Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is it worth sending additional educational documents?

Is it worth sending additional educational documents?

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:22 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it worth sending additional educational documents?

Hi Folks,

So I sent my documentation and requested the relevant bodies in the UK to send the transcripts to WES. After repeated phone calls and communications with WES they issued my report just with secondary education not taking into account my post secondary education.

I do not have the time to mess around with WES, so can I send my ECA report with a covering note and my other certificates explaining that WES have not after repeated requests bothered to evaluate this education?

Or am I best sending the WES report, it still gets me points and save any issues with my application being sent back.

Not sure what to do for the best?

Thanks

Mike
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:52 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it worth sending additional educational documents?

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Hi Folks,

So I sent my documentation and requested the relevant bodies in the UK to send the transcripts to WES. After repeated phone calls and communications with WES they issued my report just with secondary education not taking into account my post secondary education.

I do not have the time to mess around with WES, so can I send my ECA report with a covering note and my other certificates explaining that WES have not after repeated requests bothered to evaluate this education?

Or am I best sending the WES report, it still gets me points and save any issues with my application being sent back.

Not sure what to do for the best?

Thanks

Mike
Do you need the post-secondary education points to apply, to qualify or for your job?

If you do, I would suggest contacting the relevant authorities in the UK and making sure that they actually sent the transcripts etc., to WES. If they did and WES hasn't given you any evaluation of them I would contact WES and ask again for them to do so - you have paid for this service, after all.

CIC won't take any certificates into consideration unless they have been authenticated and evaluated by WES or one of the other official bodies that CIC accept.

Sorry Mike, I can't remember which stream you are applying under
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:19 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

The transcripts were sent to WES, their excuse is they considered some of the qualifications to professional learning and then when I asked about other education through City and Guilds I was advised they couldn't get anything done over the phone and to email. I put all the qualifications on the WES application and sent copies of everything to their office. They proceeded to ignore my emails and calls and only took into account my secondary school education.

So I spent a small fortune paying them and paying the relevant bodies in the UK.

It's taken long enough to get what I have got from WES, my work permit ends in October so I need to get my FSW2 app off this month. I'm pushing it as it is without having to mess around with WES any further.

Would have liked more points but should have enough with everything else, so when I put on the various forms of the application what education I have do I put just secondary and also put less years for education and just put in my secondary education?

I did some professional exams can I include them?

Last edited by Mikeypm; Apr 2nd 2014 at 5:25 am. Reason: iPhone and fat fingers
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if its any help to you or not but I used ICAS (http://www.icascanada.ca/default.aspx) and they converted everything for me including courses I didnt complete - they have an express service which gets you everything back much quicker, costs alot more but if you need it, it may be worth it.

Im not too familiar with the application you are doing but if its anything like any of the other immigration applications its better to include everything, not doing so could impact the time it takes to complete it.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:10 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exenglishman
Not sure if its any help to you or not but I used ICAS (http://www.icascanada.ca/default.aspx) and they converted everything for me including courses I didnt complete - they have an express service which gets you everything back much quicker, costs alot more but if you need it, it may be worth it.

Im not too familiar with the application you are doing but if its anything like any of the other immigration applications its better to include everything, not doing so could impact the time it takes to complete it.
I've never used ICAS personally but they are based on the office building I work in...and the company I work for helps them with their website. They seem to be nice enough folks so it might be worth a shot for the original poster.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:19 pm

Thanks exenglishman and orly, the issue is I need PER and a new work permit before my current work permit runs out. I do not have the time spare to go through another company. I really don't have the cash spare to spend another £400-£500 on getting transcripts and paying ICAS fees when I have the application fees to pay.

Think I will just need to go with what I have

It's been a lot of work and wasted money really
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:47 pm

Case in point in a last ditch attempt to get WES to pull their finger out I tried calling them this morning. 30 mins later still haven't gotten to speak to anyone
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:28 pm

Eventually got hold of someone and was basically fobbed off to send yet another enquiry through there website contact page. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was refused and again referred back to the contact page on their website
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:48 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to remind them that they're "designated" by the Minister for Citizenship and Immigration, and that you'll be contacting his office to relay details of your experience...
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Eventually got hold of someone and was basically fobbed off to send yet another enquiry through there website contact page. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was refused and again referred back to the contact page on their website
Send them a complaint by fax and ask them to re-evaluate your documents.
WES is one of the very few evaluation services which has a “free” appeal process. For questions about your evaluation report, please write to (always state your WES Reference Number):

Manager of Evaluation
World Education Services
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M5B 1J3
Fax: 416-972-9004
You could also make a complaint to the Minister of Consumer Affairs, the BBB and the Minister for Immigration http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm.../alexander.asp
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 3:40 am

Thanks Orly and Siouxie