Latest Skill Select Round

Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:08 am
Just Joined

braz kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Latest Skill Select Round

Hi there,

Wanted to use the extensive knowledge of those on here to help give advice on my current understanding of what I can see on Skill Select.

I made an EOI on the 28th of August for the Management Accountant occupation - 221112, with 65 points.
Imagine my joy to see a couple of weeks later that the minimum being used had gone up to 70!

In the latest round (03/02/2016) I noticed that the ceiling for Accountants (2211) had dropped to 65 points and the Visa date of effect was 30 August 2015.

As I applied before the Visa date but haven't received an invitation, does that mean I've been excluded or overlooked?
Or does it mean that I'm still in the queue for a future round?

Am really confused by all this and could use some help to understand where I stand in all this!

Many thanks,
Braz Kiwi
Old Feb 11th 2016, 10:42 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest Skill Select Round

Is there any chance you've had a birthday between 30 Aug 2015 and 3 Feb 2016 that would cause you to lose age points?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Another idea. I note that the 28th was a Friday so when it was 28th in Brazil perhaps it was 29th in Australia which is a weekend so maybe your EOI is deemed to be dated the next working day, which would have been the 31st. Just a thought, I don't know.

It is all automated so you shouldn't have been missed, I would maybe see if you get invitation next time round and if you don't then see if there is some way to follow up.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
Is there any chance you've had a birthday between 30 Aug 2015 and 3 Feb 2016 that would cause you to lose age points?
Thanks for the response msmyrtle. My birthday is at the end of May so I don't think that should have changed anything. I'll be 45 at the next birthday so am really hoping to get the invitation before then or Sponsorship will be the only way!
Old Feb 11th 2016, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Another idea. I note that the 28th was a Friday so when it was 28th in Brazil perhaps it was 29th in Australia which is a weekend so maybe your EOI is deemed to be dated the next working day, which would have been the 31st. Just a thought, I don't know.

It is all automated so you shouldn't have been missed, I would maybe see if you get invitation next time round and if you don't then see if there is some way to follow up.
Thanks very much for the reply Bermudashorts.
I looked back again at the details of my submission and saw that the date was actually 22/08/2015, and as I'm actually already in Australia made the application from here. That was a Saturday but surely that would only mean that it would have started on the 24/08/2015?

I have seen on a few other forums (Poms in OZ?) that others have commented on this, so hopefully I'm not the only one and I'll get picked up in the next round, but it would be nice to be able to contact them to know why I wasn't invited this time
Old Feb 11th 2016, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Not sure if anyone with better knowledge of how Skill Select etc works may know but thought I'd include the details of the summary I get on my EOI submission in case this may have some information?

Visa Type Description: Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent)
Date of effect: 22/08/2015
Result: The EOI for this subclass is able to be completed. The client's claims equal 65 points
Action: (blank)
Old Feb 11th 2016, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Ferrets is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't worry - looks like there are typos and error son the disrespect update, fingers crossed you get your invite on the 17th
Old Feb 12th 2016, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ferrets
I wouldn't worry - looks like there are typos and error son the disrespect update, fingers crossed you get your invite on the 17th
Thanks Ferrets. I just had a look on the Skill Select website and the date has been changed to 3rd of August and not the 30th.... So as you say it looks like there were some typos
Old Mar 30th 2016, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

blue_bird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Could anyone tell me how many rounds of invitation everyone waited until received invitation to apply for visa? Both subclasses 189 and 190.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blue_bird
Hello,

Could anyone tell me how many rounds of invitation everyone waited until received invitation to apply for visa? Both subclasses 189 and 190.
I don't think the 190 comes in rounds like the 189. If you check the latest skillselect results you can see what the date of EOI was, which effectively tells you how log people wait.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

blue_bird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I don't think the 190 comes in rounds like the 189. If you check the latest skillselect results you can see what the date of EOI was, which effectively tells you how log people wait.
Thanks