Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

Moving, how do I take all my stuff without spending a fortune?

Moving, how do I take all my stuff without spending a fortune?

Old Jan 1st 2016, 11:48 am
Just Joined

angelo.grieco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving, how do I take all my stuff without spending a fortune?

Hello everybody, I was wondering if any of you has any advice on the matter, as I'm planning to move in the next couple of months and I've accumulated quite a bit of stuff in the last five years in London... we're speaking anyway about 4/5 boxes, a suitcase of clothes, 2 guitars a small amply, a computer monitor (boxed) and a small hi-fi system (turntable+ampli+speakers)... no forniture.

Now, this stuff would fit in a medium sized car probably, but I know registering a foreign car in Malta will be pretty expensive so the cost for the registration plus travel expenses would probably match the cost to ship the stuff down there. (Any advice about the car matter would be appreciated as well)

Thanks, and have a happy new year
Old Jan 27th 2016, 7:33 pm
Banned

etnaboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving, how do I take all my stuff without spending a fortune?

Hi

I might be able to help you out..
I will almost certainly be getting a 4x4 in early march from london (i am in sicily)
Seems PMs are not working but you can email [email protected]
Visiting Malta is on my to do list and its not great effort to come there.
Most likely i would store your stuff here for a week or so before moving on to Malta (Its a long trip and for me visiting Malta would be a short holiday so would not want to arrive like a zombie)
drop me a line