Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Things that make you feel old

Things that make you feel old

Old Mar 30th 2018, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that make you feel old

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
Well we saw my cardiologist yesterday.

Good news it is NOT heart failure.
Bad news is he is not sure what the issue is, and he’s running out of things it could be.

As a result I’ll be going back to see the pulmonologist to have my lungs checked out again. I’ll also be having another echocardiogram (last one was about two years ago). Thirdly, he wants to do a right-side catheterization. They put a catheter into the right side of the heart and check pressures. He also mentioned it would be a fluid challenged one. For that they pump saline solution into the right chamber and measure the pressures on both side of the heart. He is also a little concerned about the possibility of pericarditis or stiffening of the sac around the heart. If it is Pericarditis it's a problem because the surgeons would be extremely reluctant to try to remove the Pericardial sac because of all the scarring from the two previous bypass surgeries.
hope they sort it out Steve x
Old May 3rd 2018, 6:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

This week a colleague failed to get to work. He had a flat tyre and had to wait a long time for a tow truck. I wondered why he didn't just change the tyre and he had no idea that one could do that. It turns out that the car, a Tesla Model S, doesn't even have a spare tyre (in a pinch you can steal a wheel off a nearby BMW and that will fit).

I take the ability to change a tyre for granted but it now seems to be a skill akin to using a starting handle.
Old May 3rd 2018, 6:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
This week a colleague failed to get to work. He had a flat tyre and had to wait a long time for a tow truck. I wondered why he didn't just change the tyre and he had no idea that one could do that. ...
I take the ability to change a tyre for granted but it now seems to be a skill akin to using a starting handle.

I'm useless with my hands (if it's to do with work that is ) but I remember watching my dad change one once. I must have been in my teens as he died when I was 20 and I thought "I could do that" but I never had the chance to actually do it.

It seemed less complicated that doing the same with a bicycle.
Old May 3rd 2018, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I feel old complaining that the new BE app has made everything look weird and not user friendly! Can we make it look like it used to?
Old May 3rd 2018, 7:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I feel old complaining that the new BE app has made everything look weird and not user friendly! Can we make it look like it used to?
Everything is skewiff - I don't like it at all.

and where's the report button gone?
Old May 3rd 2018, 7:59 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

The report button is there in mine - a red warning triangle thing pretty much where it always was.

I've reported two annoyances on the thread in Site Feedback: the "who quoted me" bit has disappeared from the user profile (again...), and there are adverts between posts, every third or fourth post, which is a real bugbear in other forums and extremely annoying.

There's a way to turn off the "infinite scrolling" thing which I also was about to complain about, but IBJoel had got there first with instructions to disable it.
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

And the links to the parts of the forum that used to be at the bottom of the page. Not there now so you have to scroll back to the top. Improvements, eh?
Old May 3rd 2018, 10:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Every change takes some getting used to. When crank-starting a car keep your thumb over the top of the handle in case it kicks back. My first car (47 Chev) had a start button on the dash and the dimmer switch was on the floor (same place as old start pedals).
Old May 3rd 2018, 11:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

All the background stuff; the emoticons, the formatting bar, the header, are now so big it's hard to find the posts. It's certainly less usable.
Old May 4th 2018, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

All the background stuff; the emoticons, the formatting bar, the header, are now so big it's hard to find the posts. It's certainly less usable.
The font is way too small. Think I might need to get the magnifying glass out. Prefgictbe doednt work either. 🤣
Old May 4th 2018, 1:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Here is the thread to report about the glitches, annoyances and things that no longer work properly.

Your input could make a difference.
Old May 4th 2018, 1:18 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

I'm useless with my hands (if it's to do with work that is ) but I remember watching my dad change one once. I must have been in my teens as he died when I was 20 and I thought "I could do that" but I never had the chance to actually do it.

It seemed less complicated that doing the same with a bicycle.
i changed a tyre once. Since we've been talking about Switzerland I'll add that it was in Geneva. Turns out I put the tyre on back to front.
Old May 4th 2018, 1:25 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by bats
I put the tyre on back to front.
On a car or bike?
Old May 4th 2018, 2:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by bats

i changed a tyre once. Since we've been talking about Switzerland I'll add that it was in Geneva. Turns out I put the tyre on back to front.
That's an achievement without taking two wheels off the car.
Old May 4th 2018, 2:50 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

That's an achievement without taking two wheels off the car.
or was it inside out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.