Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

How long does it take to normally hear back from the London office, when ecas says decision made!
I appreciate any info. I don't have enough time to scroll throughout the whole thread to find the information.

Cheers

Stu
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

BlueBerryPie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by treemanstu
How long does it take to normally hear back from the London office, when ecas says decision made!
I appreciate any info. I don't have enough time to scroll throughout the whole thread to find the information.

Cheers

Stu
See spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlueBerryPie
It's all good! Given that the process takes so long I guess we can't help wondering what was different. Perhaps you had a "high-ranking" job qualification? Something that set you apart from the hive? Hah, I think what most people (myself included) think when they see someone applying after them, and getting in before them, is "what did I do wrong?"

BBP
Dont worry BBP, mine was received 16th may and my sponsorship approval was 28th august and I haven't heard a peep since. Other than an email that I requested, informing me that it is in line for review. Maybe some immigration officers are faster than others. I don't think mine is in process yet either.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Stu
Hey Stu,

sometimes people don't get an e-mail and COPR is just sent out after ECAS changes...thats why some people who don't check ECAS often just have their COPR turn up in the post. I'm sure yours is on its way
Old Dec 13th 2012, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Cheers

Stu
Do you know roughly when ecas changed to decision made? Just checking because your application dates are almost exactly a week in front of mine at each stage
Old Dec 13th 2012, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

We have decision made dec 4th, last tuesday and we've still had no contact? What company do they usually use? FEDEX? Or just normal mail? I know it will take a while to get across the pond to Vancouver. I don't want to sit at home waiting all day, but at the same time I do!

I'm worried that i'm going to get the mail man who doesn't leave a card when he comes to deliver!

Has anyone had problems where it never came?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Screenwriter
We have decision made dec 4th, last tuesday and we've still had no contact? What company do they usually use? FEDEX? Or just normal mail? I know it will take a while to get across the pond to Vancouver. I don't want to sit at home waiting all day, but at the same time I do!

I'm worried that i'm going to get the mail man who doesn't leave a card when he comes to deliver!

Has anyone had problems where it never came?
They use registered Royal Mail. I know what you mean, i won't be leaving the house either 'just in case'!!! lol, i'd say you should get by tomorrow or Monday
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Hey Stu,

sometimes people don't get an e-mail and COPR is just sent out after ECAS changes...thats why some people who don't check ECAS often just have their COPR turn up in the post. I'm sure yours is on its way
Yes it's here my COPR turned up in the post today, I'm away in Germany so I haven't had it in my hand but yes it's definatly there.

I still can't believe it actually happened a dream come true, I'd like to say thanks for all the help in the lead up to getting my COPR and I'm sure a will still be on the forum in the future to help other like minded people and I wish all still awaiting there decision a happy Xmas and a new year
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:21 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

So my application has got to Mississauga (according to the courier).

Just found out that what I thought was our marriage certificate actually isn't...seems the registrar general of Ontario decided to be a comedian and sent us a certified copy of the license instead. Not knowing what the difference was, and having never seen a marriage certificate from Ontario, I assumed it was right. Lawyer pointed out that it wasn't but they said they were sending the app on to Mississauga anyway so I'm guessing it isn't a massive issue. So...in the process of sourcing an actual certificate so we can post that in sharpish. Probably arrive before they even look at the application but knowing my luck I'll actually be one of the fast ones who then gets it sent back or held.

I'm like Clark Griswold when it comes to applications...

Last edited by orly; Dec 13th 2012 at 6:25 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

BlueBerryPie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by orly
So my application has got to Mississauga (according to the courier).

Just found out that what I thought was our marriage certificate actually isn't...seems the registrar general of Ontario decided to be a comedian and sent us a certified copy of the license instead. Not knowing what the difference was, and having never seen a marriage certificate from Ontario, I assumed it was right. Lawyer pointed out that it wasn't but they said they were sending the app on to Mississauga anyway so I'm guessing it isn't a massive issue. So...in the process of sourcing an actual certificate so we can post that in sharpish. Probably arrive before they even look at the application but knowing my luck I'll actually be one of the fast ones who then gets it sent back or held.

I'm like Clark Griswold when it comes to applications...
Isn't the Missussauga stage just to confirm that the sponsor is eligible? I think you'd be best to send the document to London once you get AOR and a file number - that's the part where they validate your "relationship."
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:59 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueBerryPie
Isn't the Missussauga stage just to confirm that the sponsor is eligible? I think you'd be best to send the document to London once you get AOR and a file number - that's the part where they validate your "relationship."
Perhaps. I'll ask our lawyer...they're getting paid enough
Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

This forum>Lawyer imo
Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:27 pm
The ride never ends

Originally Posted by michty6
This forum>Lawyer imo
That's true...but I like to cover myself :P
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michty6
This forum>Lawyer imo
100% We thought about getting a lawyer, but our budget would have only been able to afford a cheap one, and this forum has been an absolute wealth of knowledge.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's here my COPR turned up in the post today, I'm away in Germany so I haven't had it in my hand but yes it's definatly there.

I still can't believe it actually happened a dream come true, I'd like to say thanks for all the help in the lead up to getting my COPR and I'm sure a will still be on the forum in the future to help other like minded people and I wish all still awaiting there decision a happy Xmas and a new year
congrats Stu, mail man still hasn't delivered mine yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.