Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Babies passport

Babies passport

Old Oct 26th 2016, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

mikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Babies passport

Hello for a friend English mum Italian dad new baby they want a UK passport they are resident in Italy ? Anyone know what is required in the form of docments and what is tbe easiest and most cost effective way of getting them.
Thanks sure somebody has done this .
Old Oct 26th 2016, 7:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babies passport

Start here: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Oct 27th 2016, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

mikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes got that far its just the supporting documents that are the problem and what if anything needs translating
Old Oct 27th 2016, 8:53 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikethomo
Yes got that far its just the supporting documents that are the problem and what if anything needs translating
Your friend will need to provide the relevant requested documents and those in Italian will need translating. Multilingual birth and marriage certificates are available from the comune. For births and marriages in England or Wales copies of certificates are available from the General Register Office for £9.25. Any other relevant Italian documents will need to be professionally translated.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 9:22 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike,

I recently did my son's and although I applied whilst in the UK, somehow everything ended up in the hands of the overseas department which I contested as I had the bloody UK Post Office check and send service receipt. I emailed it to them but they were having none of it and several calls and emails made no difference to them. They kept sending lists of the extra documents they wanted and of course the extra £26 because it's more expensive to apply from Italy.

Anyway ..... tell your friend that when she goes to the Italian comune to get the baby's birth certificate and the father's, to ask for the certificates in FORMATO INTERNAZIONALE. The comune do have them, they are written in Italian on the front and the equivalent English, French and German is on the back. These do not have to be translated.

They also wanted something with proof of my Italian address on it. I walked around each room of my home wondering what I could possibly have that wouldn't need to be officially translated. Gas bills? Bank statements? Work contracts? No. All had my name and address on, but all in Italian.
Then I checked my Italian/European driving licence and it has my name and address on the front. I didn't think they would refuse it and I didn't think it would need to be officially translated ..... what's to translate? But to make sure I emailed them a colour scan of it and they told me that yes, they would accept a colour photocopy of it (front and back) as proof of my address.

Obviously I had to fill out new forms, send new photos and have everything countersigned by someone here. I didn't want to fill out the credit card form for the extra payment so they gave me a phone number to use.

I still have all the emails so I can double check everything if your friend needs me to. I was in contact with so many people in that overseas department that their emails went from Dear Mrs Kenneally and Yours sincerely to Dear Lorna and kind regards.

They sent me a customer satisfaction survey to fill out later .......... oh the fools!
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Lorna thats great will pass on. Re address I wonder is a certificate of family would do I had to get one to insure cars for the rest of the family it was eady to do .
Old Oct 27th 2016, 2:13 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikethomo
Thanks Lorna thats great will pass on. Re address I wonder is a certificate of family would do I had to get one to insure cars for the rest of the family it was eady to do .
As long as you have a CdF you can get a certificato di residenza fiscale from the AdE. Some one on here suggested this and I did it. It's in Italian/English and costs €3.12 ( unless it's gone up). You don't need an income, just X 'altro'. The AdE are fully aware of what we use it for.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Lorna - I think it was you who recommended to me that I get a certificate of fiscal residence from the Agenzia delle Entrate to prove my address. They can issue that on a bilingual form, avoiding the need for a translation. Obviously, only applies if you are fiscally resident in Italy....

I think the cost was a bit more than €3.12 - it may have required a €16 marca da bollo?

Mike - not sure whether the rules of BE allow this but just in case: I am a professional translator so if you need any help/guidance feel free to send me a private message.

It's worth pointing out that the UK doesn't have the "sworn translation" system which other countries use, so your translator doesn't have to take it to the court to be sworn or anything like that.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks George will keep in mind. I think she maybe all sorted but I suppose we will await the actual passport. Thanks all