Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Do you speak good Italian

Do you speak good Italian

Old Aug 24th 2006, 8:30 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Do you speak good Italian

If you do then you may be able to help me in a long standing search I have been making. Here's the story.
Back in 1973/74 (when I was 7/8 years old) my parents took me on holiday to Lido de Jesolo up in the north east of Italy. While on holiday there my father bought me a small childs motorcycle made by an Italian company called "BIEMME". I used the motorcycle until I was too big for it and it was put away in my dads shed for over 25 years and basically forgotten about. Anyways, about 5 years ago I pulled it out of the shed and gave it a quick rebuild (basically just cleaned it up and got it running) so my son could get some enjoyment from it.
Now the motorcycle is here with me in the USA and I want to rebuild it again only thoroughly this time for my daughter to use.
herein lies the problem, many many hours spent at the computer using various search engines have come up with nothing in regards to finding any history for the company that made this motorcycle.
The bike itself has "BIEMME" stamped all over it on various parts and one or two even say "Biemme Bologna".
If anyone could ask any of your local motorcycle or moped dealers if they know of this company or what happened to them I'd be eternally grateful. Any information, no matter how trivial it may seem would be appreciated. thanks.
Pics show the bike when it was "freshened up" 5 years ago. it should be noted that when the bike was new the frame was orange, the tank was white and the headlight and handlebars are different.
Attached Thumbnails Do you speak good Italian-biemme-001.jpg   Do you speak good Italian-biemme-002.jpg   Do you speak good Italian-biemme-003.jpg   Do you speak good Italian-biemme-004.jpg   Do you speak good Italian-biemme-005.jpg  

Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you speak good Italian

I think it has something to do with this company..
http://www.biemmegiochi.com/indice.htm
but I can't see anything like what you have, so I will keep looking!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 11:15 pm
Capo di nessuno capo

stefanaccio is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a website in English with some information on the motorbike you are researching: http://www.motomoriniclub.nl/motorifrancomorini.html
Casale in Abruzzo
Old Sep 8th 2006, 11:36 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

My trivial bit, Biemme means BMW in Italian I think

or Biemme

No bikes though. I do like a mechanical mystery

Last edited by gruffbrown; Sep 8th 2006 at 11:40 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 11:41 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

i'll ask my fella