Some updates.

Old Apr 20th 2018, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some updates.

Just frustrstes me.

Paying obscene rent frustrates me to no end.

At the end pay 20k in rent a year with nothing to show at the end of it all and constant stress about having to move again at some point with not a ton of notice.

Stupid thing is if there were access to the appropriate treatment, I would stand a pretty good chance at a better life and feeling better.

Maybe one day.

I am also in a rut with work. I have gone as far as I can with this job.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 20th 2018 at 9:24 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 9:54 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Just frustrstes me.

Paying obscene rent frustrates me to no end.

At the end pay 20k in rent a year with nothing to show at the end of it all and constant stress about having to move again at some point with not a ton of notice.

Stupid thing is if there were access to the appropriate treatment, I would stand a pretty good chance at a better life and feeling better.

Maybe one day.

You are missing the point. You have a job it doesn't matter whether or not you are in a rut. In spite of all the rhetoric people speak about roles and careers most people work to pay the bills. Enjoying your work is a bonus given to few. My husband works from September to March then he's laid off for the spring and which is probably a good thing as he's wrecked by the new year with long hours and hard physical work. When he is tired his PTSD Is worse. I'm retired because it became too hard work physically and mentally with few rewards and a load of shitty shifts.

There's an exercise that I've suggested before. Look for the positive each day and write it down. Make a list. Today for me it the lovely blue sky and that I could play outside with my dog. Recognise the good stuff and quit swelling on the negative.

Last edited by bats; Apr 20th 2018 at 10:16 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 10:03 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Just frustrstes me.

Again, defeatist. Please expand on your apparent belief that you can't go any further.... why? Is it your ability or experience? Is it lack of turnover into the next level at work? Please don't say it's a lack of experience or self-belief. You should be pushing for team leader positions.

Do you think that you actively learn anything from every working day, or do you just treat each day as something to be endured? I hope its the former - each and every interaction is a learning opportunity, it's like free University if you choose to look at it positively.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a lead which is as far as I can go really other jobs are management or head office.

I have no bussiness skills or experience.

No admin experience.

No experience creating budgets.

No idea how to create contract proposals.

I am not remotely qualified for a management job and a degree is always listed as a requirement.

We have corporate jobs open from time to time however a degree is always listed as a requirement and my job is not related to the jobs at head office in any way and I lack a degree and a bachelors degree is always listed as a requirement on head office jobs.

Only so far one can go in low skilled jobs.

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Again, defeatist. Please expand on your apparent belief that you can't go any further.... why? Is it your ability or experience? Is it lack of turnover into the next level at work? Please don't say it's a lack of experience or self-belief. You should be pushing for team leader positions.

Do you think that you actively learn anything from every working day, or do you just treat each day as something to be endured? I hope its the former - each and every interaction is a learning opportunity, it's like free University if you choose to look at it positively.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 20th 2018 at 10:58 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I would apply even if I didn’t have a degree. It shows initiative and belief in yourself. Tell them that you’ve been to the university of life and you have a lot of knowledge that somebody with a degree wouldn’t necessarily have. Sell yourself. Tell them that you’re the best. Make them want to talk with you regardless of their requirements. I know several people without degrees who have been offered “those” jobs.
Go for it! Don’t look for reasons why not to apply. Look for reasons why you should!

I am a lead which is as far as I can go really.

We have corporate jobs open from time to time however a degree is always listed as a requirement and my job is not related to the jobs at head office in any way and I lack a degree and a bachelors degree is always listed as a requirement on head office jobs.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 11:08 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

If I were like you, a lead at a safety-critical position, I would apply for every supervisory position I saw.

Have you ever sent your CV to recruitment consultants?
Old Apr 20th 2018, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

I also lack the knowledge and skills required for those jobs.

Its not just a lack of degree alone its a lack of skills/knowledge as well for those jobs.

The degree is just one part of the puzzle. If I had the necessary skills and experience, could probably get around the lack of degree.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

I have sent resumes to recruiting companies/temp agencies before.

Have never gotten a job through one. Have had general interviews and testing at a couple but never a job offer.

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
If I were like you, a lead at a safety-critical position, I would apply for every supervisory position I saw.

Have you ever sent your CV to recruitment consultants?
Old Apr 20th 2018, 11:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I am a lead which is as far as I can go really other jobs are management or head office.
Well I think that in itself is brilliant even if you don't feel that way at the mo.
Not so long ago you were looking for work & then you got this job and despite young'uns being a bit of a pain you are now a lead. You stuck your heels in and worked for this. Good on you.

