proof of employment history

Old Nov 4th 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold
Default proof of employment history

Anyone any advice please.....

when I eventually have an ITA to fill in I'll need to prove up to about 10 years previous employment history...

problem is that I can only prove the last 7 years...the previous 3 was for a business who still exist but my manager moved on ages ago (am still in touch though).

Any thoughts anyone??

Thanks!
Lydia
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of employment history

A letter on company headed paper that states you were employed from DATE to DATE is enough.

I submitted a letter with exactly that for one of my old employers.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:57 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Uk employment? If so then you can request a history of NI payments from HMRC...
Old Nov 6th 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

Thanks,

have requested NI details online. Will then get in touch with previous employers when i have dates to work from for their input.

Onwards and upwards!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Have all the NI paperwork, but have been advised as it doesnt state what you did at that company (you could have been making the tea) that it doesnt count???
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:40 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
Have all the NI paperwork, but have been advised as it doesnt state what you did at that company (you could have been making the tea) that it doesnt count???
Could you clarify advised by whom and doesnt count for what?
Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Advised by an immigration agent that it doesnt count towards points for length of relevant work experience i.e. specific job as it only shows you worked at a specific company not what you did there and if you are claiming points say on the LTSS because it only shows that you worked there you cant claim points unless you have a letter on letter heading from that company stating how long you worked there and what you did.

Last edited by ellenarosemary; Nov 13th 2010 at 10:07 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:33 am
It is what it is Member

Advised by an immigration agent that it doesnt count towards points for length of relevant work experience i.e. specific job as it only shows you worked at a specific company not what you did there and if you are claiming points say on the LTSS because it only shows that you worked there you cant claim points unless you have a letter on letter heading from that company stating how long you worked there and what you did.
Indeed but in combination with an offer letter or contract NZIS have been known to find that quite acceptable. Both of these methods are useful if for instance the employer in question no longer exists.
Old May 13th 2011, 11:02 am
Just Joined

snaily75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 4pommes
Thanks,

have requested NI details online. Will then get in touch with previous employers when i have dates to work from for their input.

Onwards and upwards!
Hi Sorry - realise this is an old post but how do you go this?? I cant find out how to do it online

Thanks!
Old May 13th 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I actually telephoned and asked, then you had to write in to the address which they gave. They did charge, cant remember how much, but not loads and you got every NI contribution paid (by year) with the company name (but not address) from when you first started work. Hope this helps.
Old May 13th 2011, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

snaily75 is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually telephoned and asked, then you had to write in to the address which they gave. They did charge, cant remember how much, but not loads and you got every NI contribution paid (by year) with the company name (but not address) from when you first started work. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that - I have 12 years experience and 5 out of the 6 companies have been bought, merged or no longer exist. It' very common of the industry I work in so proving my experience could be difficult!