Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Paris passport application

Paris passport application

Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Paris passport application

My God!! That over doubles the price of doing it the 'normal route' in the UK -even if you do take it to the Post Office to get it checked! Honestly, are these things really that expensive?? Makes me mad when you see the Italians all using their I.D. cards to get on flights through, lets face it, sloppy and haphazard security. Cost of an I.d Card what is it €5.50??!! Security??? Nil!! :curse:
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I did two in the UK last year. Just posted them off, no post office, no telephone calls and no interviews. Had them back within the week. They will add up to ten months unexpired on. I don't know if that means you can't apply until you are in that time window though, or if you just lose the extra.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:01 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

With Alex we had no choice, neither Stephen or I live in the UK now for any length of time and Alex is too young by a year to do his own yet, 16 + and you can. Stephen was in the UK that week and Alex had to have it renewed to be able to go away with school that Saturday! We were going to sort it when he came back through the post etc. but you can't - one of us has to be in the country for the full time of the application - we can't stick it in the post, leave and let it get delivered to him. All very strange considering someone else CAN go and pick it up for you......Thing is they can ring you at any time to check where you are, so it really isn't worth the risk. Did you know it is illegal to bring UK passport application forms out of the UK and illegal to bring the forms you use here into the UK???

Living Here, if you check they should have added the extra time on so you don't lose any - it should expire 10 years 10 months after you applied.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:09 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
With Alex we had no choice, neither Stephen or I live in the UK now for any length of time and Alex is too young by a year to do his own yet, 16 + and you can. Stephen was in the UK that week and Alex had to have it renewed to be able to go away with school that Saturday! We were going to sort it when he came back through the post etc. but you can't - one of us has to be in the country for the full time of the application - we can't stick it in the post, leave and let it get delivered to him. All very strange considering someone else CAN go and pick it up for you......Thing is they can ring you at any time to check where you are, so it really isn't worth the risk. Did you know it is illegal to bring UK passport application forms out of the UK and illegal to bring the forms you use here into the UK???

Living Here, if you check they should have added the extra time on so you don't lose any - it should expire 10 years 10 months after you applied.
Illegal !!!!! Is it ?????

I went to the post office and picked up an application form when I thought I was going to get Chloe a passport over there. Actually I picked up two in case I made a mistake on one. I brought them back here along with the instruction booklet.

When I send off for my own pasport to the Embassy I'd better use the download and print out form from internet then and not the one I brought back.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:34 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

It's a different form so you will have to anyway. The form for the embassy isn't as "prissy" as the ones in the UK! You only have to stay in the lines for your signature, whereas you have to be in all the right boxes with no ink going outside for the UK ones.

When I rang Identity and Passports and told them someone had posted passport forms from the UK to me they told me it was against the law and that we could actually be prosecuted! I had to promise we wouldn't fill the in in Italy.... If you sent it back from here with an Italian return address they would refuse to renew it and apparently it can severely delay your application in other ways too....Unbelievable huh??
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

They did add the extra on, but it was less than ten months. Mine expires March 2011 and I will renew that this summer in the UK. I do know that you have to be in the country that you are applying from, so can't post them back for someone else to do for you.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:27 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

It's a different form so you will have to anyway. The form for the embassy isn't as "prissy" as the ones in the UK! You only have to stay in the lines for your signature, whereas you have to be in all the right boxes with no ink going outside for the UK ones.

When I rang Identity and Passports and told them someone had posted passport forms from the UK to me they told me it was against the law and that we could actually be prosecuted! I had to promise we wouldn't fill the in in Italy.... If you sent it back from here with an Italian return address they would refuse to renew it and apparently it can severely delay your application in other ways too....Unbelievable huh??
Thanks - I never knew that.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:15 am
The Original Red Head!

Update: according to the tracking service on posta assicurata the letter arrived last night at Fiumicino....
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

just looked on the directgov website. you can fast track your passport renewal in the uk. theres a one week service, or a one day premium service. both these services are appointment only:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...ions/DG_174149
to renew or amend an adult passport:
standard - £77.50
one week fast track - £112.50
one day premium - £129.50
they say they only add 9 months from your old passport for renewals

Last edited by davehornet6; Feb 25th 2010 at 10:06 am. Reason: ooops again
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:48 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily I won't have to do it now for another 8 years and they'll probably be chip and pinning us by then!!

And next time Alex needs to renew his he'll be old enough to pay for his own!! Or am I being naive???
Wishful thinking?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:34 pm
The Original Red Head!

That's what I thought....
Old Feb 25th 2010, 2:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I thought....
Mmmm, we have two 30 odd teenagers and we still have to bail them out sometimes.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Mmmm, we have two 30 odd teenagers and we still have to bail them out sometimes.
30 year old teenagers
Old Feb 25th 2010, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
30 year old teenagers
HEY
im nearly a 40yr old teenager
Old Feb 27th 2010, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
love it!!! although it's a bit depressing........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.