Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 30th 2015, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Location: Edinburgh - to Calgary (didn't work out) - Now Vancouver
JJHJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Added you. Just to check, Married or Common-Law, and whereabouts are you for the Location column? Largest big city is fine if you don't want ot be too specific! Let the waiting game begin!

Applicant and Sponsor have two different UCI numbers, so that might be your first issue. Try logging in as the sponsor with your file number instead of your UCI number. If you don't have a file number yet then you'll just have to sit tight!

You should be hearing pretty well any day - go by the "processing applications on x date" instead of the number of days, it tends to be more accurate. Your application was received 24-Oct, and they are processing apps received on 27-Oct, so you should have heard ideally. Wait to hear back from them since you've already chased. Not everyone gets AOR, so often they can't check ECAS until sponsor approval comes in anyway! Fingers crossed!
Many thanks for this. I didn't know that about UCI's. I had read in an earlier post that UCI's were for Sponsors and application numbers for applicants, but I guess it's not that simple.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to trouble you all again. I just checked my bank and noticed I was reimbursed $150 by CIC. This must be for the dependent child fee I paid for my daughter. It had never been clear to me why I had to pay this as she is Canadian by descent, but it now appears I never had to. I wonder if anyone else found that confusing.

According to my bank the payment came from 'CITIZENSHIP & IMM ON-L OTTAWA'. Does anyone know if all reimbursements come Ottawa or dare I make the gigantic leap and conclude my application is being process there? I haven't received any communication from them about it.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

pauc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

A new entry to the spreadsheet for me please. We posted the package from Leeds, UK on 05/01/2015 and according to Royal Mail it was delivered on 12/01/2015.

We haven't heard anything yet, e-mail or otherwise, but I suppose we'll have to get used to waiting and sitting on our hands for the time being!
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauc
Hi All,

A new entry to the spreadsheet for me please. We posted the package from Leeds, UK on 05/01/2015 and according to Royal Mail it was delivered on 12/01/2015.

We haven't heard anything yet, e-mail or otherwise, but I suppose we'll have to get used to waiting and sitting on our hands for the time being!
Hello! To be added to the spreadsheet please provide the following (I added in the bits you gave so just click quote and fill in the rest!

-Date application received in Mississauga - 2015-01-12
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! - Leeds UK

Thanks,
Andrew
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJHJ
Sorry to trouble you all again. I just checked my bank and noticed I was reimbursed $150 by CIC. This must be for the dependent child fee I paid for my daughter. It had never been clear to me why I had to pay this as she is Canadian by descent, but it now appears I never had to. I wonder if anyone else found that confusing.

According to my bank the payment came from 'CITIZENSHIP & IMM ON-L OTTAWA'. Does anyone know if all reimbursements come Ottawa or dare I make the gigantic leap and conclude my application is being process there? I haven't received any communication from them about it.
I cannot comment on if all reimbursements come from Ottawa, but I want to know if you can check ECAS You received AOR on January 11th 2015, so that e-mail or letter should have included a file number and UCI for the sponsor. Can you check ECAS at all? Normally if you can check ECAS it means you have sponsor approval. ECAS does not tell you which visa office has your application though.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Hello! To be added to the spreadsheet please provide the following (I added in the bits you gave so just click quote and fill in the rest!

-Date application received in Mississauga - 2015-01-12
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law - Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval - Not yet approved
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email) - We requested London, but have no conformation as yet
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had - None
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt - I'm a UK citizen so would need a visa to enter Canada
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! - Leeds UK

Thanks,
Andrew
Thanks for adding me.

Is there a communication expected from CIC before we find out if Anna (my sponsor) is eligible or not?

Last edited by pauc; Jan 30th 2015 at 1:47 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pauc
Thanks for adding me.

Is there a communication expected from CIC before we find out if Anna (my sponsor) is eligible or not?
Most likely the first thing you will receive is sponsor approval, although Mississauga has recently started issuing Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR's) presumably so people do not hound them for updates, as the processing time for stage 1 is up to 85 days.

So sit back and relax for the next 2-3 months!
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers!

I will be sitting comfortably with my feet up until then.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
I cannot comment on if all reimbursements come from Ottawa, but I want to know if you can check ECAS You received AOR on January 11th 2015, so that e-mail or letter should have included a file number and UCI for the sponsor. Can you check ECAS at all? Normally if you can check ECAS it means you have sponsor approval. ECAS does not tell you which visa office has your application though.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm able to log onto to ECAS with the Application number and my wife's details (applicant) and I see applicant status (which is 'Application received').

I have a UCI that was issued in the AOR along with the App number, but it doesn't work with my details in ECAS (I've also tried my details and the application number / UCI and my wife's details, all the combinations I can think of).

That they are reimbursing me seems to suggest they're processing something. It would be nice to know if it's still stage 1 or inexplicably we're on stage 2, but I haven't been informed.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 5:38 pm
TRC
Forum Regular

TRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond repute

I applied back in August, my sponsor can check her status and has been approved. I can't seem to log in? I have never actually checked to see my status as it just says application received when my sponsor logs in, but it has said that for 4 months now. Any tips?
Old Jan 30th 2015, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Denzel_pompey is an unknown quantity at this point

Update: I received a request for my passport and 2 photographs for issuance of resident permit today. Documents sent with a self addressed return envelope to VAC London. Hopefully not long now.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRC
I applied back in August, my sponsor can check her status and has been approved. I can't seem to log in? I have never actually checked to see my status as it just says application received when my sponsor logs in, but it has said that for 4 months now. Any tips?
You need your Uci #. I coukd use mine by using my previous Uci # with CIC through tgrough iec program.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 5:47 pm
TRC
Forum Regular

TRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Divvym1
You need your Uci #. I coukd use mine by using my previous Uci # with CIC through tgrough iec program.
Ah ok and how do I get that?

If I applied in August should they have not contacted me somehow by now?
Old Jan 30th 2015, 5:49 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Denzel_pompey
Update: I received a request for my passport and 2 photographs for issuance of resident permit today. Documents sent with a self addressed return envelope to VAC London. Hopefully not long now.
Fingers crossed you are almost there!!!
Old Jan 30th 2015, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by TRC
Ah ok and how do I get that?

If I applied in August should they have not contacted me somehow by now?
I got mine through previous app with CIC. If your sponsor has been approved her log in shows stage 2 also. Did you receive any correspondence at all from CIC? Ie AOR? They have an app # you can log in with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.