Moving to Australia to be a midwife

Old Jan 13th 2016, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

aussiedreaming is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Australia to be a midwife

Hello, I'm new here so appologise if this is in the wrong place.

I'm due to graduate from university in the uk as a midwife in November and its my goal to move to Australia asap and work as a midwife. I've heard that you need to have some experience etc after qualifying (which I'm happy to get) and was looking for any advice from people who have moved to work as midwives in Aus. I know I'm at the early stages of organising but just wanted some info to get the ball rolling.

Any help is appreciated!!
Old Jan 15th 2016, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Australia to be a midwife

Hi and Welcome to BE.

I have moved this to the immi forum for you. Hopefully you will get the answers you require soon.

There is also the nursing forum which may help here:

Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations - British Expats

Good luck.
Old Jan 15th 2016, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedreaming
Hello, I'm new here so appologise if this is in the wrong place.

I'm due to graduate from university in the uk as a midwife in November and its my goal to move to Australia asap and work as a midwife. I've heard that you need to have some experience etc after qualifying (which I'm happy to get) and was looking for any advice from people who have moved to work as midwives in Aus. I know I'm at the early stages of organising but just wanted some info to get the ball rolling.

Any help is appreciated!!
What kind of advice are you looking for? Visa, working, living? The visa process follows the same key steps no matter what occupation so you don't necessarily need midwives to help with that, but obviously they can help with work related matters. But the more specific you can be with questions the more we can try to help.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 10:56 am
Just Joined

aussiedreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm only 21 and will be 22 when I graduate so I'm not sure how much experience I'll need, what wages will be like or what tyoe of visa I will be needing. I've been looking online for a while and have read about needing to get a sponser to work as a midwife and can only work after so much in the uk. I'm only at the early stages but the process is appearing to be a tad confusing lol!

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 25th 2016, 1:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedreaming
I'm only 21 and will be 22 when I graduate so I'm not sure how much experience I'll need, what wages will be like or what tyoe of visa I will be needing. I've been looking online for a while and have read about needing to get a sponser to work as a midwife and can only work after so much in the uk. I'm only at the early stages but the process is appearing to be a tad confusing lol!

Thanks for your help
Hi, welcome to BE!

Have a look through our Nursing forum Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations - British Expats as I think we have had a few midwives posting in there (beware, its an international forum, so make sure you read the Aussie threads!). Most importantly you need to check out the rules for registering with AHPRA.

As regards the visa - start here - Longer than a visit