Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Living in Sicily

Living in Sicily

Old Oct 24th 2010, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Sicily

HI

SIRACUSA to Palermo on the train is a real drag - it is quicker to go to Messina and change. Most people take coaches in Sicily - they are much quicker, and direct. It will take 3 hours from SR to PA on the bus, and about 7 on the train.

Catania to Siracusa is easy, but again it will take 1,5 hours on the train and 1 hour on the bus.

The airport is a bus ride from town. There are direct coaches from Siracusa to the airport - check out the AST site here: http://www.aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/
or the interbus site for Palermo - Siracusa here
www.interbus.it

Siracusa is an easy base - you can visit the whole of the east of the island easily.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Bodenis is an unknown quantity at this point

Tks Modicasa
Very helpfull.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:20 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Any ideas on the "Best Beach in Sicily?"

I was on a flight recently and saw a beach on a small Island off the mainland of Sicily - it looked amazing, better than the film "The beach" - there really only seemed to be room for 10 people or less on the beach and it had a lagoon - I need to find this place and be there!

thank you

k
Old Nov 1st 2010, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Hello,

Any ideas on the "Best Beach in Sicily?"

I was on a flight recently and saw a beach on a small Island off the mainland of Sicily - it looked amazing, better than the film "The beach" - there really only seemed to be room for 10 people or less on the beach and it had a lagoon - I need to find this place and be there!

thank you

k
I can highly recommend Lo Zingaro, not far from castellamare del golfo. Not sure how it would be at this time of year though. We went in August, got there very early about 6.30 and was quite deserted but we left by 11 as it became super packed with ignorant Palermitanos who even planted an umbrella between my nieces legs as she was sunbathing ! Take water, food and shade as there is nothing there but is beautiful and worth the 15 minute walk to the first beach, there are more further along.
Attached Thumbnails Living in Sicily-dscf2435.jpg  
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

MarkStevens is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Messina.. is anyone else?
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MarkStevens
I'm in Messina.. is anyone else?
I doubt it Sorry I visited Messina once and was very dissappointed, just my personal opinion Sicly is beautiful..... apart from Messina Ohh and I also got a fine for supposedly jumping a red light!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

MarkStevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, that seems to be the consensus... I think it's dead pretty myself, but I do have an amazing flat with sea / mountain views,so...