Studying Hairdressing with view to PR

Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Studying Hairdressing with view to PR

I'm sure they will find a way around it, even if they have to charge people more (either for the haircut or for the course) and pay the students minimum wage so it counts as a proper job. As you say, it is in their interest.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I'm sure they will find a way around it, even if they have to charge people more (either for the haircut or for the course) and pay the students minimum wage so it counts as a proper job. As you say, it is in their interest.
As far as I am aware as long as you are being paid for your sevices as a hairdresser (as in the GCSH) and you have 900 hours of paid service this is enough for the TRA
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by sambo76
As far as I am aware as long as you are being paid for your sevices as a hairdresser (as in the GCSH) and you have 900 hours of paid service this is enough for the TRA

Do you mean you are getting paid at the Gold Caost School of Hairdressing then?

I'm still contemplating enrolling there for March/april time, depends when we sell the house!

Been told that the GC is the better campus, what are your views?

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

tanbongtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm considering to enrol the hairdressing course either in brisbane or gold coast.... wondering where to start .......
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tanbongtee
Hi, I'm considering to enrol the hairdressing course either in brisbane or gold coast.... wondering where to start .......
http://www.brishair.com.au/
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:59 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

I Know many are focussed upon SE QLD, GC wetc. but the best Hairdressing College is Headmasters in Melbourne (Holmesglen TAFE send their students there also) Cheers Andrew
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Walk_About is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by balkanghost
I Know many are focussed upon SE QLD, GC wetc. but the best Hairdressing College is Headmasters in Melbourne (Holmesglen TAFE send their students there also) Cheers Andrew
What's the score with these colleges...??? You get TAFE colleges and these ones like Headmasters and Brisbane School of Hairdressing etc... are TAFE colleges govt / publicly funded institutions and these others private? I know the fees for BSOH and the like are about 17,000 AUD a year, what about the TAFE colleges - are they so expensive?
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

That is right.
TAFE prices though vary depending on where you are. Here in Adelaide when I last looked they seemed much higher.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Walk_About is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
That is right.
TAFE prices though vary depending on where you are. Here in Adelaide when I last looked they seemed much higher.
So are the prices comparable to the private institutions? Anyone know of a central web resource for TAFE colleges?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Walk_About
So are the prices comparable to the private institutions? Anyone know of a central web resource for TAFE colleges?
Have a search on the CRICOS website

http://cricos.deewr.gov.au/?Redirect=Y
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

I couldn't find anything central for TAFE. The states seem to run independently.
The prices in Adelaide, when I looked at least, were more expensive at TAFE than at private places. But other TAFEs were much cheaper. No idea why.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:48 am
Just Joined

tanbongtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Is it cheaper to study in hairdressing sunshine coast since the 900 hrs on job training not considered paid wage for TRA? pls advise thanks