WHV processing times?

Old Feb 11th 2016, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

JoeJK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHV processing times?

Hey all, I just have a question about applying for a working holiday visa for NZ.

I turn 31 in June, so I'm planning on applying for a 12 month visa for Australia and 23 month one for NZ at the same time, with the intention of ending up in NZ and going for residency, but spending as much time as I can of that 12 months that I have to activate the NZ visa, to be living and working in Oz for a bit.

Obviously to get the maximum amount of time in Oz first, I need to leave the NZ one as late as possible before I apply for it, so I'm just wondering what the normal processing times are for it now. Is it a matter of weeks? Months? For example if it took one month to process the NZ visa, I could apply for it in May, go to Oz in June, then have 10-11 months in Oz before I moved to NZ and had to activate that visa.

Does this make sense? Is it possible to push it that late?

Thanks for any advice

Joe
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHV processing times?

Assume you have seen you need a medical certificate and maybe even xray to apply for the 23 month nz visa so that will take some time to set up. Plus you only allowed to work 12 months of the 23 months in NZ.United Kingdom Working Holiday Scheme Its an online application so could be days or could be longer with the medical no set time

Last edited by PB65; Feb 11th 2016 at 6:02 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PB65
Assume you have seen you need a medical certificate and maybe even xray to apply for the 23 month nz visa so that will take some time to set up. Plus you only allowed to work 12 months of the 23 months in NZ.United Kingdom Working Holiday Scheme Its an online application so could be days or good be longer with the medical no set time
Yeah I did see that actually.

It's really my intention to get permanent residency there so I assumed just going for the 23 months anyway would give the most leeway for finding work etc. and working towards that. I may have misinterpreted it but my intention was to go there on the 23 month visa to give myself the most time to find an employer and then work on residency from there. Is it the normal way to go about it to go for residency from a working holiday visa or have I misunderstood it and there's actually another way I should be going about this?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:49 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

are you likely to get a WTR visa? what are you skill sets please?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: WHV processing times?

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
are you likely to get a WTR visa? what are you skill sets please?
Photography is my main career path but I'm also going to be aiming to get qualified as a ski instructor for winters, ideally.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

So looking ahead to PR have you validated your job skills, qualifications and done a rough points check with assumptions on the NZ immigration site ? With some more info in this area might get some more forum feedback on options . Best guess turnaround on WHV online is a week but with a medical might be longer, this info only from googling by way. Given you so close to being 31 would not leave too close to June in case any issues.

Last edited by PB65; Feb 12th 2016 at 5:47 am.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 7:48 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

both those are on the skills list so I thinnk you would need an accredited employer to offer you work before you can apply for a more permanent visa.