Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013/14 threads

State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013/14 threads

Old May 13th 2013, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State sponsored but want to live elsewhere - 2013 threads

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
Bermudashorts. I think I am talking abt the state sponsorship. Not the 475 or rsms. Anyway the new rules have changed all lumped in 190 with bonus point
Well you posted after a discussion about the provisional visa, which is also "state sponsored". So perhaps you should take the time to read threads properly.
Old May 13th 2013, 8:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The point made by one other reader perfectly explain my point. As for us mod and others who hold the moral part. I think the data gathered by the state need to be improved.

For example aircraft engineers are demand in Victorian state list. But there is no job in that state but Western Australia don't have it in their list but companies are crying.

Now should you hold te moral thing or the in competent state or both
I don't know who you are addressing your question to, but for my part if I made4 an undertaking to a State that if they sponsored me I would live and work in that State, then I would stick to the moral obligation. If after a reasonable length of time - such as approaching a year - I had not managed to find ANY employment then I might consider approaching the State and asking tobe released from that obligation.
I would not just move, nor would I do what an increasing number of posters seem to be doing - plan to live and work in a totally different State before even getting the visa.
Old May 13th 2013, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

gossage is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are people being so judgemental towards others? As it is the system (at least for the 190 visa) allows people to live anywhere in Australia. It is up to them what they do and if they choose not to live in the sponsoring state doesn't mean they have no morals. People have a choice and ultimately do what is right for them at the time.

We have established the answer to the question in relation to the 190 is you can live anywhere and surely that is all that needs to be said rather than attacking the morals of folks.

Just my opinion though but those of you who are so extremely high on the moral high ground please feel free to carry on attacking and judging.
Old May 13th 2013, 12:07 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gossage
Why are people being so judgemental towards others? As it is the system (at least for the 190 visa) allows people to live anywhere in Australia. It is up to them what they do and if they choose not to live in the sponsoring state doesn't mean they have no morals. People have a choice and ultimately do what is right for them at the time.

We have established the answer to the question in relation to the 190 is you can live anywhere and surely that is all that needs to be said rather than attacking the morals of folks.

Just my opinion though but those of you who are so extremely high on the moral high ground please feel free to carry on attacking and judging.
There is no moral high ground where I'm concerned, I view it as the same as the temp Spouse - there is a commitment which should be fulfilled in order to get PR.
As I've said I don't have an issue with people moving if they TRY to fulfill their obligation, and if they can't, discuss it with DIAC & the State before moving.

The 190 allows one to live permanently in Australia, wherever one likes, BUT
as per the Immi website
:

Conditions and obligations for holders of visa subclass 190

This information explains what is required of you (and your accompanying dependent family members) after you are granted a permanent Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190).
Enter Australia

If you are outside Australia when this visa is granted, the department will specify the date by which you must enter Australia.
Fulfil employment obligations

There are some obligations that states or territories will require you to meet. These include that you:

stay in that state or territory that nominated you for at least two years

keep the state or territory informed of any changes to your address
complete surveys and provide information when asked.

Entitlements

This visa allows you and your accompanying family members to:

live and work permanently in Australia
study in Australia
enrol in Medicare, Australia?s scheme for health-related care and expenses
access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
apply for Australian citizenship (subject to residency criteria)
sponsor relatives for permanent residence.
Old May 13th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

if they choose not to live in the sponsoring state doesn't mean they have no morals.
But it does mean they need to be prepared to lie, if people are applying for state sponsorship with no intention of living in the state. For example, the WA state sponsorship first page states that state sponsorship requires you to "commit to living and working in Western Australia for two years upon arrival". Most people, myself included, would conclude that someone who is prepared to lie and quite possibly to take a visa from someone else that is prepared to comply with their commitment has no morals or at the least, questionable morals.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

Louie I will gladly will do it. If the states are so stupid in collecting job information from the market. A software engineer who is not on one state list but they have lot of demand for that skill in that state. So he will be tend to lie and get it from other state and work in e state where the skill is needed but its not on list of that state.

So figure out yourself. Pollyanna apologies not intend to towards you. Like Pollyana said you can ask for release or you don't need to sweat about it. Just do what's best for you. Grabbing a place of some one is how the world works. Didn't you see in Cyprus even the banks can rob what is ours of course with blessing of the law.

The morals are dead. It's jungle out there fittest wil survive. I will gladly take a bankers place at any time if the seat is available or jump around the hoofs. That's how those guys get there in the first place. Almost most CEO how many times got their golf buddies into their companies as their side kicks.

Don't cut the hand of bread thief who try to get his family going. Leave the fat cats to law which they defend with billions rewriting the rules of the law.never heard of lobbyist?
Old May 13th 2013, 3:13 pm
Home and Happy

Louie I will gladly will do it. If the states are so stupid in collecting job information from the market. A software engineer who is not on one state list but they have lot of demand for that skill in that state. So he will be tend to lie and get it from other state and work in e state where the skill is needed but its not on list of that state.

So figure out yourself. Pollyanna apologies not intend to towards you. Like Pollyana said you can ask for release or you don't need to sweat about it. Just do what's best for you. Grabbing a place of some one is how the world works. Didn't you see in Cyprus even the banks can rob what is ours of course with blessing of the law.

