Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 29th 2015, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

TheBaldricks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I am having my baby in London before we move over to Canada. I am a Canadian and I have sponsored my Husband to get his PR.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBaldricks
I am having my baby in London before we move over to Canada. I am a Canadian and I have sponsored my Husband to get his PR.
Are you Canadian by birth or by descent?
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

By decent, my Mum was born in Canada.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

By decent, my Mum was born in Canada.
Then unless you have your child born in Canada, your child will not be Canadian. Canadian citizenship only passes one generation.

Because your PR application is already complete, you'll have to sponsor her separately. She could have been added to your existing PR application if it were still in process, but now that it's complete you'll have to file a new one.

If you get yourself to Canada before the baby is born and the baby is born in Canada, then s/he will be Canadian. (Assuming your husband was born in the UK then s/he will have British citizenship by descent.)
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the information. It's appreciated.

I'm going to go cry now.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:58 pm
Concierge

Thank you for the information. It's appreciated.

I'm going to go cry now.
No reason to go cry!! Your child will have no problem being let into Canada if you move after s/he is born. There are tons of posts from people who have moved with infants or children who need to be sponsored. So you can have her in the UK, sponsor her once s/he's born, and all will be fine and dandy. It would just be easier if you were able to give birth to her in Canada, as then she'd have both citizenships off the bat. But sponsorship for your kid will be really easy. It's not anywhere near as complicated as the spouse file - it's not like you have to prove the relationship or provide evidence of ongoing contact!

Chin up, this is really a very minor deal. Do not be stressing yourself out while pregnant! I can relate...!
Old Jun 29th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Awwwwwwww ok, thanks for that!! So it would basically be a family sponsorship application?

So the baby can be sponsored after we move to Canada? Or does this have to be done before we move?
Old Jun 29th 2015, 9:09 pm
Concierge

Awwwwwwww ok, thanks for that!! So it would basically be a family sponsorship application?

So the baby can be sponsored after we move to Canada? Or does this have to be done before we move?
Errrr this is where my knowledge of what's fastest and timelines and inland vs outland changes...I know how it works for spouses, but I'm less sure about children. I'd post a new thread in the Immigration section and outline your plan and the other resident experts will give you better guidance as I'm not 100% sure so don't want to give the wrong info! What I've given is the extent of my knowledge on it.

(You will be able to start the process befor eyou move, but it will have to be after s/he is born!)
Old Jun 29th 2015, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for your help! It's greatly appreciated!!! :-)
Old Jun 30th 2015, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

MrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond repute

Update for the spreadsheet, COPR arrived in the post - today is a great day good luck to everyone else still waiting!
Old Jun 30th 2015, 2:35 pm
Concierge

Updated, congrats! Don't forget to read the wiki articles about landing and such. Good luck!
Old Jun 30th 2015, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

DandH is an unknown quantity at this point

Update for us!

In process as of June 25th.

😁
Old Jun 30th 2015, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandH
Update for us!

In process as of June 25th.

😁
Spreadsheet updated! I'm so happy to see September applicants getting in progress. I take it your ECAS was updated today?
Old Jun 30th 2015, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

DandH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Spreadsheet updated! I'm so happy to see September applicants getting in progress. I take it your ECAS was updated today?
You are correct 😊
Old Jun 30th 2015, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

pauc is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats DandH! Off the pile for you I hope.

I changed my address on ECAS on the 9th of this month. The change hasn't been reflected on the page when I login.

I guess this is nothing to worry about? I understand the info on ECAS can be a bit wobbly at best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.