Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

whinging poms-complaining Italians

whinging poms-complaining Italians

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 5:22 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whinging poms-complaining Italians

Originally Posted by Juvefan

now can you name 5 just as bad things about your country which make you crazy?
1.The binge drinking that seems to be getting younger and younger.

2. The attitude that "it's my human right". Some of it I agree with. Most of it is just bloody stupid.

3. health and safety. Some of it I agree with. Most of it is just bloody stupid.

4. teenage pregnancies and even older ones - especially those deliberately created for benefits or housing. People who say their 4th, 5th and 6th pregnancies were accidents. I pay for two kids in Italy. I can't afford to raise anymore. I haven't had a single "accident" in the last 10 years! Or Ever !

5. Skimpy clothes in the middle of winter because you have to go clubbing. Now this is not me being a prude or a spoilsport. I had my share of parties and clubbing in the late 80s. We all went out with coats and all the clubs had a cloakroom for about 50p. You never went home or stood at the taxi rank in a bikini top and booty shorts and nothing else. We dressed to look good but we also dressed for the weather in those days. We didn't pub crawl freezing our tits off. We had boots and coats.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
1.The binge drinking that seems to be getting younger and younger.

2. The attitude that "it's my human right". Some of it I agree with. Most of it is just bloody stupid.

3. health and safety. Some of it I agree with. Most of it is just bloody stupid.

4. teenage pregnancies and even older ones - especially those deliberately created for benefits or housing. People who say their 4th, 5th and 6th pregnancies were accidents. I pay for two kids in Italy. I can't afford to raise anymore. I haven't had a single "accident" in the last 10 years! Or Ever !

5. Skimpy clothes in the middle of winter because you have to go clubbing. Now this is not me being a prude or a spoilsport. I had my share of parties and clubbing in the late 80s. We all went out with coats and all the clubs had a cloakroom for about 50p. You never went home or stood at the taxi rank in a bikini top and booty shorts and nothing else. We dressed to look good but we also dressed for the weather in those days. We didn't pub crawl freezing our tits off. We had boots and coats.
I will add the 6th thing-uncontrolled immigration
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 6:11 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
I will add the 6th thing-uncontrolled immigration
I was going to say that too ...... and then I must have got all Italian and afraid of sounding racist when I am too an immigrant. But nobody ever gave me **** all in this country - sometimes not even a smile - and I have always paid for everything I've done here. There never has been any "just turning up and getting stuff" here.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say that too ...... and then I must have got all Italian and afraid of sounding racist when I am too an immigrant. But nobody ever gave me **** all in this country - sometimes not even a smile - and I have always paid for everything I've done here. There never has been any "just turning up and getting stuff" here.
I was am immigrant in the UK, Lorna and I never got anything free from the state ( I never asked either ), I have always worked and paid my taxes unlike many who get council houses, family credits, and any other benefit under the sun they can get their hands on...... Nowdays, so many things get swept under the racist flag. Controlling immigration is not racist, uncontrolled immigration breeds racism.

Last edited by Isakat; Aug 23rd 2013 at 8:14 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously didn't live in Newcastle.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

covboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey my Mrs told me the other day the Africans over here are given free phone cards to phone home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
wonder if i can get one ??
i probably don't qualify as i'm not here illegally and pay taxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2013, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Juvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikethomo
I don't miss much about the UK . But the way some things are done in Italy just begger belief. I have had residency for some time although I had the carta identia I did not get a certificate at the time for some reason. I needed the certificate so went back to the commune to get it, ok no problem go the tabbaci to get a 16 euro stamp go back have the certificate stamped and told to return in a month to get the cert. One month or so later return to get original cert , told go march up the street again to get yet another 16e stamp, totally beyond me if someone could enlighten me it would be nice. Sometimes the faffing about is unbelievable.
yeah, this I can't believe! how Italy came so far in the past, and now it takes 1 month to do something which in Germany, or japan or SOuth Korea takes 2 minutes,
"hello, please take a sit and you can pick up your card over there in 5 minutes!"

