British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-selections-2nd-july-anyone-any-news-yet-549567/)

Stoof Jul 17th 2008 11:45 am

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

i know a load of us got selected on 2nd july - not heard anything else yet and just wondered if anyone else has?!

(we did get the letter confirming selection yesterday, which was nice....):)

Flan Jul 17th 2008 3:40 pm

Re: EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

We got selected on 2nd July and no news yet! Keep checking for status updates but nothing yet!! Almost landed a job offer yesterday so might excitement levels were off the radar!! But when I requested part time - have a 6 month old baby - they said they would have to wait until September to consider. Darn it!!! So it's back to waiting patiently :(

getmethere Jul 17th 2008 5:15 pm

Us too - nothing except the letter saying we'd been selected.
I have also been checking my status on website even though I know it's too soon (no job offer here). Nail biting stuff really isn't it.

Should we be doing anything at this stage? I'm not doing meds/police checks etc until we are sure we're getting ITA. Have done NZQA though, that's the only thing.

Flan Jul 17th 2008 5:26 pm

I did NZQA before we submitted our EOI and have just done police checks (they last for 6 months) - we are spreading the cost of things!!

I also downloaded the guide on how to complete the official immigration application from NZIS website - that tells you all the evidence that you require for the ITA, that way you can start collecting the free things whilst you wait!

Not sure if we should be doing anything else?! Just waiting I expect! ;)

Water Lily Jul 17th 2008 6:18 pm

Flan, you sound like me, really organised and wanting to get everything ready in advance, anyone would think you're in a hurry to leave the UK or something :D ;)

Applying for the police certificates is always a good idea, as they can take a little while and they've valid for 6 months anyway. If you have lived in another country for more than 12 months I think it is you will need a certificate from that country too, this will probably take longer.

It's best not to have the medicals done until you've received your ITA, as you know they're only valid for 3 months, but most importantly they cost a small fortune so you wouldn't want to pay twice!! Might be a good idea to start finding out what clinic you have near you and ask for quotes though.

If you have any concerns about your BMI / waist measurement I would start working on that NOW as they are quite strict on this so losing some weight now could help avoid disappointment.....

What else... if you need your qualifications assessed by NZQA better do that now too as I hear it can take a while too. Same applies if you have any documents that need translating into English. Language ability, if any of you need to prove it (if English not first language), it might be worth taking the IELTS exam.

Proof of relationship... you can start gathering those documents now, dig up some old pictures, maybe get some friends/family members to write letters for you, all this costs nothing but will save some time and will keep you entertained whilst you wait.... :)

Work references if you have claimed points for experience, again this could take some time if people don't get back to you too quickly, so it could be worth sending some letters soon. They need to specify dates, position and if it was full time or part time (no. hours per week). For current job we sent in the offer letter and first and last payslips.

Can't think of anything else, but this should keep you busy for a while :D

Good luck everyone!!! :thumbsup:

nic.gem.soph Jul 17th 2008 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 6580449)
i know a load of us got selected on 2nd july - not heard anything else yet and just wondered if anyone else has?!

(we did get the letter confirming selection yesterday, which was nice....):)

Hi, we got selected 4th June and are still waiting to hear, sorry for the bad news. We received the letter as well and nothing since..... :( keep checking the site online with fingers crossed but....

Nic

Flan Jul 17th 2008 6:43 pm

[QUOTE=Water Lily;6582042]Flan, you sound like me, really organised and wanting to get everything ready in advance, anyone would think you're in a hurry to leave the UK or something :D ;)

He he he!! I know, just trying to get everything sorted at our end to minimise any delays!

Getmethere - Here is the link for the guide that tells you how to fill in the ITA. If you read through the guide it lists all evidence required...

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...F05/0/1105.pdf

... happy collecting! :p

getmethere Jul 17th 2008 8:14 pm

Cool, thanks guys.
You are all putting me to shame - I feel seriously lacking in the organisation stakes. Must make a list - time to get cracking!!:eek: So much to do.

j19fmm Jul 17th 2008 8:20 pm

Brilliant link thanks Flan :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beetrooper Jul 18th 2008 8:24 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 6582558)
Brilliant link thanks Flan :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like nic.gem.soph we also got selected on the 4th June but still keep checking the website as to any news, it is now 7 weeks so hopfully we should here something soon.

getmethere Jul 31st 2008 2:07 pm

I'm fed up waiting and checking the website every day! Anyone heard anything yet?

Yes, I know it's only been a month - but it doesn't stop you from hoping that yours will magically be the EOI that is quicker.

Flan Jul 31st 2008 2:49 pm

No not heard anything either :( BUT my OH just got a job offer today - werhoooooooo! :lol: So will inform NZIS as soon as we have all the paperwork sorted out, then hopefully things will start moving! :thumbsup:
Lets hope everything moves quickly for us all :)

j19fmm Jul 31st 2008 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Flan (Post 6632029)
No not heard anything either :( BUT my OH just got a job offer today - werhoooooooo! :lol: So will inform NZIS as soon as we have all the paperwork sorted out, then hopefully things will start moving! :thumbsup:
Lets hope everything moves quickly for us all :)

Congratulations!!:):)

What job he landed then??

Flan Jul 31st 2008 3:47 pm

Thank you :D
Job is communications and PR officer for Greenpeace in Auckland! Although still not got paperwork etc so trying not to get too excited! Then I think I'll look for a teaching job when Im there.

j19fmm Jul 31st 2008 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Flan (Post 6632252)
Thank you :D
Job is communications and PR officer for Greenpeace in Auckland! Although still not got paperwork etc so trying not to get too excited! Then I think I'll look for a teaching job when Im there.

Sounds great, think you did well on your Quals assessment. Spoke to them in Welly last night - fast track assessments are 2 weeks behind and normal ones 3 weeks behind! Mine hasn't even appeared on their system yet :frown:
So if the job pans out, what part of Auckland you reckon to head for?