schools in the lucca area

schools in the lucca area

Old May 31st 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Charlotte T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: schools in the lucca area

Originally Posted by harley3
Good Morning All,

Apologies will not be able to attend meeting today, as still living in the North of Italy, however, very interested to hear the outcome. Enjoy the chat and coffee. By the way, does any one know of a hotel/restaurant in Lucca area looking for chefs ?
Hi Harley,

I have a brother in law who has a bar/restaurant in Fornaci di Barga, he may well know of chef jobs in the area. He is also looking to sell his place as he'd like to buy a restaurant a little closer to home (there is one for sale just down the road) so if your OH is interested in having his own place perhaps he'd be would like to get in touch with Mirko (my brother in law)?

Yesterday's meeting went well - you can get details on luccaschool.blogspot.com or via Facebook page- Kingsbury School and the Kingsbury Club.
Old May 31st 2010, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

harley3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you that would be useful, does Mirko have an email address ? Or does the bar/restaurant have a website ?.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:44 am
Just Joined

C OCallaghan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: schools in the lucca area

Dear Charlotte and everyone who responded to my message,
Thank-you all for your advice and information. I will be coming to Italy for 5-6 weeks during the Summer break and would really like to meet up with others in this 'loop' to chat about developments regarding international primary schooling in the Barga/ Lucca area. Please could you let me know how to contact you if you are interested in meeting up. Maybe an equi-distant rendezvous (and we could wear a carnation in our lapels!) might be an idea.
As a deputy Headteacher, education is very important to me and I feel that I am very ignorant of the options offered in Italy at the moment.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Charlotte T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C OCallaghan
Dear Charlotte and everyone who responded to my message,
Thank-you all for your advice and information. I will be coming to Italy for 5-6 weeks during the Summer break and would really like to meet up with others in this 'loop' to chat about developments regarding international primary schooling in the Barga/ Lucca area. Please could you let me know how to contact you if you are interested in meeting up. Maybe an equi-distant rendezvous (and we could wear a carnation in our lapels!) might be an idea.
As a deputy Headteacher, education is very important to me and I feel that I am very ignorant of the options offered in Italy at the moment.
When are you over here? Would love to meet up.....
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Dear Charlotte, I am in Italy for only 4 weeks this year due to the pressure of preparing for an impending Ofsted visit at school. I will be arriving on Friday 30th July. Please text me on 07958296027. I live in Bargecchia, just above Pieve Fosciana so I am very close to you. Let's try to arrange a meeting. It would be great to chat about life in Italy.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by C OCallaghan
Dear Charlotte, I am in Italy for only 4 weeks this year due to the pressure of preparing for an impending Ofsted visit at school. I will be arriving on Friday 30th July. Please text me on 07958296027. I live in Bargecchia, just above Pieve Fosciana so I am very close to you. Let's try to arrange a meeting. It would be great to chat about life in Italy.
Erm.... not sure putting your private phone number onto a public forum is a great idea. You could always send a personal message instead which might be better.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your advice but I don't know how to send a private message using this website. Please let me know how to do this as I'm leaving for Italy tomorrow (driving) and would like to arrange a meeting with some fellow 'chat-room' colleagues regarding the developments towards schools in the Lucca area.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

okay, if you go to the top of this page and look in the right hand corner, there is a link called 'private messages. Then on the left hand side of the page that takes you to, you will see the control panel. A few links down it says 'Compose message. Click on that. Then type in the user name in the recipients box and you should get a suggestion of the name so click on that to add it properly. You can then send a message to that person (or persons) The other way to do it might be to invite people to pm you.... I know Lorna, the mod for this site, is away, but normally she would have snipped out your number anyway. Hth.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your help. Have now sent a private message to Charlotte T and look forward to finding out more about schools in lucca. Maybe we can feedback anything useful.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

please do. I'm not personally in Lucca but all these bits of info are helpful to other people, if not now, then at some point in the future.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by indiebird
please do. I'm not personally in Lucca but all these bits of info are helpful to other people, if not now, then at some point in the future.
Dear Charlotte, I have now returned from Italy and was really hoping to hear from you while I was there. My husband and I are making all the right moves and enquiries with regards moving to Italy permanently but still have concerns about our daughter's schooling. If anyone has any more information about the proposed International School in Lucca, could they please let me know. Thank-you.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

purplesally is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about the International School in Lucca but there is an English language school in Cascina opening on the 20th September - Happy Days. It's only for young kids though - how old is your daughter?
Check it out here: http://tuscany.angloinfo.com/informa...atsontoday.asp