Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Mortgages for people working outside of Italy

Mortgages for people working outside of Italy

Old Jun 18th 2016, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice
Default Mortgages for people working outside of Italy

After finding a nice house in Italy we did not manage to purchase it because of mortgage rules. In spite of high incomes in the UK, Italian banks did not want to consider our case. At the same time, the UK banks did not want to provide mortgage for the house in Italy.

As we do not have a property in the UK, we could not take the usual route of getting financing based on UK property.

Does anybody know any Italian bank offering the mortgages for purchaser employed abroad? It looks like that there were many possibilities just a couple of years ago. But, now, we did not manage to find a single provider.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 8:34 am
Account Closed

>>BE Guest001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mortgages for people working outside of Italy

Originally Posted by kazic
After finding a nice house in Italy we did not manage to purchase it because of mortgage rules. In spite of high incomes in the UK, Italian banks did not want to consider our case. At the same time, the UK banks did not want to provide mortgage for the house in Italy.

As we do not have a property in the UK, we could not take the usual route of getting financing based on UK property.

Does anybody know any Italian bank offering the mortgages for purchaser employed abroad? It looks like that there were many possibilities just a couple of years ago. But, now, we did not manage to find a single provider.
according site role 9 - no information , for solve yr's problem

i send private message to you ... maybe this you receive ...
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:52 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ugo
according site role 9 - no information , for solve yr's problem

Instead of being snarky, explain how it is done and ask to be messaged if further info is needed.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by 37100
Instead of being snarky, explain how it is done and ask to be messaged if further info is needed.
I just posted a link that was deleted - in practice, it is not impossible to make mortgages to non-Italian, I make them every day
Old Jun 20th 2016, 11:02 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ugo
I just posted a link that was deleted - in practice, it is not impossible to make mortgages to non-Italian, I make them every day
Posting a link does not answer people's questions .
Old Jun 20th 2016, 11:09 am
Account Closed

Posting a link does not answer people's questions .
i can't post 12 pages explain .., and all words contained in links pleced on this page

do not is possible post entyre laws, entire embassy sites, entire pieces of legislation, with all attachments, is not enough all your servers to contain all the information, which heads the links, it is for this reason that the links are invented...,

Last edited by >>BE Guest001; Jun 20th 2016 at 11:18 am.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 12:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ugo
Have you actually read Site Rule 9? If so, then you'll realise that it's also against the rules to send your own webpage to somebody via PM. I've deleted several of your posts recently for breaking this rule.

Information is welcome, touting for business isn't. So feel free to give advice and information, you just can't post your own website or any pages from it on the forum or send them to people via PM.

I hope that clarifies it for you?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

very clear , this mean that private message are NON private , but subject to the " CENSURA "

Last edited by >>BE Guest001; Jun 20th 2016 at 12:41 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 12:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ugo
very clear , this mean that private message are NON private , but subject to the " CENSURA "
Nope, they're just subject to the Site Rules. I'm sure you wouldn't want somebody randomly messaging you and trying to get business from you would you? Same applies to all.

Any further issues, take it up with BEVS or Lorna, I believe that BEVS has already helped you out with your signature and either will be happy to help you understand the rules if you're still struggling with them, but put simply just don't put your own website on any posts or messages, and you'll be fine. Thanks for understanding.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

It's very true that things have changed a lot in the past few years. The regulatory environment now makes it pretty much uneconomic for UK banks to offer mortgages in anything other than sterling to private individuals. So effectively, little or no euro overseas mortgages. Similarly, Italian banks are curtailed by residency issues. So effectively, litlle or no euro mortgages to non residents. That said, the market is not totally closed. There are pockets of funds available from Swiss lenders for example but these are really only accessible through a mortgage broker. Requirements are generally pretty high. A maximum loan to value of 60%, (on a realistic selling price...ie not your buying price), a demonstratiion that interest payments do not take up more than 35% of free income (income less all prior charges...taxes, bills etc), a minimum loan value of €250k etc. Also interest rates are generally higher and there will be initial set up charges.

Ugo...'in practice, it is not impossible to make mortgages to non-Italian, I make them every day'.

Every day. Hmmmm.

Last edited by Capo Boi; Jun 20th 2016 at 1:00 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

quali siti rulers - io non ho messo alcun link ! what site rules , i do not place any link
sorry capo boy - here i cant' reply to you
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Capo Boi
I Hmmmm.
eppur si muove ...
(Galileo Galilei )
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:28 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ugo
quali siti rulers - io non ho messo alcun link ! what site rules , i do not place any link
sorry capo boy - here i cant' reply to you
Hint: lifeinItaly.it
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

Hint: lifeinItaly.it

pls explain , what you mean ?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ugo
pls explain , what you mean ?
I think the problem is your English, I hope. It would be nice if you do not just direct people to your web site. A short reply to people's question is the way to go and an invite to message you if further help is needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.