NZQA for teachers - Documents needed?

Old Jun 27th 2010, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZQA for teachers - Documents needed?

Thanks for the info Phil!
I've checked out the website, thought they might only do Auckland, but they have a section for Hawkes Bay, which is where I'm heading, so I think I'll register with them. Makes me feel a bit better than the thought of knocking door to door!

Have you found it really different to teaching in the UK?

Thanks again. Zoe
Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice

The curriculum is very different and so much more laid back over here. No trying to get in 11 subjects per week. My school has 700 kids and their whole morning is based on literacy, reading, writing and phonics as well as spending alot of time working on their "oral language" (sharing news, turn taking, eye contact, etc) and then in the afternoon they do about 30 minutes of numeracy and then some topic work...I am finding it hard relaxing and teaching the "kiwi" way!!! Just come over and enjoy it.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by philfunuk
The curriculum is very different and so much more laid back over here. No trying to get in 11 subjects per week. My school has 700 kids and their whole morning is based on literacy, reading, writing and phonics as well as spending alot of time working on their "oral language" (sharing news, turn taking, eye contact, etc) and then in the afternoon they do about 30 minutes of numeracy and then some topic work...I am finding it hard relaxing and teaching the "kiwi" way!!! Just come over and enjoy it.
I think I'm in training to teach the 'Kiwi' way at the moment!!

What did you have to give the recruitment people? I haven't registered with the teaching registery yet, so I think I need to do that next... Maybe i should just concentrate on moving house first....
Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:44 am
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice

The recruitment people need pretty much the same as the NZQA plus a copy of your visa permit (when you get it). The best thing to do is to get in touch with them directly and see where it takes you.

Speak to Emily Hill in Randstad, Melanie Inglis in Education Personnel and or Helen Murtagh in Oasis Education. These people are brilliant and they keep in touch with you at every step of the way. If you are planning on getting over to Hastings / Napier I would also suggest getting in touch with EVERY school directly and say that you would be available for supply work when you know what is going on. I had some fantastic responses from many Headteachers and gave some good pointers for your CV etc.

If you want to know any more, private message me and we can have a chat

Good luck with everything

Phil