Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:27 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Added! That was pleasantly quick, congrats! Let us know when you receive COPR!
Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:36 am
Just Joined

Jelly_baby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Added! That was pleasantly quick, congrats! Let us know when you receive COPR!
Thanks! I definitely will do.
Again, very impressed by the spreadsheet, assuming its done by a consultant?!
Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:42 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jelly_baby
Thanks! I definitely will do.
Again, very impressed by the spreadsheet, assuming its done by a consultant?!
Nope, it was started by someone over at CanadaVisa awhile back, and has passed around to various owners since then. I took over as owner about 3 years ago or so, and andrew-brit came on to help a year or so ago and has done a ton to help improve the spreadsheet in terms of tekkiness. THe two of us along with PrincessTigger are the current managers/editors, though editors come and go with time. Just a hobby that we do, we all benefitted from it and like to pay it forward!
Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Jelly_baby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Nope, it was started by someone over at CanadaVisa awhile back, and has passed around to various owners since then. I took over as owner about 3 years ago or so, and andrew-brit came on to help a year or so ago and has done a ton to help improve the spreadsheet in terms of tekkiness. THe two of us along with PrincessTigger are the current managers/editors, though editors come and go with time. Just a hobby that we do, we all benefitted from it and like to pay it forward!
WOW even better then! Amazing work and thank you to all you guys for maintaining and improving it. Never seen a better example of helping people out and paying forward. Hats off to all of you
Old Mar 16th 2016, 11:01 am
Just Joined

d1ffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just a quick update on where my application is.

my PRAS application changed to "in process" on the 3rd of February, and "medical results have been received"

I received an email from the Ottawa CPC on the 10th of march requesting the payment for the RPRF (I didn't know this was a separate payment!!!). I made the payment and replied that day.

Looks like the Ottawa applications are processing quickly (fingers crossed).

D1ffer
Old Mar 16th 2016, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

Hi all.

Received my COPR in the post today ran around a bit like a small child.

Can I clarify something that's slightly confusing;

- Your COPR is valid for a year from your medical results or when your passport expires (whichever is soonest) - I had my medicals completed June 2015 - however my COPR states my medicals are valid until Feb 2017??

- I have a conditional PR as we have been married for one year, together for 3 in total. It states that we need to cohabit CONTINUOUSLY for 2 years FROM THE DAY that my PR is activated in Canada. Does anyone know if this makes me exempt from making a trip in April to activate my PR but head back to the UK to sort all my things out such as job and possessions and move back over in Dec or so 2016?

So unbelievably happy but just need to make sure Thanks so much for everyone's help in the entire process - you've been incredible.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had an email from CIC requesting the following documents...

"RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada.
Stat Dec of Common-Law IMM5409: A signed and completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form (IMM 5409) bearing original signatures.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the email address indicated below."

I guess this means I can scan and send the Stat Dec via email?

So happy! I wasn't expecting anything this quick

Last edited by LHaywood1; Mar 17th 2016 at 6:42 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 2:01 am
Just Joined

Gommsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Would like to join in on the journey.

Wife Canadian, I am British. Location Glasgow, UK.

Application details:
Marriage
Application received 03 February 2016
Starting procession 14 March 2016
Sponsor Approved 17 March 2016

It has now been sent to Ottawa office for processing.

Thanks.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 8:42 am
Just Joined

dunno is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Just (belatedly) checked our email and we now have a decision made -- and an email asking for my partner to send in his passport. The date of the email is 15/03.
Can you please update the spreadsheet?

and thanks!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 19th 2016 at 10:55 am. Reason: Posts merged - there's an edit button you can use if you think of something you want to add just after posting, HTH.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 9:16 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by LHaywood1
Just had an email from CIC requesting the following documents...

"RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada.
Stat Dec of Common-Law IMM5409: A signed and completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form (IMM 5409) bearing original signatures.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the email address indicated below."

I guess this means I can scan and send the Stat Dec via email?

So happy! I wasn't expecting anything this quick
Unless it specifically says to mail it in you should be fine to do it by email. If you are concerned send a paper copy as well and include a note saying you've also sent by email... but the instructions should be clear.

Originally Posted by Gommsta
Hi folks,

Would like to join in on the journey.

Wife Canadian, I am British. Location Glasgow, UK.

Application details:
Marriage
Application received 03 February 2016
Starting procession 14 March 2016
Sponsor Approved 17 March 2016

It has now been sent to Ottawa office for processing.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by dunno
Hi there,
Just (belatedly) checked our email and we now have a decision made -- and an email asking for my partner to send in his passport. The date of the email is 15/03.
Can you please update the spreadsheet?

and thanks!
Both updated! dunno, congrats!
Old Mar 20th 2016, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

Hi

COPR was received weds 16th march! Can you updated please
Old Mar 20th 2016, 1:17 am
Concierge

Updated, congrats! Happy landing! Be sure to read the wiki article on landing, it's really helpful.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for everything! Will be landing in December was gonna make a trip to activate in April but I've been granted conditional PR so I need to wait until later this year

So excited )
Old Mar 20th 2016, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Odd_Bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Thought I'd let you know how we're getting on, so my details can be added to the spreadsheet.

My/our application was received by CIC on 2016/02/04, and we were notified of my wife's approval as a sponsor in a letter dated March 18, 2016. The application has been assigned to the London office.

My part is still "Application Received" on ECAS, but it looks like the earliest that would be updated is Tuesday anyway.

Cheers,

Dan
Old Mar 20th 2016, 6:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkxpunch
Thank you so much for everything! Will be landing in December was gonna make a trip to activate in April but I've been granted conditional PR so I need to wait until later this year

So excited )
Congrats!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.