Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

“Social Media Influencer”

“Social Media Influencer”

Old Jan 19th 2018, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default “Social Media Influencer”

Little Miss Snowflake...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/19/hotel-owner-hits-youtube-vloggers-flooded-business-bad-reviews/
Old Jan 19th 2018, 2:37 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: “Social Media Influencer”

Youtube vloggers, what a terrible time to be alive...an example is that American kid, Logan whatever his name is. Suicide forest guy.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

What a horrible woman, who does she think she is? I'm continually seeing more of this this sense of entitlement by some of the millenials today. its very alarming....and what was this tearful reaction rubbish??? About what???? The owner wasn't rude....just stated the facts,....the guy is just trying to run a business!! I thought his reply was excellent.

Its nothing more than blackmail that this woman has commited. its her and her cronies that are behaving maliciously. I cannot see how she has any defence whatsoever. Infact I would love to stay at this guys hotel shake his hand and buy him a beer.

EDIT: I just read a little further and saw that he posted his reply publicly on facebook (but didn't name her I see)....and thats what she is upset about....still doesn't change my opinion of her, who is she to ask for free goods and services? If companies offer but to ask for it? If your going to do that kind of thing, you have to expect some people are not going to react kindly to it. Maybe be Im out of touch, but that doesn't sit well with me at all. Its more embarassing to see here try to dig herself deeper into a hole trying to justify it!

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Jan 19th 2018 at 3:39 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:23 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

They are as bad as each other. He thinks he's a " joker" which excuses his juvenile humour and borderline bad behaviour. On the cafe's Facebook page he has few instances of posting complaints letters from hotel customers' several photos of signs saying things such as "under 65 only" "no vegans, gluten intolerant" and do on. He thinks it's witty. He's also posted about his various charitable acts showing that he has a kinder side.

Little miss Precious didn't do her research otherwise she'd have known what she was taking on and her visa doe is just plain gormless. I really don't like public shaming however daft her response was and I can see why you would want to defend your hotel's reputation but, but it looks like that he doesn't really care much for online reviews so why bother?

They both seem to gave overinflated views of their importance.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
What a horrible woman, who does she think she is? I'm continually seeing more of this this sense of entitlement by some of the millenials today. its very alarming....and what was this tearful reaction rubbish??? About what???? The owner wasn't rude....just stated the facts,....the guy is just trying to run a business!! I thought his reply was excellent.

Its nothing more than blackmail that this woman has commited. its her and her cronies that are behaving maliciously. I cannot see how she has any defence whatsoever. Infact I would love to stay at this guys hotel shake his hand and buy him a beer.

EDIT: I just read a little further and saw that he posted his reply publicly on facebook (but didn't name her I see)....and thats what she is upset about....still doesn't change my opinion of her, who is she to ask for free goods and services? If companies offer but to ask for it? If your going to do that kind of thing, you have to expect some people are not going to react kindly to it. Maybe be Im out of touch, but that doesn't sit well with me at all. Its more embarassing to see here try to dig herself deeper into a hole trying to justify it!
I'm not interested in Facebook so can't tell if the owner revealed her name in his posting. From what I can see he copied her original "business proposal" but removed her personal information. Was she the one who revealed her identity publicly?
Old Jan 19th 2018, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
I'm not interested in Facebook so can't tell if the owner revealed her name in his posting. From what I can see he copied her original "business proposal" but removed her personal information. Was she the one who revealed her identity publicly?
I have no interest in facebook either, so Im not sure how it works, Im just going by the clipping posted on that link.... like you say it showed his reply with her original email below, with her personal details blanked.... so it looks as though she revealed her own identity in attempt to get some solidarity from here followers, which if she did makes her even worse than I first thought!!
Old Jan 19th 2018, 8:22 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
I have no interest in facebook either, so Im not sure how it works, Im just going by the clipping posted on that link.... like you say it showed his reply with her original email below, with her personal details blanked.... so it looks as though she revealed her own identity in attempt to get some solidarity from here followers, which if she did makes her even worse than I first thought!!
I think the only value of FB is to affirm that all the people you knew in high school are still cads.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oink
I think the only value of FB is to affirm that all the people you knew in high school are still cads.
I can't see any other value.

Also why do people who used to ignore you at school, and some who actually wanted to fight you, want to be best buds on feacesbook???

Obviously does strange things to peoples minds.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 9:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Also why do people who used to ignore you at school, and some who actually wanted to fight you, want to be best buds on feacesbook???
I think people change and mature.

There were two major trouble makers in my year. Two of them hung around together. One time the teacher was going to keep me in after school with one of them but he couldn't remember who the other one was. I was not grassing him up but it was just my natural honesty when I said who it was.

The rest of the day, his right hand man and his right hand man's right hand man knuckled me on my head at every opportunity.

A few years after school me and another mate met him and you couldn't meet a nicer bloke. Mr Respectable he was, married with a kid, good job, wife worked in my bank. The other trouble maker had a string of court appearances as he got older.

Another kid - at senior school when I was in the juniors - gave me a pummelling but I was tough and with blood streaming from my nose I apparently asked him if he'd had enough. I found my bloody hanky at the park the next day.

We were friendly in school a bit later. He probably admired my guts. He spilt enough of them.