Which way to turn

Old Nov 8th 2017, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Boomer123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which way to turn

Hi guys this is a long post we don't know what to do.

So we came to Australia 10 years ago with 2 of our children whilst one stayed in the U.K. They are now adults.
To cut a long story short
Our 3rd child later came to join us but had a 12 month RRV visa and due to uncontrollable circumstances they stayed for 6 months then went back to uk. They have since visited us twice but using a holiday visa due to the RRV having lapsed and we were under the impression that the 12 month RRV was a last chance. We have just found out this was not correct information but now that they have had holiday visas the pr visa is cancelled but if we can persuade a case worker should we pursue this they might reinstate it.

Has anyone been successful?

How do we do this?

Any advice would be great thanks.

TIA
Old Nov 8th 2017, 11:37 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which way to turn

Originally Posted by Boomer123
Hi guys this is a long post we don't know what to do.

So we came to Australia 10 years ago with 2 of our children whilst one stayed in the U.K. They are now adults.
To cut a long story short
Our 3rd child later came to join us but had a 12 month RRV visa and due to uncontrollable circumstances they stayed for 6 months then went back to uk. They have since visited us twice but using a holiday visa due to the RRV having lapsed and we were under the impression that the 12 month RRV was a last chance. We have just found out this was not correct information but now that they have had holiday visas the pr visa is cancelled but if we can persuade a case worker should we pursue this they might reinstate it.

Has anyone been successful?

How do we do this?

Any advice would be great thanks.

TIA
I would be surprised if there's a way to reinstate it. In all honesty, I really think you need to consult a registered migration agent due to the complexity of the situation. I can recommend George Lombard. He's very good, in my opinion. I hope you can get it sorted.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 8:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

How long has this child been in the UK?
Old Nov 11th 2017, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I would be surprised if there's a way to reinstate it. In all honesty, I really think you need to consult a registered migration agent due to the complexity of the situation. I can recommend George Lombard. He's very good, in my opinion. I hope you can get it sorted.
Thanks
Old Nov 11th 2017, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
How long has this child been in the UK?
They are now an adult and have been in the U.K. for 5 years since going back after attempting to come and live here
Old Nov 13th 2017, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Only speak for myself been back in UK 7 years and obtained 2 RRVs with a tourist visa inbetween. Not set foot in Australia since I left in 2010 but your son seems to have stronger ties than me with you there.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by garyp
Only speak for myself been back in UK 7 years and obtained 2 RRVs with a tourist visa inbetween. Not set foot in Australia since I left in 2010 but your son seems to have stronger ties than me with you there.
Thanks it's good to know it's possible
Old Nov 13th 2017, 7:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

There's only one way to find out for sure and that is to apply.