Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

acrewood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Originally Posted by yanchep
For all those people who have had their acknowledgment back from tra recently did they take the money out of your account already
Hi Yanchep
I just sent a cheque in australion dollars which i ordered from hfix.
Why?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Originally Posted by Higgins
Hello All

Newbie here - have been referring to this forum for months and found it so incredibly useful, thank you, and I've been touched by how supportive you all are for each other. Thought it was about time I registered now I have something to contribute!

Like so many on here, this TRA thing really had us worried and I wanted to share that we sent our TRA on 6/8/07 and received acknowledgement on 6/9/07. Against all the odds, we received our approval yesterday (15/9/07) through pathway D and it was dated 6/9/07.

I hope it all comes right for others here too.

Clare x
Hi Clare what occupation were you getting assessed by TRA ?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

sandhu1857 will become famous soon enoughsandhu1857 will become famous soon enough

well thanx for ur advice Mr George . So i think there is no other option than waiting ...........................
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Higgins
Hello All

Newbie here - have been referring to this forum for months and found it so incredibly useful, thank you, and I've been touched by how supportive you all are for each other. Thought it was about time I registered now I have something to contribute!

Like so many on here, this TRA thing really had us worried and I wanted to share that we sent our TRA on 6/8/07 and received acknowledgement on 6/9/07. Against all the odds, we received our approval yesterday (15/9/07) through pathway D and it was dated 6/9/07.

I hope it all comes right for others here too.

Clare x
Hi Clare,
That sounds more positive! Would you mind saying what occupation you applied for and if you had any qualifications, certificates etc? We are just about to send ours off.
Flix x
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Acrewood,

I was just wondering about the money bit because the tra say they have accepted us and taken the money and I was just panicking that maybe they might backtrack and send ours back with the money. Its just me having a blonde panic
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

jaason123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Originally Posted by gina and danny
i meant if you have done a apprentaship that has no qualification in uk ( on the job training)like locksmith, you fill in part 4 on the tra it only asks for the name of the registration assement authority(if applicable)
its the if applicable bit that caught my eye as you could fill part 4 in as apprentiship with the bosses details of who taught you then where it says qualification receved you fully trained and competent locksmith(fill in with your own occupation)

then when you attach the proof and details of successful apprentaship you attach a letter from your boss stating you did inhouse apprentaship on letterheaded paper detailing what the apprentaship entailed how many hours a week you did for etc.

then get anither letter from the same person stating that inhouse apprentaships have to be done by the employer as there is no formal qualificationa available to undertake in the uk.

i am gonna ring tra tonight and ask them so if anyone has the full telephone number inc dialling code i would like that as i always seem to get them wrong

well just waiting for someone to shoot me down from my high now as i have probably overlooked something major
Im new to this thank god i found this site , i like the way you think , do you think be stating in empolyeer refenence a in house apprentaship would work ? i like to here more on these view , in in sydney im also in shock ,i was about to put my assessment in.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

snwy is an unknown quantity at this point

we sent our tra off on the 17th was getting really worried about it getting sent back but agent informaed us after getting in touch with tra that ours was getting processed and should no in about ten days if we pass .good luck to everyone going through this
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

jaason123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all , I was so glad i found this site, my heads been spinning all day from the news of skilled path D being removed. I in sydney and really feel for you peps in uk. Ive been looking at ways to tranfeer over to skill b or c. i phone Tra there not saying much , Let just hope and pray there a change after the election. I do feel that with your assessments the more details the better , bog them down with paper work ! im gonna re-do mine and see what happens give them what they wan't to here. i did informal training and when i finish i had three cerficates and there questioning that. ive work for the same company for 9 years what do they want blood ?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,

My husband and i are planning to head to Melbourne on the 175 visa however I just noticed this thread on the TRA change. Does anyone know if it effects people in the IT industry?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ian444
Hi all,
A sad day by the sound of it,
My question is how do you know which skill pathway TRA are prossessing your application through, I don't have a full qualification in my trade but i do have training and went to college but only for 2 years instead of 4.
Please help.
Hello all,

Yes, the recent changes to the TRA assessment process are undoubtedly disheartening.

However, all is not lost. The TRA are still evaluating what can possibly be done to accomodate "Route D" applicants, and one possibility may be applying for an Australian qualification (from the UK), and then applying to the TRA.

You don't know for sure which route the TRA will assess you as, until you receive the assessment back. Normally you can predict this through the description of the various pathways.

Good luck to all of you,

Kathryn Bruinsma
Australian Visa Bureau
www.visabureau.com

Last edited by Kathryn44; Sep 17th 2007 at 5:21 pm. Reason: no signature
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mairead
Hi All,

My husband and i are planning to head to Melbourne on the 175 visa however I just noticed this thread on the TRA change. Does anyone know if it effects people in the IT industry?
Hi there,

Has the visa already been granted? Most IT occupations are assessed by the ACS, so the changes to the TRA should not affect you.

Kathryn Bruinsma
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi everyone
Just thought i would let you know got a positive result today from TRAskill pathway D so looks like we just scraped in. OH is a plasterer and it was dated 10th september. Acknowledgement was recvd 27th
August hope this helps anyone still waiting.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

nell71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acrewood
Hi everyone
Just thought i would let you know got a positive result today from TRAskill pathway D so looks like we just scraped in. OH is a plasterer and it was dated 10th september. Acknowledgement was recvd 27th
August hope this helps anyone still waiting.
ours was dated 28 august and sent back
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:54 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
Hi All,

It wont affect the IT industry as IT qualifications are assessed by the ACS, this only affects professions assesed by TRA.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Higgins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flixy
Hi Clare,
That sounds more positive! Would you mind saying what occupation you applied for and if you had any qualifications, certificates etc? We are just about to send ours off.
Flix x
Hi Flix and Acrewood

My husband applied as a printing machinist. He had an on the job apprenticeship of 3 years 20 years ago and had lost his certificate, as had his previous employer. He submitted statements from his employer at the time and all his employers up to (and excluding) his present one.

I hope all goes well - good luck and fingers crossed for you all.

Clare x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.