Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Want to study hairdressing in perth then apply for pr whats the easiest way?

Want to study hairdressing in perth then apply for pr whats the easiest way?

Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

googy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Want to study hairdressing in perth then apply for pr whats the easiest way?

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Tony,

In fact it's very difficult to give precise advice about the onshore student to PR pathway at the moment since there are too many unexplained variables however the general view on the MIA forums seems to be that most TRA applicants will complete 12 months work experience during their studies or immediately afterwards as an extension of the current TRA 900 hours requirement in order to qualify directly and avoid the professional year extension. The group which will be affected most by the new arrangements will be the accountancy graduates.

Cheers,

George Lombard
George,

It looks as though hair dressing students will have to complete it after they receive their diploma etc
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...e_work-exp.pdf

claiming points for Australian work experience?
To be eligible to be awarded points for Australian work experience you must have been working at a skilled level. That means that work undertaken before you have completed your degree, diploma or trade qualification will not be considered unless you have other qualifications that meet the basic entry requirements in that field.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:17 am
AAA
Forum Regular

AAA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want to study hairdressing in perth then apply for pr whats the easiest way?

Hi Tony and George,

Thanks guys for the information its really appreciated.

Whats the MIA forums?

Also to let you guys know that my sister is an Australian Citizen and is willing to sponsor me and my partner and me and my partner are both under 29 so would that make a deference to needing 12 months work experience, or do you have to do the work experience irrelevant of the amount of points you can achieve.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AAA
Hi Tony and George,

Thanks guys for the information its really appreciated.

Whats the MIA forums?

Also to let you guys know that my sister is an Australian Citizen and is willing to sponsor me and my partner and me and my partner are both under 29 so would that make a deference to needing 12 months work experience, or do you have to do the work experience irrelevant of the amount of points you can achieve.

This was my point, not everyone will need to do the 12 months of Australian work experience for the extra 10 or 25 points that it will give - if you make the pass-mark without the extra 10 or 25, then you apply for one of the general skilled visas without applying for the graduate temporary visa. If you get TRA recognition after your course, you will only need the 15 points for English if sponsored by sister, so no need for IELTS.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 063589
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:15 am
AAA
Forum Regular

Thanks have to work out the points situation.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AAA
Thanks have to work out the points situation.

If you get approved by TRA, 60 points for skills, 05 points for Australian Study, 15 points for English - you need a total of 100 points without any points for being sponsored by the sister.

If you turn 30 before applying for the permanent visa, you will score 25 for age which takes you over the pass-mark without any need for:

IELTS Test
MODL points
Australian work experience points

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

ozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the rough

dear aaa

god u must be feeling i hope i can help u and put u straight.

i am here studying a 2 year circos cert 3 pivot point hairdressing courses that gives u 900 hrs salon work as well.

1: go to web page www.brishair.com.au
2: they have two branch's one in brisbane one in gold coast
3: course cost's 19,900.00 (could of changed as i started course in jan of this year) plus if u pay course fee's in one lump sum u will get 10% discount so will cost 17,910.00(could of changed see comment as above)
4: u will do 8 to 9 weeks in a class room from 9 to 4:30 (if u go for it do not take off any time in these weeks to important), once u have done this time u go into mannequin area and salon floor u will do your dolls heads when u do not have clients on the salon floor
5: when u have moved into the area as stated above u will go down to three days a week for the rest of the course from 8:30 to 5:00 with one theory day within the three days
6: so u can work your 20 hrs a week , once u get this put on your visa u can only do this once u have started college, once u go down to three days a week that's when u can work, i've got to say if u come over with your family (hubby) can only work 20 hrs as well this is because he is on your visa but listen to this here can work as many hours as here likes if here owns his own business (being self employed) or sub contractor which means changing to a different visa but work in these areas are hard and getting 20 hrs a week work is hard as well as most of them want u to be causal and causal to them is to be available when they need u if u can not do this they will not give u the job (very very difficult area please don't think it will be easy it's not i know)
7: when i was looking around i looked at tate as well they will not be able to give u what u need to get through the tra and hopeful get the big pr.
looked at all other states as well that done a good circos course in hairdressing cert three found sydney (cost something like 27,000.00 dollar no discount) and melbourne(cost something like 24,000.00 dollars when i was looking no discount) but both 2 year courses and i am afraid to say no courses in perth, darwin ,taz,or south australia
8: get your self a good agent mine was brilliant they have a huge department in student visa's go www.***************.com
9 : i have to tell u as of 1 sept 07 u will have to study for two year then work one year within the trade u have studied before u can get your pr and u have got to have done the 900 hrs salon experience which u will have if u go to the college that i go to

