Reload this Page >

I WANT to move to Mumbai.

I WANT to move to Mumbai.

Old Jul 10th 2014, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

James Reay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I WANT to move to Mumbai.

Hi there,

I just finished my architectural education (any architects on these forums?) and I'm coming to Mumbai in a month to check the place out for work, before I travel around the rest of India (and Thailand) after which I'll hopefully be able to decide where I want to be.

I'm finding it a bit difficult from this distance (London) to work out what the place is actually like in terms of employment for ex-pats etc... And was was wondering if anybody had any general advice, whether architectural or not.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11th 2014, 1:09 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I WANT to move to Mumbai.

Hi. Just to say Welcome to the forum I'm not in India but hopefully some of the good souls based there will advise you soon.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 4:16 am
Just Joined

vishman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey James. I'm actually from Hong Kong, however I have heard from many mate's that Indian packages are pretty solid. They would take care of accommodation in Mumbai (where property is very very very expensive, like hong kong), car and driver, and international school fees for children. That's a bargain if you think about it. Language is not a problem in major cities like delhi, mumbai, bangalore. Amognst the upper-class Indians, everyone is highly educated speaking english as their mother toungue. It's good exposure for the children as well. Hope this helped a little.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 6:19 pm
Banned

AaronAdair is an unknown quantity at this point

You are welcome in Mumbai as it the hub of all the financial transactions of India with the rest of the world. Being an industrial city of India it has a lot of chances for architectures.