PhD skill assessment vetassess

Old Jul 24th 2016, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

TAussie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PhD skill assessment vetassess

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone with a PhD who got his skills assessment by vetassess?
I was paid during my PhD and can claim it as work experience. However, I wonder if I should also enter it in the education section.

When I called vetassess, they could not answer my question, therefore they told me to submit my PhD in the education and employment section.

I am just asking because my previous experience in the VISA process made me paranoid.

Thanks,
Old Jul 24th 2016, 12:39 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PhD skill assessment vetassess

Originally Posted by TAussie
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone with a PhD who got his skills assessment by vetassess?
I was paid during my PhD and can claim it as work experience. However, I wonder if I should also enter it in the education section.

When I called vetassess, they could not answer my question, therefore they told me to submit my PhD in the education and employment section.

I am just asking because my previous experience in the VISA process made me paranoid.

Thanks,
VISA is a credit card. DIBP assess visa applications.

Not sure what your previous issues were but why would you ask for advice from Vetassess and then ignore it? You say they didn't answer your question but told you to include it as education and experience?

Vetassess will assess you to see if you meet the requirements of education and experience to be deemed skilled. They can also give you their assessment of how many years of skilled experience you have if you pay for this, but at the end of the day DIBP will decide your experience.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 1:02 am
Just Joined

I called twice and both times the person I was talking to did not know the answer to the question. As a result, they told me to "just put it in both categories".

I did not plan to ignore the advice, I just do not trust it. Over time I received too often false information by administrations.

As I could not find anyone on the forum who had issues with this, I guess I am paranoid.

Thank you for pointing the wrong capitalisation of VISA. Over the last months, I was consistently doing this mistake.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 4:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TAussie
I called twice and both times the person I was talking to did not know the answer to the question. As a result, they told me to "just put it in both categories".

I did not plan to ignore the advice, I just do not trust it. Over time I received too often false information by administrations.

As I could not find anyone on the forum who had issues with this, I guess I am paranoid.

Thank you for pointing the wrong capitalisation of VISA. Over the last months, I was consistently doing this mistake.
The only other thing you could try is sending Vetassess an email, but if you include the PhD in both sections, and it does not meet the requirements in that section, it will still be evaluated in the other (if that makes sense) which is probably why it was suggested.

For sure though, if you do not include it, it will not be assessed.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the explanation.