Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Oh dear, I was hoping to pop on here and read ALL good news. sorry Caleo and MDunny. what awful situations. I hope that it all gets sorted quickly for both of you. Cowgirl!!! congrats to you. now Im trying not to take it to personally that I sent mine a day or two before you did, but hey

mine still says the same "medical results received" and thats all!

Had a bit of a horror last week on another thread where I realized my husband probably should have got a police check for Germany (he was based there in the Army 10 years ago) we just assumed he was still a UK resident. so we have applied for that (BEFORE they ask us for it!).

Question, we are going to have to change our address. Im leaving for Canada tomorrow morning and hubby will be staying with his mom until this application business works out. so we were going to send an email to do that, but should we wait until the German Police check comes and just write a letter or would 2 items at once just confuse things?!

anyhoo, good luck everyone
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mdunny
i hope they find them caleo.. fingers crossed for you. let us know what happens anyway.

just an update on my case, i found out last pm that CIC London has been missing a part of my application that my 'immigration consultant' neglected to send them. he also neglected to tell me this and so i have been checking my email everyday for the past 2 months hoping to see a PP request and have been disapointed everyday. how could they progress my app when they are missing some of it?! i pretty much had to drag this fact out of the consultant and got a pretty weak apology. Not that an apology does much for me anyway. so its back to waiting for me... this time with no idea how much longer.
Oh no!!! Thats awful! I would be fuming! they charge enough as it is, they should not be making basic errors. Fingers crossed when they get the info they will process them quickly - along with mine
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VW092906
Oh dear, I was hoping to pop on here and read ALL good news. sorry Caleo and MDunny. what awful situations. I hope that it all gets sorted quickly for both of you. Cowgirl!!! congrats to you. now Im trying not to take it to personally that I sent mine a day or two before you did, but hey

Had a bit of a horror last week on another thread where I realized my husband probably should have got a police check for Germany (he was based there in the Army 10 years ago) we just assumed he was still a UK resident. so we have applied for that (BEFORE they ask us for it!).

Question, we are going to have to change our address. Im leaving for Canada tomorrow morning and hubby will be staying with his mom until this application business works out. so we were going to send an email to do that, but should we wait until the German Police check comes and just write a letter or would 2 items at once just confuse things?!

Oh dear - I bet they will want the police check - so best that you are prepared! I would let them know about the change of address straight away - don't want your PPR to go astray (if they decide they don't need the police cert) or even the letter requesting the police cert! How long do they take to come through?

All the best for a safe journey home for you - lets hope your separation is short lived!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by caleo
Oh dear - I bet they will want the police check - so best that you are prepared! I would let them know about the change of address straight away - don't want your PPR to go astray (if they decide they don't need the police cert) or even the letter requesting the police cert! How long do they take to come through?

All the best for a safe journey home for you - lets hope your separation is short lived!
Thanks Caleo,
I think Germany only takes 7 days! we sent it off on Monday.

Ya I was thinking we should change his address now, even though he doesnt go to his moms until mid to late March.

V
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Originally Posted by VW092906

cheers VW... it seems that few people get through this process without some drama! hopefully you got all yours out of the way at the beginning!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Oh no!!! Thats awful! I would be fuming! they charge enough as it is, they should not be making basic errors. Fingers crossed when they get the info they will process them quickly - along with mine
oh yeah totally agree... hindsight is everything but if i was to do this again, id stay away from immigration consultants.

at least i know now that CIC London has all my docs. fingers are crossed for a speedily resolution for you too.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mdunny
oh yeah totally agree... hindsight is everything but if i was to do this again, id stay away from immigration consultants.

at least i know now that CIC London has all my docs. fingers are crossed for a speedily resolution for you too.
Thanks - mine are all packed up nicely to go special delivery in the morning - so they will get them friday morning - should have my PPR on monday.....
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Just back from Canada and thought I'd be logging on here to see lots of positive updates in the last couple of weeks. Congrats to those who have got it - Cowgirl that was quick progress!!

Caleo and Mdunny - sorry to hear you guys are still plodding along. Mdunny - you must be raging at your consultant (I know I would be!). Fingers crossed it gets resolved for both of you guys soon, you're due it.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Cowgirl That was fast!! Seems like its never that easy!

Seems like london are moving now, for good and bad!

hopefully Caleo and MDunny s works out soon. always seems to be some problems.

Still waiting on my fingerprints. who know when there going to show up.

fingers crossed for everyone!
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TomHoney
Congrats Cowgirl That was fast!! Seems like its never that easy!

Seems like london are moving now, for good and bad!

hopefully Caleo and MDunny s works out soon. always seems to be some problems.

Still waiting on my fingerprints. who know when there going to show up.

fingers crossed for everyone!
that must be so frustrating for you when you went to all the trouble of driving all that way to get them done! Hope you hear something soon!
Old Mar 4th 2011, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

All my additional information and receipts for medicals etc arrived safely in london at 0845 this morning - hopefully my Ecas status will move to decision made soon

I am just getting a bit concerned if they have lost my medicals - there was a fair bit of very personal information in the files! Hopefully it is just a case of not being matched up though!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

All my additional information and receipts for medicals etc arrived safely in london at 0845 this morning - hopefully my Ecas status will move to decision made soon

I am just getting a bit concerned if they have lost my medicals - there was a fair bit of very personal information in the files! Hopefully it is just a case of not being matched up though!
^im sure they will figure it out.

I think sometimes different departments are dealing with different parts of the application and get mixed. well thats what it seems like anyway.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TomHoney
^im sure they will figure it out.

I think sometimes different departments are dealing with different parts of the application and get mixed. well thats what it seems like anyway.
I certainly hope so - My Ecas changed again today - now medical results received has disappeared - oh my, not good for my blood pressure!!!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

I hope it all starts going well for you from now on, Caleo. I'm sure they'll sort it out for you soon . Keep us updated!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

I certainly hope so - My Ecas changed again today - now medical results received has disappeared - oh my, not good for my blood pressure!!!
But maybe it's just showing that because they've only just got around to changing it now? They're not at all reliable, as we all know. I would go by your email correspondences more than ecas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.