British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   proof of employment history (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/proof-employment-history-692249/)

4pommes Nov 4th 2010 8:04 pm

proof of employment history

Anyone any advice please.....

when I eventually have an ITA to fill in I'll need to prove up to about 10 years previous employment history...

problem is that I can only prove the last 7 years...the previous 3 was for a business who still exist but my manager moved on ages ago (am still in touch though).

Any thoughts anyone??:confused:

Thanks!
Lydia

LukeandJo Nov 4th 2010 9:25 pm

Re: proof of employment history

A letter on company headed paper that states you were employed from DATE to DATE is enough.

I submitted a letter with exactly that for one of my old employers.

simonsi Nov 5th 2010 1:57 am

Uk employment? If so then you can request a history of NI payments from HMRC...

4pommes Nov 6th 2010 11:32 am

Thanks,

have requested NI details online. Will then get in touch with previous employers when i have dates to work from for their input.

Onwards and upwards!

ellenarosemary Nov 13th 2010 7:21 pm

Have all the NI paperwork, but have been advised as it doesnt state what you did at that company (you could have been making the tea) that it doesnt count???

simonsi Nov 13th 2010 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary (Post 8979652)
Have all the NI paperwork, but have been advised as it doesnt state what you did at that company (you could have been making the tea) that it doesnt count???

Could you clarify advised by whom and doesnt count for what?

ellenarosemary Nov 13th 2010 10:04 pm

Advised by an immigration agent that it doesnt count towards points for length of relevant work experience i.e. specific job as it only shows you worked at a specific company not what you did there and if you are claiming points say on the LTSS because it only shows that you worked there you cant claim points unless you have a letter on letter heading from that company stating how long you worked there and what you did.

simonsi Nov 14th 2010 5:33 am

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary (Post 8979863)
Advised by an immigration agent that it doesnt count towards points for length of relevant work experience i.e. specific job as it only shows you worked at a specific company not what you did there and if you are claiming points say on the LTSS because it only shows that you worked there you cant claim points unless you have a letter on letter heading from that company stating how long you worked there and what you did.

Indeed but in combination with an offer letter or contract NZIS have been known to find that quite acceptable. Both of these methods are useful if for instance the employer in question no longer exists.

snaily75 May 13th 2011 11:02 am

Originally Posted by 4pommes (Post 8965212)
Thanks,

have requested NI details online. Will then get in touch with previous employers when i have dates to work from for their input.

Onwards and upwards!

Hi Sorry - realise this is an old post but how do you go this?? I cant find out how to do it online

Thanks!

ellenarosemary May 13th 2011 12:02 pm

I actually telephoned and asked, then you had to write in to the address which they gave. They did charge, cant remember how much, but not loads and you got every NI contribution paid (by year) with the company name (but not address) from when you first started work. Hope this helps.

snaily75 May 13th 2011 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary (Post 9361934)
I actually telephoned and asked, then you had to write in to the address which they gave. They did charge, cant remember how much, but not loads and you got every NI contribution paid (by year) with the company name (but not address) from when you first started work. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that - I have 12 years experience and 5 out of the 6 companies have been bought, merged or no longer exist. It' very common of the industry I work in so proving my experience could be difficult!