Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Moonchild67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Someone should add my time line to the spread sheet to make people feel better about their own cases, Sponsor Approved August 15, still not even in process or received by london.
Scottyxx,
I sent an email enquirying if they had received my file and they responded within a few days. It set my mind at ease knowing at least in had arrived at the London Visa Office.

[email protected]

Hope this helps
Moonchild67
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lindzation
Aww, brutal! Not even received by London?? Really?
Haven't had as little as an email from them, so my mind is going into hyper-drive. My spouse got an email on the 15th of August, I didn't and thats the last I heard. I don't know if London issue "received" emails or not but yeah...I'm freaking out.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Moonchild67
Scottyxx,
I sent an email enquirying if they had received my file and they responded within a few days. It set my mind at ease knowing at least in had arrived at the London Visa Office.

[email protected]

Hope this helps
Moonchild67
Emailed them, they never responded. Oh scratch that, I got a canned response that never specified if it was there or not. My local MP has been trying to contact them for 2 months and has had no reply.

I am worried after my last experience with London...they lost my entire application, AND took my money.

Last edited by scottyxx; Feb 7th 2013 at 3:05 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=scottyxx;10530840]Emailed them, they never responded. Oh scratch that, I got a canned response that never specified if it was there or not. My local MP has been trying to contact them for 2 months and has had no reply.

I am worried after my last experience with London...they lost my entire application, AND took my money.[/QUOTE/]

My boyfriend never received an email from London either. The only emails we have received from CIC were an AOR from Mississauga and a Sponsorship Approval letter. What does it say on ECAS for you?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

On Ecas it says "Application Received June 12th."
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

On Ecas it says "Application Received June 12th."
Ours says the same except October 1st.
Then it says Medicals Received.
There are other people on the spreadsheet with a similar timeline to yours who haven't heard anything yet either..
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

No medicals for me.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

No medicals for me.
Did you do your medical much before sending in your application?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Moonchild67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Emailed them, they never responded. Oh scratch that, I got a canned response that never specified if it was there or not. My local MP has been trying to contact them for 2 months and has had no reply.

I am worried after my last experience with London...they lost my entire application, AND took my money.
Did you try that email addy I sent? Give it a try it cant hurt.
Most of us in here understand the stress this whole process entails. IT ALMOST MAKES ONE MANIC ! My application wont even go to "in process" at least for 3 more months (thats being hopeful) and I still check almost everyday! Insanity it is I tell you. Try the email again, what can it hurt ?

Moonchild67
Old Feb 7th 2013, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Scotty

My sponsorship approval is literally the same date as yours. While I am 'in progress' on ECAS, the general consensus around here is that ECAS is nonsense and never bothers to update.

I heard from London but that's only because they asked me to send another form in that wasn't required in the initial application.

Almost everyone with August sponsor approval is still waiting - London seems to have just stopped working, at least on these.

Annoying but I wouldn't freak out (yet)!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Also getting to 'in progress' isn't all it's cracked up to be. I pretty much have the longest 'in progress' file (that isn't non visa exempt) on the spreadsheet. Most people go from 'in progress' to getting a decision within a matter of days. For me it is coming up 2 MONTHS since my application went to 'in progress'. I think they basically must've said 'let's have some fun and tell this guy his application is being reviewed then we'll toss it aside for a few months - let's see how many times we can make him check ECAS!'.

Either that or, assuming that it takes 15 minutes to read my application and there have been 36 working days since my application went to 'in progress' then (assuming a working day is 7.5 hours) they must have read my application 1,080 times without being able to make a decision
Old Feb 7th 2013, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear of all your troubles, the lack of communication must be such a nightmare.

Since I am only just about to send our common law app off, seems like I have a non existent chance of getting PR approved before the expiration of my IEC visa in early Oct.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Definitely not non existant. It seems like the August sponsor approvals are taking considerably longer than 'normal'. If you look at the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0) the average complete processing time is around 200 days. The August/Sept sponsor approvals are going to end up being much more than this since they have almost hit 200 days in just the Stage 2 (London approval) alone - this is before you add on ehe time taken for Stage 1 sponsor approval.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by michty6
Definitely not non existant. It seems like the August sponsor approvals are taking considerably longer than 'normal'. If you look at the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0) the average complete processing time is around 200 days. The August/Sept sponsor approvals are going to end up being much more than this since they have almost hit 200 days in just the Stage 2 (London approval) alone - this is before you add on ehe time taken for Stage 1 sponsor approval.
Wow that's given me hope! So strange that the Aug batch is delayed...

I will add my details to the spreadsheet when I send. Only just waiting for my GF's option C printout and then we're all set.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:15 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markstimson
Wow that's given me hope! So strange that the Aug batch is delayed...

I will add my details to the spreadsheet when I send. Only just waiting for my GF's option C printout and then we're all set.
A lot of people around that time seem to be non-visa exempt, had documents missing etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.