thoughts on the £

Old Dec 22nd 2014, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of
Default Re: thoughts on the £

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
No, Canada doesn't export much apart from crude oil, liquified natural gas, gold, lumber, cars, aerospace products, fertilizer and other products. It only added up to some $532+ billion in 2011 !
Canada exports Liquified Natural Gas? Are you sure?
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 5:37 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
Ooops. Apologies. I meant LPG (liquified petroleum gas) or propane. $16.7 billion worth according to a Google search.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Once all the PPI money has been spent, what is going to fuel the UK economy then?
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 8:40 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
Once all the PPI money has been spent, what is going to fuel the UK economy then?
yes... I'm sure this will be a major concern for Mark Carney

I will pass on you're deep insight
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

As of 2012, over £5Bn had been put aside, I understand that this is now over £10bn, all tax free, most being squandered on retail goods. This has fuelled the UK economy. This is the difference between UK and the rest of Europe. I could assume you have no idea that it was so large, but I shall guess that you have no idea?
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
What point are you exactly trying to make with this post? The UK government has run a fluctuating debt throughout history.
I am saying that with limited resources,a shortage of food harvesting land,and an ever increasing population I am glad to no longer be in the UK,not forgetting the tax,tax,and more tax mentality of the UK government.
Also the UK debt has NEVER been as high as it now is,don't forget that there are more countries lined up to join the EU,like Turkey(have fun with that)

Yes Canada's income will drop with the price of oil,but it will also climb again with demand,OPEC countries won't keep churning out oil at under profit costs for too long.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 2:38 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scootb
I am saying that with limited resources,a shortage of food harvesting land,and an ever increasing population I am glad to no longer be in the UK,not forgetting the tax,tax,and more tax mentality of the UK government.
Can you think of a country that has unlimited resources, no shortage of "food harvesting land" and no increasing population?

Also the UK debt has NEVER been as high as it now is,don't forget that there are more countries lined up to join the EU,like Turkey(have fun with that)
Again, please tell of a country which hasn't a higher national debt than ever before? There are probably some, but would you like to live there?

Yes Canada's income will drop with the price of oil,but it will also climb again with demand,OPEC countries won't keep churning out oil at under profit costs for too long.
Hmmm. But what if oil becomes irrelevant, as it will?
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 3:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
If BC has it their way, Canada will be exporting LNG at some point. They are trying to build a plant not far from where I live.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:01 am
Just Joined

cormacsfl is an unknown quantity at this point

So what you are really saying above is.... as I get paid in Dollars I will have less buying power when I return to UK next year?? yes?? that is not good news!!!!
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Can you think of a country that has unlimited resources, no shortage of "food harvesting land" and no increasing population?

Again, please tell of a country which hasn't a higher national debt than ever before? There are probably some, but would you like to live there?

Hmmm. But what if oil becomes irrelevant, as it will?
If you could work the Internet I'm sure you would realise that oil is used for far more than making petrol lol.
Canada has a huge amount of land which can be used for agricultural use,whereas the UK is a rock with its southern most part slowly being claimed by the sea.
I can hardly see oil loosing it's demand over the next few generations can you?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 23rd 2014 at 8:05 am. Reason: Personal insults not acceptable, put your point across without resorting to name calling pls.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:13 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to do with UKIP,its simple facts,the UK government along with the other EU governments never properly thought through the entire fiasco.
People leave Europe for Canada to get away from the hopelessness of the place amongst other reasons.
Canada is NOTHING like the EU so attempting to compare the 2 is pretty futile wouldn't you say Mike,after all everything is so much cheaper in the UK is it not Mike?
Absolute nonsense. Why is it that the wealthy Russians, Chinese, and Arabs are buying up London property in droves? Half a million migrants a year come and settle in Britain. Much of the country is thriving and full of hope. Students from all over the globe come to study at UK universities and schools. We have an incredibly rich cultural and architectural history, wonderful national parks and coastline, great museums and art galleries, all tremendously inspiring and full of hope.

Most people who leave Britain or Europe for Canada or elsewhere are leaving for adventure or work, not because the old country is hopeless. Try to appreciate the new without denigrating the old, because the generalisations you are making apply to very few people.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Novo has pretty much summed it up well.

