Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 11th 2016, 4:52 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

My understanding, and I don't know for certain, is that the work permit was valid for one year from when you activate it, but no guarantees you'd be able to extend it beyond the one year.
Old May 11th 2016, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
My understanding, and I don't know for certain, is that the work permit was valid for one year from when you activate it, but no guarantees you'd be able to extend it beyond the one year.
Correct. The pilot was extended and work permits issued during any time frame were issued for one year. CIC would decide if extensions via CPC Vegreville would be allowed as it was supposed to be only a 1 yr pilot. My guess it will keep being extended until they come up with something else.
Old May 12th 2016, 12:18 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Correct. The pilot was extended and work permits issued during any time frame were issued for one year. CIC would decide if extensions via CPC Vegreville would be allowed as it was supposed to be only a 1 yr pilot. My guess it will keep being extended until they come up with something else.
Good to know - thanks for that info FL - much appreciated.

Old May 12th 2016, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Received request for two passport photos today. As we enter the 10th month of waiting, wonder if this is the light at the end of the tunnel???
Old May 12th 2016, 3:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by williamceri
Received request for two passport photos today. As we enter the 10th month of waiting, wonder if this is the light at the end of the tunnel???
I'd say it's a pretty good chance that this is towards the end of the road. I'm hesitant to call it DM since you didn't get a passport request as well, but usually asking for new photos is a sign they are ready to issue COPR. I'll update for now as just a request for extra docs, but keep an eye on ECAS and the post potentially for COPR. Fingers crossed!
Old May 12th 2016, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Gommsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent off my passport copy and photos to London on may 5. Nothing through the post as yet but the portal is now showing Decision Made.
Old May 12th 2016, 6:15 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Gommsta
Sent off my passport copy and photos to London on may 5. Nothing through the post as yet but the portal is now showing Decision Made.
Awesome, updated!
Old May 12th 2016, 7:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Was it just a request for photos or was it for a photocopy of your passport as well?

Just asking as on CIC website it says that photos are normally requested within the passport request.

Procedures for finalizing approved applications
The ‘Passport Request’ letter, therefore, includes a request for hard copy photos. Applicants are instructed to mail these photos to CIC.
Old May 12th 2016, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Was it just a request for photos or was it for a photocopy of your passport as well?

Just asking as on CIC website it says that photos are normally requested within the passport request.

Procedures for finalizing approved applications
The ‘Passport Request’ letter, therefore, includes a request for hard copy photos. Applicants are instructed to mail these photos to CIC.

Siouxie -

They just asked for two photos "in order for us to finalise the application", and gave an email address where to find the specifications required. No mention of passport or copy.

The euphoria died down a little when we realised there was no mention of passport, but as this is the first we have heard from the LVO since Sept/Oct last year, we will remain hopeful that something more positive will happen very soon!
Old May 12th 2016, 11:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie -

They just asked for two photos "in order for us to finalise the application", and gave an email address where to find the specifications required. No mention of passport or copy.

The euphoria died down a little when we realised there was no mention of passport, but as this is the first we have heard from the LVO since Sept/Oct last year, we will remain hopeful that something more positive will happen very soon!
They didn't used to request a passport as a copy was included with the application and there wasn't a 'stamp' put in your passport (if you were visa exempt), it was just the COPR that was sent to you which was all you needed to land.

Wouldn't it be nice if they did that again!

Old May 13th 2016, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You may not get a passport request. The COPR may just turn up. Not definitely, but sometimes that happens.

S
Old May 13th 2016, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

ECAS now shows "Decision Made", and having received the request for passport photos yesterday, feel reasonably confident that our long wait may be over.
Old May 13th 2016, 12:42 pm
Concierge

ECAS now shows "Decision Made", and having received the request for passport photos yesterday, feel reasonably confident that our long wait may be over.
Yep I'd say this is the point of cautious optimism! Of course you never know 100% until you have your COPR in hand, but it's HIGHLY unlikely they'd reject you without contacting you with information about what's 'wrong' in your file. So, congrats! Spreadsheet updated! Don't forget to post back when you get COPR and in the meantime review the wiki article on landing.
Old May 14th 2016, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Gommsta is an unknown quantity at this point

COPR arrived in the post today! I have until 2nd of September to land.

That went waaaay quicker than I thought. Thanks to you all for your help and advice.

I now need to start reading up on the landing process. Work commitments mean it'll be in on one flight and out the next day I think!
Old May 14th 2016, 10:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Gommsta
COPR arrived in the post today! I have until 2nd of September to land.

That went waaaay quicker than I thought. Thanks to you all for your help and advice.

I now need to start reading up on the landing process. Work commitments mean it'll be in on one flight and out the next day I think!

Woohoooo!

Congrats!

You might find this useful: Landing as PR-Canada : British Expat Wiki (lots of links to posts about landing procedure and experiences)

Category:Moving Logistics-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.