NZQA for teachers - Documents needed?

Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Little-miss-80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZQA for teachers - Documents needed?

Hello all,

I am getting together my documents for stage one of the process. I have:

GCSE certificates
BTEC National Diploma certificate and transcript
Degree certificate and transcript
PGCE certificate
PGCE transcript (I have emailed uni for a copy - Can not find mine)

English (I have emailed uni for a letter to state my degree was in English)
Passport (I will get a certified copy)
Birth certificate

My QTS certificate with my teaching reference number
My TDA letter with my TDA registration number

Is this everything I need or am I missing something? It does say something about an employment record... What does it mean by this? A CV?

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZQA for teachers - Documents needed?

Hi,
For the NZQA I sent in my GSCE certificates, A-levels certificates, my degree certificate and transcript and PGCE certificate and transcript. I also sent my birth certificate. If you have always studied on UK you won't need evidence about that. I emailed a man from NZQA about the work experience and he said you don't really need that until you apply for jobs.
If you have eorked for a few schools in the same authority, then they can write a letter for you.
Hope that helps!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. I am just filling in the online assessment form and its all gone well apart from a few things...

1) Where do I enter my college quals? (BTEC National Diploma in Computing) My old college is not coming up on the search
2) Is Division/Class - 1st Class Honours etc? If so what is Grade point average?
3) What do I put for my PGCE because there is no grade or class so do I write Pass and where?

4) Can I say what my work experince is yet not provide evidence? I don't want to 'let on' at work yet until after I pass this stage so asking for a reference will be a little difficult.

Thanks again

Last edited by Little-miss-80; Jun 7th 2010 at 9:31 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little-miss-80
Thanks for the reply. I am just filling in the online assessment form and its all gone well apart from a few things...

1) Where do I enter my college quals? (BTEC National Diploma in Computing) My old college is not coming up on the search
2) Is Division/Class - 1st Class Honours etc? If so what is Grade point average?
3) What do I put for my PGCE because there is no grade or class so do I write Pass and where?

4) Can I say what my work experince is yet not provide evidence? I don't want to 'let on' at work yet until after I pass this stage so asking for a reference will be a little difficult.

Thanks again
You can get a record of employment from your County Council Offices (sorry presuming you in state not private sector) and your school don't need to know anything. Good luck
Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

I put my degree in as my qualification to be assessed, and then you can add another, so that's where I put my PGCE. I don't think I put my class of degree, I just think I left it blank.
My alevels went in the school education bit, so I think that's where you would put your Btec.
I've just checked my application details and I also sent in a copy of my contract for experience details.
Sorry I can't be more specific, I have the memory of a goldfish!

I emailed them and they got back to me really quickly and they were really helpful, so if this makes no sense, that would be my next step!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both,

I have updated my online app and put my college BTEC on. I have found my contract and it pretty much says everything on there (including dates) so I will send that off and keep my fingers crossed

I got two emails back today saying that two letters are on the way to say my education was in English etc (I think I only needed the PGCE one but asked for my degree one anyway) ready for applying for the registering to teach in NZ (Next stage but now sorted)

The only problem I am now having is the transcript because the person who got back to me about that one wasn't sure if/how I get one... She's going to ask around

If I can't get a transcript as such can I supply a letter stating the modules, teaching hours etc from my teacher training?

Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

If you studied in England, then you don't need the letter to say that it was taught in English. I didn't and it was no problem at all.

You should be able to get a transcript by contacting your admin department from college/university.
You will only need to get the transcripts for your degree and PGCE.

It seems more complicated than it is, I thought they would come back and ask me for loads more info, but they didn't and it was all relatively simple.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Zoe

I have my degree transcript and hopefully this time next week my PGCE one so I can get the ball rolling
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Good luck!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hows everything going?
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi Zoe... Its going SLOW!!

I have still not received my PGCE transcript

My online form is filled out ready to go and the money is in the bank but I need the last piece. I emailed uni again today to remind them so hopefully I should hear back on Monday or Tuesday

Old Jun 26th 2010, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

I hate the bit when you are just waiting, but get used to it, cos you'll do it quite a bit during the whole process!!!

I've now got to the stage where I'm trying to sort out my classroom, packing pencils from childrens hands...
Old Jun 26th 2010, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

I got an email this morning from my university tutor saying she will chase it up on Monday so fingers crossed I will get it late next week.

Have you got a job lined up for when you arrive? What do you teach?

Old Jun 26th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

I thought I would try to supply and get a feel for schools when I first get there and then try to get somewhere in the new term. Hope that plan works! I don't think I could cope with end of year stuff, packing, leaving and applying for jobs at the same time!
I teach primary, year 3. Best job in the world (except for reports!)
Old Jun 26th 2010, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice

Hi Zoe

I just thought I would drop you a quick line about your certs and stuff. I am a Year 1 teacher in Auckland and have only been in the country 5 weeks and there are plenty of jobs around if you want them. I got in touch with a fantastic woman called Melanie Inglis from Education Personnel who places overseas trained teachers into NZ schools. Get in touch with her if you fancy teaching in Auckland because you can pretty much guarantee a job at the end of it! Her email address is [email protected] and she is lovely!

In terms of the paperwork for NZQA I gave MORE than I should have. I actually emailed my PGCE tutor and said could she write a letter to say that I was a student between such and such a date. I hassled my uni for the transcript every day for a week until it came to my door! I got an email copy through aswell...and I hassled most other people until they just gave up and did it quickly

Good luck with everything Zoe. Drop me a line if you want to know anything else.

Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.