Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

TV show looking for families/couples who are seriously considering moving to India

TV show looking for families/couples who are seriously considering moving to India

Old Aug 11th 2014, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

veronica1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV show looking for families/couples who are seriously considering moving to India

We are currently looking to speak to families/couples who are seriously considering moving to India from the Uk for a new programme we are working on called Wanted in India.

We will take couples/families to India to see if they like it and what their lives would be like if they moved over.

anyoner interested can conact me at anytime

You can contact me via email on
[email protected]

Last edited by veronica1234; Aug 11th 2014 at 2:31 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV show looking for families/couples who are seriously considering moving to Ind

Originally Posted by veronica1234
My name is Veronica Haughey and I am a researcher with the BBC’s Factual Development team here in Belfast.

I got your email address on Indian centre Cardiff website and I hope you don’t mind me contacting you.

We are currently looking to speak to families/couples who are seriously considering moving to India from the Uk for a new programme we are working on called Wanted in India.

We will take couples/families to India to see if they like it and what their lives would be like if they moved over.
I wondered if you would know of anyone considering moving over or would be able to put the word out that we are looking to talk to people at all?

You can contact me via email on
[email protected]
Are you aware that foreigners can only enter India on a 6 month tourist visa?
Employment is not allowed on a tourist visa.

An employment visa is applied for, only after work is secured (and no Indian person is suitable for the job) or if working for a foreign company already established in India.

In practical terms renting property is the only option, purchase of property by a foreigner is not allowed unless the buyer is a resident.

Moved over there?
There consists of 29 states all with different climate, language, cuisine, economy etc etc. It would be like asking would they like it in Europe??

(The above does not apply to those foreigners of Indian origin holding OCI cards).

Last edited by Bipat; Aug 11th 2014 at 2:34 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Aug 11th 2014, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TV show looking for families/couples who are seriously considering moving to Ind

So that's Ruairi Parks, Veronica Haughey and Mike Garrod - you wait forever for a TV reporter to cover your story and then three come along together!

<BG> AndyD 8-)

P.S. Bipat - don't forget PIO's - they're foreigners as well.

Last edited by a_f_d; Aug 11th 2014 at 9:26 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
So that's Ruairi Parks, Veronica Haughey and Mike Garrod - you wait forever for a TV reporter to cover your story and then three come along together!

AndyD 8-)

P.S. Bipat - don't forget PIO's - they're foreigners as well.
How would I forget them? but they don't get quite all the advantages particularly if they are only a 'spouse'. What if such a PIO "moves over" and then gets 'dumped'!!

I wonder at these programmes like 'Place in the Sun', are the people chosen just to make a programme or do they really get good information? How can you decide to move across the world by visiting once to see how you like it?