please reply if this has helped ozziegirl (please don't think i am being mean i am just being honest, i am a lovely person

ps i sold everything and came out me hubby and three kids in dec 06 and i started college in the jan 07 and have been very lucky as hubby managed to get sponsored in a job so he can now work full time so it can happen.
just remember living cost is the same as the uk because u will be living in dollar for dollar not pound to dollar so stop thinking that
1 child care fees cost a fair amount
2 u have to pay any school age children's school fee's until u get pr not cheap
3 u have to have medibank and not medicare as u are not pr so this does not include everything that u would get on medicare. u can add the extra cover on medibank at a mthly cost of 160.00
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:39 pm
AAA
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Ozziegirl, I will be going to Perth and have found it really hard to find a course, but I have found one on the CRICOS site and its right in Perth so will check that one out.

Glad to hear your situation worked out well with your OH getting a full time job.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:41 pm
AAA
Forum Regular

Ozziegirl who was the agent that you used, where they in UK or Aus?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Cathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant future

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I was wondering if Tony or George would be able to help me.

I am coming out to Oz on a Student Visa and have been looking through the immi guidelines for Sep 1. I have a sister that would be able to sponser me on completion as I may be short on points due to my age, I will be 36. I am studying a 60 point occupation, which is on the SOL not the MODL.

I was hoping I might be able to apply straight away for the PR visa but have I read it correctly that sponsorship points are only available if the sponsor lives in a designated area? My sister lives in Perth, I assume this is not a designated area.

I know I have the option to sit the english test and to apply for the graduate visa, but I thought the 886 visa would be what I could apply for and with points of 100 needed, I would have been able to.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yours confused
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:06 pm
AAA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cathy Makin
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I was wondering if Tony or George would be able to help me.

I am coming out to Oz on a Student Visa and have been looking through the immi guidelines for Sep 1. I have a sister that would be able to sponser me on completion as I may be short on points due to my age, I will be 36. I am studying a 60 point occupation, which is on the SOL not the MODL.

I was hoping I might be able to apply straight away for the PR visa but have I read it correctly that sponsorship points are only available if the sponsor lives in a designated area? My sister lives in Perth, I assume this is not a designated area.

I know I have the option to sit the english test and to apply for the graduate visa, but I thought the 886 visa would be what I could apply for and with points of 100 needed, I would have been able to.

Yours confused
Hi Cathy,

If your studing 60 point SOL for 2 years you get 5 points for the two year study and 20 points for your age and 15 points for english, thats 100 points, is that correct or am I adding the points up wrong?

By the way whats the difference between visas 176 and 886?

AAA
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yours confused
Hi Cathy

Yes you can apply if you get a successful TRA assessment after 2 years of study. You do not get points for sponsorship from relative in Perth but only need to score 100 in stead of the old 110. This you will do without need for IELTS.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:20 pm
AAA
Forum Regular

Tony your the man in the know, whats the difference between Visas 176 and 886.

AAA
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AAA
Tony your the man in the know, whats the difference between Visas 176 and 886.

AAA
The offshore skilled Australian sponsored visa 138 becomes the offshore skilled sponsored visa 176 from 1st September

The onshore skilled Australian sponsored student visa 881 becomes the onshore skilled sponsored visa 886 from 1st September

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Cathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant future

Im sorry I am still confused I thought if you had 100 points then you were able to apply for the family sponsorship visa (886), but if I don't get any points for my sister living in Perth then where does that leave me?

100 points is not enough for me to apply for a independent visa, you need 120 for that, I am missing something?

Regards

Cathy
X
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Im sorry I am still confused I thought if you had 100 points then you were able to apply for the family sponsorship visa (886), but if I don't get any points for my sister living in Perth then where does that leave me?

100 points is not enough for me to apply for a independent visa, you need 120 for that, I am missing something?

Regards

Cathy
X
The point you are missing, as it were, is that you will score the required 100 points for the 886 visa without needing any points for your sister living in Perth

Skills = 60
Age = 20
English = 15
Australian Qualification = 05
Sposnorship by relativ in Perth = big fat zero

Although you don't score any points for the sister, you still need an eligible relative to sponsor you to apply for the 886.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.