British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Which way to turn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/way-turn-905593/)

Boomer123 Nov 8th 2017 7:48 am

Which way to turn

Hi guys this is a long post we don't know what to do.

So we came to Australia 10 years ago with 2 of our children whilst one stayed in the U.K. They are now adults.
To cut a long story short
Our 3rd child later came to join us but had a 12 month RRV visa and due to uncontrollable circumstances they stayed for 6 months then went back to uk. They have since visited us twice but using a holiday visa due to the RRV having lapsed and we were under the impression that the 12 month RRV was a last chance. We have just found out this was not correct information but now that they have had holiday visas the pr visa is cancelled but if we can persuade a case worker should we pursue this they might reinstate it.

Has anyone been successful?

How do we do this?

Any advice would be great thanks.

TIA

mrsgreenstar76 Nov 8th 2017 11:37 am

Re: Which way to turn

Originally Posted by Boomer123 (Post 12377428)
Hi guys this is a long post we don't know what to do.

So we came to Australia 10 years ago with 2 of our children whilst one stayed in the U.K. They are now adults.
To cut a long story short
Our 3rd child later came to join us but had a 12 month RRV visa and due to uncontrollable circumstances they stayed for 6 months then went back to uk. They have since visited us twice but using a holiday visa due to the RRV having lapsed and we were under the impression that the 12 month RRV was a last chance. We have just found out this was not correct information but now that they have had holiday visas the pr visa is cancelled but if we can persuade a case worker should we pursue this they might reinstate it.

Has anyone been successful?

How do we do this?

Any advice would be great thanks.

TIA

I would be surprised if there's a way to reinstate it. In all honesty, I really think you need to consult a registered migration agent due to the complexity of the situation. I can recommend George Lombard. He's very good, in my opinion. I hope you can get it sorted.

BritInParis Nov 8th 2017 8:53 pm

How long has this child been in the UK?

Boomer123 Nov 11th 2017 7:04 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 12377588)
I would be surprised if there's a way to reinstate it. In all honesty, I really think you need to consult a registered migration agent due to the complexity of the situation. I can recommend George Lombard. He's very good, in my opinion. I hope you can get it sorted.

Thanks

Boomer123 Nov 11th 2017 7:06 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12378006)
How long has this child been in the UK?

They are now an adult and have been in the U.K. for 5 years since going back after attempting to come and live here

garyp Nov 13th 2017 6:49 pm

Only speak for myself been back in UK 7 years and obtained 2 RRVs with a tourist visa inbetween. Not set foot in Australia since I left in 2010 but your son seems to have stronger ties than me with you there.

Boomer123 Nov 13th 2017 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by garyp (Post 12381257)
Only speak for myself been back in UK 7 years and obtained 2 RRVs with a tourist visa inbetween. Not set foot in Australia since I left in 2010 but your son seems to have stronger ties than me with you there.

Thanks it's good to know it's possible

BritInParis Nov 13th 2017 7:42 pm

There's only one way to find out for sure and that is to apply.