Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Hi good luck with the interview !! our ita is lodged 31st oct so hopefuly not long to wait until co assigned to us. I'm currently in NZ visiting my sister and its lovely !! so now all the more eager to move here. I'm finding it realy difficult to obtain a job offer they all want evidence I'm legaly entitled to work here, until i recieve notification of residency they dont seem interested .
Fingers crossed for everyone, hope it wont be much longer x
Old Feb 9th 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

Hey, that last post about if you've not got a job offer, NZI would give you WTR rather than PR. Is this true?

Ive heard some good news that the design industry isn't seeing a slow down in business so that's a god sign that there might be work near to when we hear anything about a telephone interview.

Reading the NZ news the economy doesn't sound too bad over there
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jack1971
We submitted our ITA 20th October, allocated a case officer the end of January and have now got the date of our settlement telephone interview for the 12th Feb (could have been a week sooner but I wanted to prepare).
Jackie
Best of luck for the 12th Jackie. Let us know how it goes.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sjake
Best of luck for the 12th Jackie. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for that, I am starting to feel really nervous, I have doe all my home work though so fingers crossed.
Jackie
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,

Just read this on NZIS: -

'Once the pre-populated application form is returned to the London branch it should be allocated to a visa officer within four months. As an example, for the week ending 20 February 2009 we are allocating files lodged up to and including 19 November 2008.'

So any further updates anyone?

As we didn't lodge until 4th Feb don't anticipate hearing anything until end April/beg. May but keen to know how everyone else is doing.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

No news here yet, but checking my email almost hourly now....lol Good luck to everyone !!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anniiee
No news here yet, but checking my email almost hourly now....lol
Is it worth an e-mail to NZ house as I noticed that you say earlier that you lodged 31st Oct & on the website it says that they are allocating files to 20th Nov??!! It may save the nails!! Best of luck.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Believe me I would love to, but too scared of coming across as impatient lol don't want to upset the apple cart at this stage
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

Hey, the first contact you have with NZIS is by email, right? If by phone then I'm going to have to get my answer machine working.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anniiee
Hi,

Believe me I would love to, but too scared of coming across as impatient lol don't want to upset the apple cart at this stage
Understandable, but I believe that Jackie (aka Jack1971) had ITA lodged 20th October, has had her interview & been granted PR approx. 2 weeks ago.

I'd be surprised if they held it against you for enquiring, what with the status of others on here, and also the dates that they are quoting on the website. I think that you are being extremely patient - I'd have caved in by now - but that's me. Hopefully you will hear something very soon - fingers & toes are crossed for you.

Karma coming your way for being so patient.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

am I right in thinking that 'allocation' just means that you've been allocated a case officer.

But it doesn't mean you should have been contacted already?

My understanding of it is that once a case officer has your file they still have to review it and assess it etc etc so it might take a few more weeks til you hear any news.

maybe no news is good news and you should get contacted when they are ready to do your interview.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by grahamwookie
Hey, the first contact you have with NZIS is by email, right? If by phone then I'm going to have to get my answer machine working.
I thought that it was by e-mail, but I am sure someone will come along shortly and confirm.

Last edited by sjake; Feb 25th 2009 at 5:24 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by getmethere
am I right in thinking that 'allocation' just means that you've been allocated a case officer.

But it doesn't mean you should have been contacted already?

My understanding of it is that once a case officer has your file they still have to review it and assess it etc etc so it might take a few more weeks til you hear any news.
I thought that you also got notified who your case officer was, or is that not the case, maybe someone could clarify!?!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

oo... we have a case officer... our interview is friday

cor

crossing everything!

anyone else any news?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sjake
I thought that it was by e-mail, but I am sure someone will come along shortly and confirm.
we got a phone call, not email

sorry have quoted wrong message, but hope that makes sense!

Last edited by Stoof; Mar 11th 2009 at 1:25 pm. Reason: tried to explain i was a numpty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.