The morals are dead. It's jungle out there fittest wil survive. I will gladly take a bankers place at any time if the seat is available or jump around the hoofs. That's how those guys get there in the first place. Almost most CEO how many times got their golf buddies into their companies as their side kicks.

Don't cut the hand of bread thief who try to get his family going. Leave the fat cats to law which they defend with billions rewriting the rules of the law.never heard of lobbyist?
Fortunately not everyone's morals are dead. Its quite possibly to be honest and uphold basic morals while still making a good life for oneself. And lets face it, its two years out of the rest of one's life, a small price to pay for what many people refer to as the "privelege"of living in Australia.
Old May 13th 2013, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Two years is a small amount of time in one's life time but when you factor moving kids from UK to said state and then move them again, that can be horrific for the kids. I would put the welfare of my children above being 'moral' and living in the sponsoring state (if I chose to do this). And if that made me a person lacking in morals so be it. Would rather be a good mother and think of my babies personally.
Old May 13th 2013, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Two years is a small amount of time in one's life time but when you factor moving kids from UK to said state and then move them again, that can be horrific for the kids. I would put the welfare of my children above being 'moral' and living in the sponsoring state (if I chose to do this). And if that made me a person lacking in morals so be it. Would rather be a good mother and think of my babies personally.
But again, that is your choice. Dont accept a visa for a State you dont want to live in and you wont have to put your kids theough it. I also think 'horrific' is an over exaggeration. Kids adapt very well to moving around. I know hundreds of families that move every few years dur to their occupation and don't consider them bad parents!
Old May 14th 2013, 12:34 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

And what if you can't find employment in your desired state.. or you hate it when you get there? Would you uproot your "babies" then? Kids adjust to all kinds of changes - the biggest one is going to be taking them to Australia in the first place.

Jeez, some people come up with the most bizarre reasons to justify their lack of morals.
Old May 14th 2013, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

I very seldom come on this forum because each time I do I see people being attacked for various reasons.

I have never encountered such hateful people.

You have no right to judge me as having no morals. You know nothing about me or my morals. And are moral not subjective rather than objective??? So just because somebody's don't match yours doesn't mean they don't have any.

The words ignorant and bigot spring to mind!!!!

Plus I have never actually said that I wasn't going to live in the sponsoring state. I was trying to be objective and non-judgemental in response to a question that was asked. Some of you should try it, I am sure folks will find it far more useful that the vitriol so many of you freely and readily spout. Shameful.

Last edited by gossage; May 14th 2013 at 10:16 am.
Old May 14th 2013, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am not one of those people that had an idyllic childhood, in fact I had a fairly tough one in many ways. But one thing I am immensely grateful for, is that my parents taught me right from wrong. To not cheat or lie even if it is an easier option that offers more personal gain. Don't under estimate it. Integrity means something.

Oh and purleeze spare us the "don't judge me" bleating .... it is a tired and very transparent way of trying to deflect your own personal short-comings. So is declaring that it is "shameful" that people might suggest others stick to the agreement they signed up for. Really how can that possibly be "shameful", you are talking rubbish.

And the only vitriol on this thread is from you.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; May 14th 2013 at 11:05 am.
Old May 14th 2013, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

I said dont judge me as having no morals because I do not know what you are basing that on. I am not one of the folks who has said they are going to another state. What I have said is I have no issue with people who do and can understand why they do. So basically I do not judge those who make this decision. They do what they think is right for them at the time.

It is also not very nice to judge people who you do not know. You are a truly horrid little person who is now accussing me of personal short comings. Crazy as what is it you think you know of me????

The top and bottom of it is - people can do what they want to do. If the Australian government have an issue with it then they can easily do something about it. But it is nothing to do with any of you people on here, all folks have asked is can they do it. Answer is yes you can for a 190 anyway. End of!!! They didn't ask your opinion if you agree with it or for their morals to be attacked.

But I will not be entering into any further discussion on this matter with such judgemental nasty people.
Old May 14th 2013, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

Bermuda. I just answered to the post they can move to another state which will not affect their future with RRV r citizenship.end of the story. So good that your parents did all those thing. You don't need to trumpet out as if you are exception.waste of my time with these kinda people. My post ends here as I answered e OP post. So you can continue your scare monger ing. You can show your integrity on the street if you can plug the loop hole. I can show you the integrity to higher level before your parents generation British didnt steal entire wealth of Asia in the name of east India company. May be your grandparents should have some passes down the line
Old May 14th 2013, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Bermuda. I just answered to the post they can move to another state which will not affect their future with RRV r citizenship.end of the story. So good that your parents did all those thing. You don't need to trumpet out as if you are exception.waste of my time with these kinda people. My post ends here as I answered e OP post. So you can continue your scare monger ing. You can show your integrity on the street if you can plug the loop hole. I can show you the integrity to higher level before your parents generation British didnt steal entire wealth of Asia in the name of east India company. May be your grandparents should have some passes down the line
true!

thanks for summarising this for us!

Last edited by parlex; May 14th 2013 at 3:27 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.