Italy, "hello, ok, you need this, that, this, that, pay this, come back in 4 weeks, then pay this, and wait, wait more, ok, here you are "

one thing Italy does do well, well for me anyway, is when I am abroad, and I need a new passport, they make me one in less than an hour. which is VERY surprising LOL, but twice now, they just say, take a seat, I will make a new passport, I was thinking OH god how long is this gonna take! 2 months?
no, 1 hour.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute

France used to be a place where it was easy to get state benefits. You just filled in the forms.
It was then discovered that some EU immigrants were driving Chelsea Tractors and living in nice houses also claiming RMI (Income Support).
They clamped down on it.
The worst offenders by far were - yes you guessed.
No doubt they spent much of their time on forums and bars moaning about uncontrolled immigration'.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Juvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the Italian government gives a lot of subsidies and benefits to refugees, or even immigrants? more than destitute Italians get.
complaint I hear a lot is, the government is taking care of foreigners more than their own.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Juvefan
I thought the Italian government gives a lot of subsidies and benefits to refugees, or even immigrants? more than destitute Italians get.
complaint I hear a lot is, the government is taking care of foreigners more than their own.
What is the Italian equivalent of the Daily Mail?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cardi
What is the Italian equivalent of the Daily Mail?
Nothing quite so entertaining on the Italian press scene as far as dailies are concerned. But for scandal mag weeklies there are dozens.
I suppose 'Libero' could be compared to a degree. Italian 'free' press is largely controlled either by political parties or big business and banks.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:13 am
Just Joined

martine.italy is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Italy and miss very little about the UK, but as always there is a snake in the grass. I live in a paradise in Southern Italy, with my Italian boyfriend, horses, dogs, cats and chickens. We employed a 'lady' from the village to clean, she has been regularly cleaning out my purse of money. Yes it happens in all parts of the World but I feel devastated that she could come into our home where we trusted her and steal regularly, putting her hand in my bag every morning. After having a telecamera installed we yesterday had her arrested. I have never posted on a forum but am doing this because I find it cathartic. This morning without any telephone call she tried to let herself into our property, we discussed, on my part heatedly what had happened and she turned it around on me, saying that all my eggs that she stole, my homemade salamis, jams etc etc, my cockeral I had reared especially for my 83 year old father I had told her she could help herself. The money was just a moment of craziness, the same old story. The police arrested her with 15 euros stuffed in her bra, and last night really could'nt be bothered taking a statement properly even though we had our solicitor with us. I love Italy, the climate, the sea, our beautifull house in the country, the food that I am growing and rearing myself. Our wine and our own olive oil, that apart I will find it very hard to ever trust anyone else in my home. A bare faced liar who is already managing to get the sympathy vote and an Italian legal system that will probably end up doing nothing. Dissapointing to say the very least and an experience that has soured Italy for me in a big way. Hope this isnt whinging to much
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Martine , thats not really whinging its entirely justified rage ! This woman has taken advantge of you and been dishonest you have every right to be angry .
Old Aug 27th 2013, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Hi Martine , thats not really whinging its entirely justified rage ! This woman has taken advantge of you and been dishonest you have every right to be angry .
that's right and this is not just an Italian thing, this is a world problem!
Old Sep 1st 2013, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Twinkle Canelli will become famous soon enough

Not really on topic, but to Martine really... and to restore everybody's faith in human nature...

Quite late last night I drove to a walking place to give the dog a run. As I normally do I swapped the car key and my mobile from my handbag into a bum bag and left my handbag in the car. We walked three kms and it started to get dark so we headed back to the car, only to find that somehow I had lost the car key. We headed back the way we came searching desperately, and at the end using my phone as a torch to see, but no luck. I called my son at home and asked him to bring the spare to me (about 5kms away and he doesn't drive!!). Eventually we met and went to reclaim the car, only to find my lost key looped onto the car door handle. Handbag, ipod, cds, sunglasses and everything all still inside....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.