189 Processing Time Increase

Old Aug 27th 2017, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jacko86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 189 Processing Time Increase

Originally Posted by lam351444
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream

75 per cent of applications processed in 11 Months..............
Yep. 4 months to 11 in the space of a few weeks! They really must be busy or making changes.

Still had no contact from a CO or a change in status on immiaccount. Police checks and medicals done though.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 3:19 am
Just Joined

lam351444 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jacko86
Yep. 4 months to 11 in the space of a few weeks! They really must be busy or making changes.

Still had no contact from a CO or a change in status on immiaccount. Police checks and medicals done though.
Yes,Jacko, the processing times have increased significantly...and seem to be getting longer and longer...

Hopefully, your visa will be granted very soon...
Old Sep 1st 2017, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Dmorgan07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jacko86

Seeing the processing time increase was hard to take for us too. Nearly finished gathering all my info for an eoi, went on to the website and was left feeling a bit disappointed. I had the same query too- why the big increase?

Does anyone believe it is at all possible that different skilled jobs get processed differently/quicker, or is it simply when they get to your case in the queue? Currently, only 6 people have been given a 189 visa for my occupation and the ceiling is 2600+something.

A bit of good news though I got 9's and an 8 in my ielts test so I am pleased with that!
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 5:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dmorgan07
Seeing the processing time increase was hard to take for us too. Nearly finished gathering all my info for an eoi, went on to the website and was left feeling a bit disappointed. I had the same query too- why the big increase?

Does anyone believe it is at all possible that different skilled jobs get processed differently/quicker, or is it simply when they get to your case in the queue? Currently, only 6 people have been given a 189 visa for my occupation and the ceiling is 2600+something.

A bit of good news though I got 9's and an 8 in my ielts test so I am pleased with that!
Applications are allocated to CO's in order they are received, and you should be able to check this on the DIBP site. Complete cases process quicker, as you would expect, and they do not reject applications without cause - failed medical for example. As stated on website - some cases process quicker. If you only have 1 employer for example it is easier to conduct employment checks than if you have 20. I think it is plausible that low risk countries will process quicker that higher risk, and this used to be stated.

Anyway, good luck with the application. At least once you have applied you will be in the queue
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Dmorgan07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Applications are allocated to CO's in order they are received, and you should be able to check this on the DIBP site. Complete cases process quicker, as you would expect, and they do not reject applications without cause - failed medical for example. As stated on website - some cases process quicker. If you only have 1 employer for example it is easier to conduct employment checks than if you have 20. I think it is plausible that low risk countries will process quicker that higher risk, and this used to be stated.

Anyway, good luck with the application. At least once you have applied you will be in the queue
That makes sense I suppose, thank you. I guess it is just a waiting game...
Old Sep 18th 2017, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

lam351444 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got an update from the DIBP website, 75 % of applications of visa 189 processed in 7 months.... kinda good news as the time has shortened...
Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2017, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jacko86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lam351444
I just got an update from the DIBP website, 75 % of applications of visa 189 processed in 7 months.... kinda good news as the time has shortened...
Good luck
Really good news. There have been an avalanche of grants in the last two weeks so it should go down even more next month