Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Student Visa to Spouse Visa working conditions

Student Visa to Spouse Visa working conditions

Old Mar 31st 2016, 2:47 am
Just Joined

arifliminto86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Visa to Spouse Visa working conditions

Hi Guys,
Just wondering I have my friend who is at the moment is Student VISA (572 visa), and she is planning to get married after she finish her study so will apply spouse visa.

She has been informed by her agent when she apply spouse visa. The minimum time period for Temporary Spouse Visa is between 12 - 18 months. so between that time period, she will be granted a bridging visa.

The thing that confuse her is her working conditions when she is under Bridging visa. is her working conditions will be under student visa (which is max 20 hours) or she can work more than 20 hours under this bridging visa
Old Mar 31st 2016, 7:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa to Spouse Visa working conditions

Originally Posted by arifliminto86
Hi Guys,
Just wondering I have my friend who is at the moment is Student VISA (572 visa), and she is planning to get married after she finish her study so will apply spouse visa.

She has been informed by her agent when she apply spouse visa. The minimum time period for Temporary Spouse Visa is between 12 - 18 months. so between that time period, she will be granted a bridging visa.

The thing that confuse her is her working conditions when she is under Bridging visa. is her working conditions will be under student visa (which is max 20 hours) or she can work more than 20 hours under this bridging visa
What did her agent say?
Old Mar 31st 2016, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

I can ONLY speak from my own experience but the bridging visa that was in place whilst my spouse visa was being considered for fifteen months had no work or study restrictions whatsoever.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoCalDon
I can ONLY speak from my own experience but the bridging visa that was in place whilst my spouse visa was being considered for fifteen months had no work or study restrictions whatsoever.
Thats correct. Once her student visa expires and she goes onto the bridging visa she has full working rights - its specifically for Spouse Visas.