Moving to NZ with a Silver Fern Job VISA

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Lorysnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to NZ with a Silver Fern Job VISA

Hi everyone!
I got one of the Silver Fern VISA this year (yyeaaahh!!!) and I will relocate to NZ at the end of November since my first entry in the country must be by Decemebr 4th. Does anyone of you know if it is necessary to do some other actions to "activate" your VISA before or once you land or, eg, at the airport they'll just put a stamp with the date of your arrival in NZ and that's it (to prove you've entered in NZ before the date they required you to)?

And has anybody of you find easily a whatever job before the one in your field (as requested in the requirements of the sfv)?

Thanks!!!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Upset13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to NZ with a Silver Fern Job VISA

Originally Posted by Lorysnow
Hi everyone!
I got one of the Silver Fern VISA this year (yyeaaahh!!!) and I will relocate to NZ at the end of November since my first entry in the country must be by Decemebr 4th. Does anyone of you know if it is necessary to do some other actions to "activate" your VISA before or once you land or, eg, at the airport they'll just put a stamp with the date of your arrival in NZ and that's it (to prove you've entered in NZ before the date they required you to)?

And has anybody of you find easily a whatever job before the one in your field (as requested in the requirements of the sfv)?

Thanks!!!
hi mate

how things are going for you in nz? found a job yet? i'm planning to move to auckland late january. my first arrival date is 10 feb 2013. btw with sfv you can work for any employer in any field you like not specifically in your area of expertise.

good luck mate

razvan
Old Dec 5th 2012, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Upset13
hi mate

how things are going for you in nz? found a job yet? i'm planning to move to auckland late january. my first arrival date is 10 feb 2013. btw with sfv you can work for any employer in any field you like not specifically in your area of expertise.

good luck mate

razvan
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i35162.htm

pls see op manual wl.2.25b
Old Dec 6th 2012, 4:16 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Upset13
Lot of digging to show his statement was right??? Is that what you intended or is there further insight?
Old Dec 6th 2012, 4:54 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorysnow
Hi everyone!

Thanks!!!
HI there and welcome to the forum.

I see that you've already got some useful replies so I'll leave you with it.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonsi
Lot of digging to show his statement was right??? Is that what you intended or is there further insight?
sorry about that mate. this is what I intended to post.

WL2.25 Currency and conditions of Silver Fern Job Search visas

A work visa and entry permission granted under the Silver Fern Job Search instructions will have the following conditions:
first entry to New Zealand must be made within 6 months of the visa being granted; and
the visa will allow work and multiple entries to New Zealand for 9 months from first arrival.
Silver Fern Job Search visas will allow the applicant to work for any employer in any occupation in New Zealand.

this info is shown under temporary entry class visa/work visas/WL Silver Fern Work Instructions/WL2 Silver Fern Job Search/WL2.25 Currency And Conditions Of Silver Fern Job Search Visas

have a nice day!