I have no business skills or experience.
No admin experience.
No experience creating budgets.
No idea how to create contract proposals.
I am not remotely qualified for a management job and a degree is always listed as a requirement.
MrBEVs is just like this. He's also not cut out for the above .
He calls himself a pit pony but he is glad he has work and an income. It gives a degree of bringing home the crust to the table. and so his self-esteem is fine with that.

You are doing good J. Honestly you are.
It's fine to put up your head and see what else is out there but always from a position of employment as that is the safe guard .

I spent decades working at something I disliked . For reasons I shall not expand on,life just left it too hard for me to be brave enough to alter that. Still, I kept at it as to not work would have given me acres of stress.

You'll work it through and sort it out J.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 12:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Well I think that in itself is brilliant even if you don't feel that way at the mo.
Not so long ago you were looking for work & then you got this job and despite young'uns being a bit of a pain you are now a lead. You stuck your heels in and worked for this. Good on you.

He calls himself a pit pony but he is glad he has work and an income. It gives a degree of bringing home the crust to the table. and so his self-esteem is fine with that.

It's fine to put up your head and see what else is out there but always from a position of employment as that is the safe guard .

I spent decades working at something I disliked . For reasons I shall not expand on,life just left it too hard for me to be brave enough to alter that. Still, I kept at it as to not work would have given me acres of stress.

I have another example, much the same as you BEVS.

M always thought that general labouring was a far as he would go. He had plenty of self taught skills but lacked confidence as he felt he wasn't book smart. When he took a job for a local city parks department it was badly paid but had good benefits but it also meant no moving up or earning more but he was content. He then got the chance to move to the Public Works department working on the Public Water Systems. He now is Chief Water Plant Operator, has more licenses than any other employee. As he worked his way up he gained more confidence and he will tell anyone that he never thought he would do more than labouring in his work life.

Sometimes it is worth looking outside the box.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

In the past when I have worked for larger companies, I did apply for a variety of jobs that paid more.

I was never successful.

Companies have given me different reasons and sometimes no reason.

I have been told I am needed more in my current role at the time.

I have been told a college degree would be helpful if I wanted to go anywhere.

Been told while they felt I would be good for the role they felt outside hiring would be more beneficial.

And then sometimes no reason at all.

Its certainly not from a lack of effort.

I have nevet in 20 years gotten a bad review or been written up for anything in any job.

I have found as I get older its more difficult to even get interviews.

I also try for local government jobs and sometimes provincial.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

Its really the rent that is the issue more then the job. If rent matched income things would be better.

If I could find a job I can manage at the same pay but lower rent, it would not be so bad.

I cant just take any job, if a job triggers me or is high stress it can lead to a meltdown which is what happens when I work in customer service jobs which I am just not suitable for personality wise.

I think one reason I do well behind the scenes at airport is not dealing with customers and its not too stressful and while physical we get breaks between flights.

If it was 10 hours straight of hard labor not sure I would have the stamina.

If I could get hired at AC long term there might be more opportunity there. A few from my work have been hired.

I do apply just have not been successful.

It would be a 5.50/hr pay cut though.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 21st 2018 at 8:10 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

If our stupid healthcare system would just modernize and realize medication isn't the solution to fixing mental health issues and cover the necessary treatments that have the best end results, it would lead to a lot more positive for people.

The current system pops pills like candy, and while meds work for a variety of mental health issues there are some where medication does little to no good.

I take medication daily, it does nothing for me to help, but there is no medication for borderline, best the medication can do is possibly limit some of the symptoms from becoming overly severe, but the core problems of the disorder remain.

Its annoying that there is a really good center not 10 mins away who specialized in borderline and there is no way to access it.

It really brings one down when you know its unlikely you will ever fully live life because of the issues holding you down that you simply cannot fix on your own.

Old Apr 24th 2018, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

If our stupid healthcare system would just modernize and realize medication isn't the solution to fixing mental health issues and cover the necessary treatments that have the best end results, it would lead to a lot more positive for people.

The current system pops pills like candy, and while meds work for a variety of mental health issues there are some where medication does little to no good.

I take medication daily, it does nothing for me to help, but there is no medication for borderline, best the medication can do is possibly limit some of the symptoms from becoming overly severe, but the core problems of the disorder remain.

Its annoying that there is a really good center not 10 mins away who specialized in borderline and there is no way to access it.

It really brings one down when you know its unlikely you will ever fully live life because of the issues holding you down that you simply cannot fix on your own.

...... and would you get any better treatment anywhere else in the world, and at a price that you could afford?
Old Apr 24th 2018, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scilly
...... and would you get any better treatment anywhere else in the world, and at a price that you could afford?

I am not an expert on the worlds healthcare system's so your asking a question that cannot be answered by me.

It's just extremely frustrating living somewhere with so called universal healthcare only to be denied healthcare because I can't afford it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.