a second. Of course i didn't check to see if they were all in English...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake "Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a term used to characterise young adults of the 2010s as being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own." So called because they melt easily.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a huge number, but a few republicans have not been too keen on the immigration order.

Donald Trump's Immigration Ban: Here Are the Republicans Against It | Fortune.com
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Google offered me 222,000,OOO entries in .89 of a second. Of course i didn't check to see if they were all in English...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake "Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a term used to characterise young adults of the 2010s as being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own." So called because they melt easily.
You think only young people should be concerned about Trump's policies? Do you think he only harms the young or that inter-generational concern is inappropriate?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:00 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

You think only young people should be concerned about Trump's policies? Do you think he only harms the young or that inter-generational concern is inappropriate?
I think you are mixing me up with the man who wrote the Wikipedia article I quoted... Here it is again, for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:28 am
Assimilated Pauper

I think you are mixing me up with the man who wrote the Wikipedia article I quoted... Here it is again, for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake
I may be confused but I was originally asking what "Leave the tears to the snowflakes" meant in common English. It's no clearer to me now what you meant. All credit for the overtly racist post that got deleted though; that one was clear enough.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:58 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

In English, please.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 2:02 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the perpetrators of this heinous crime were not Syrian refugees. More fuel for Trump's fire...

Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque, police say - Montreal - CBC News
Old Jan 30th 2017, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Hopefully the perpetrators of this heinous crime were not Syrian refugees. More fuel for Trump's fire...

Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque, police say - Montreal - CBC News
This is the most confusing thing I have ever read on here.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 2:31 am
Tea Drinker

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
This is the most confusing thing I have ever read on here.
I meant, I can just imagine waking up to a Donald Trump tweet in the morning tweeting "I told you so" to the Canadian PM if the shooters turn out to be illegals or refugees.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 7:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

He certainly likes to lash out at anyone who disagrees with him, including senators of his own party.

"The joint statement of former presidential candidates John McCain & Lindsey Graham is wrong - they are sadly weak on immigration. " Trump on twitter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.