I think the concern about debt is when it becomes larger than GDP where currently it sits at 90% (Canada is at 85% from a quick google search) there are times in the past where it's been as high as 200% The UK will adapt as it has throughout history.

If you believe what the Daily Fail says, sure the EU is a big bad evil thing (though please remember EU migrants are currently providing a net benefit). Sure, there are areas for improvement. The discussion around this is growing, if in the future it begins to have a detrimental effect on quality of life, I don't expect the general population to just bend over and take it.
Whilst I don't particularly enjoy living in the UK, I don't think it's future is as bad as you seem to think
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shard
Absolute nonsense. Why is it that the wealthy Russians, Chinese, and Arabs are buying up London property in droves? Half a million migrants a year come and settle in Britain. Much of the country is thriving and full of hope. Students from all over the globe come to study at UK universities and schools. We have an incredibly rich cultural and architectural history, wonderful national parks and coastline, great museums and art galleries, all tremendously inspiring and full of hope.

Most people who leave Britain or Europe for Canada or elsewhere are leaving for adventure or work, not because the old country is hopeless. Try to appreciate the new without denigrating the old, because the generalisations you are making apply to very few people.
Absolute nonsense!
The wealthy foreigners are buying up the properties in London as its the capital of the UK and they know they will only profit from buying up those properties,even you know that!!
Half a million migrants come settle in the UK every year+ the population growth on a small land mass when it is already running out of enough farming land to sustain the population,not to mention the limited employment that there is,especially north of the midlands.
The oil industry has started laying off workers,the top wave generator research company in Scotland just laid off their remaining staff due to lack of funding,it is the most violent country in Europe,what else does it have to offer?
The generalisations that I am making apply to lots of people,there is more to the UK than London,maybe look at a map of the UK rather than London at some point!
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

it is the most violent country in Europe,what else does it have to offer?
Less murders per capita than Canada though, which you seem to have conveniently forgotten in your anti-UK rant. And if you really think that the UK has nothing to offer, then there's something very wrong with your view and I dread to think how awful your life was there.

The generalisations that I am making apply to lots of people,there is more to the UK than London,maybe look at a map of the UK rather than London at some point!
Shard never said he was talking about London for most of his post - I've lived in several places in the UK and don't recognise the UK you're talking about.

I can't remember where you're from, but your comments seem to echo those made by people that generally only live in certain areas. (Glasgow is the main one that springs to mind - why is it such a high percentage of forum members that are moving, or have moved to, Canada, are from the Glasgow area?! One day I must start a thread as it does intrigue me.)

But anyway, wherever you're from, your comments about the UK don't ring true for most people. And wherever it was, it must have been bad if you think Edmonton is so much better.

Lastly, please do remember that name calling isn't tolerated on the forum, so put your point across, but do it without resorting to personal insults, thx.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Less murders per capita than Canada though, which you seem to have conveniently forgotten in your anti-UK rant. And if you really think that the UK has nothing to offer, then there's something very wrong with your view and I dread to think how awful your life was there.

Shard never said he was talking about London for most of his post - I've lived in several places in the UK and don't recognise the UK you're talking about.

I can't remember where you're from, but your comments seem to echo those made by people that generally only live in certain areas. (Glasgow is the main one that springs to mind - why is it such a high percentage of forum members that are moving, or have moved to, Canada, are from the Glasgow area?! One day I must start a thread as it does intrigue me.)

But anyway, wherever you're from, your comments about the UK don't ring true for most people. And wherever it was, it must have been bad if you think Edmonton is so much better.

Lastly, please do remember that name calling isn't tolerated on the forum, so put your point across, but do it without resorting to personal insults, thx.
Not an anti-UK rant at all,just facts from someone that hasn't lead a sheltered life.
Less murders maybe,more violent crime positively!
I never said the UK has nothing to offer,it does however have nothing to offer me,hence why I done something and left.

I have lived in Glasgow(suburbs),I have also lived in several areas of Scotland,as well as living in a very nice place called Reading for a while.
I do agree that not all the UK is bad,but for the most part the cities are bad,Bournemouth,Lincolnshire,and Buckinghamshire were nice, Manchester, Reading,London,Glasgow,Paisley not so nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.