Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

.c.s.o. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by aquariusvn
I got the passport request email this morning from the Paris office. I am surprised because I read on this forum that now applicants from visa exempt country just need the COPR to land. Any of you has got the pp request despite originating from a visa exempt country ? I can send out my daughter's passport (she is the principal applicant) but as she is already in Canada with us right now, I am a bit worried about her staying in Canada (still a foreign country) without her passport for at least 4 weeks.
I thought you just send a photocopy of every page.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by .c.s.o.
They requested the same form from me but only wanted details for a specific timeframe. It was my gap year travels they wanted to know about.

I filled it in using Acrobat and then send it back using the online contact form. I also printed a hard copy and sent it in the mail just in case. Seemed to work OK for me.
Great, how long after sending back this form did you get a decision?

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that my application was very, very detailed about our travels and timeline. The reason was that as I was applying as a Common Law, I had to be detailed to prove we had lived together the past few years - so it included details of all our trips as we lived and travelled together over Asia (right down to the detail including passport stamps - sometimes passport stamps are the only proof you have of visiting a country if you go overland in SE Asia!). So basically all the information I put into this form was information they already had...
Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michty6
I sent it back the day I got it which was Oct 14th, and got a decision beginning of November, so about 20 days. then it takes a bit for the COPR to arrive. I think you're looking at a month easy.

As for why, who knows why they do half the stuff they do?
Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I sent it back the day I got it which was Oct 14th, and got a decision beginning of November, so about 20 days. then it takes a bit for the COPR to arrive. I think you're looking at a month easy.

Because we are the Govt and we can
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that my application was very, very detailed about our travels and timeline. The reason was that as I was applying as a Common Law, I had to be detailed to prove we had lived together the past few years - so it included details of all our trips as we lived and travelled together over Asia (right down to the detail including passport stamps - sometimes passport stamps are the only proof you have of visiting a country if you go overland in SE Asia!). So basically all the information I put into this form was information they already had...
Ohh so you were living/traveling together for the past few years? Have you lived together in Canada for any amount of time?
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lindzation
Ohh so you were living/traveling together for the past few years? Have you lived together in Canada for any amount of time?
Yes proving our 'common law' status was a fun task involving many leases, plane tickets, booking receipts and visa stamps!

At the date I applied, we had been living together in Canada on a lease for about 7 months (as of today's date that would now be 13 months) - prior to that we lived with my gf's parents (2 months), on a short lease in the UK (3 months) and travelling around SE Asia - with a 'base' apartment in China (10 months)!

So I could see why the 'your travels' document could certainly be something they might from from me and just me alone!

EDIT: We had lived together before all this though, starting in Sept 2009 when we lived in a flat in London on a 1 year lease - all of this information was included but a bunch of it involved travels!

Last edited by michty6; Dec 11th 2012 at 7:43 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes proving our 'common law' status was a fun task involving many leases, plane tickets, booking receipts and visa stamps!

At the date I applied, we had been living together in Canada on a lease for about 7 months (as of today's date that would now be 13 months) - prior to that we lived with my gf's parents (2 months), on a short lease in the UK (3 months) and travelling around SE Asia - with a 'base' apartment in China (10 months)!

So I could see why the 'your travels' document could certainly be something they might from from me and just me alone!

EDIT: We had lived together before all this though, starting in Sept 2009 when we lived in a flat in London on a 1 year lease - all of this information was included but a bunch of it involved travels!
Ohh yes I see ! - I actually met my boyfriend in Australia when we were traveling around.. but we didn't actually get together until about two years later and then he moved to Canada a year after that.

I met sooo many people in your position though, it's so much more work to prove! I feel your pain. Hopefully it's all smooth sailing after they receive the travels form!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Medical Round 2 happening today.....wondering how long it will take once London receive the results..? Hopefully not tooo long. The medicals are the last step right?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you just send a photocopy of every page.
Depends on the visa officer doing the case. Doesnt seem to be a standard as of yet.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

When I was asked for additional details and sent them, I got COPR about 2-3 weeks later, so not long for you.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

BlueBerryPie is on a distinguished road

What's the feedback on how often people are asked to go to London for interview? I don't forsee any major difficulties for my application as such, but just wondering what the liklihood is of being called up for interview. Any idea what you are asked at it?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueBerryPie
What's the feedback on how often people are asked to go to London for interview? I don't forsee any major difficulties for my application as such, but just wondering what the liklihood is of being called up for interview. Any idea what you are asked at it?
There is no way to measure it, its entirely based on your application and the officer doing it.

examples:

If you have been with your partner 1 year and a couple of weeks, you met on the internet, they are from a high risk country and you dont have too much evidence then better save money for a flight for the interview.

If you have been with your partner for a while, have all the required evidence supporting the relationship (pictures, leases, flight tickets etc) I wouldnt really worry too much.

Cant even remember the last time I saw someone on this thread mentioning about having to attend an interview. I know your thought process though, everyone going through this process thinks of ALL the possibilites too.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
There is no way to measure it, its entirely based on your application and the officer doing it.

examples:

If you have been with your partner 1 year and a couple of weeks, you met on the internet, they are from a high risk country and you dont have too much evidence then better save money for a flight for the interview.

If you have been with your partner for a while, have all the required evidence supporting the relationship (pictures, leases, flight tickets etc) I wouldnt really worry too much.

Cant even remember the last time I saw someone on this thread mentioning about having to attend an interview. I know your thought process though, everyone going through this process thinks of ALL the possibilites too.
Thanks, well, if they have any sense, they'll know I could have applied as both experience class and federal skills also, so it's hardly worth it to contrive a relationship. Medicals all good (had a physical 2 weeks before my medical), and about 300 photos at various locations, proof of living together, etc.

However, when I look through the spreadsheet, I notice there are people who had applied weeks after me, and their spouses were approved in sooner time, and the COPR was issued faster (mine would should have been issued by now even if you put the spousal approval aside). Is there a reason people who apply after are getting through faster? For instance C.S.O. in the spreadsheet applied 2 weeks after me and has their COPR issued over a month ago - mine's not even at the "in process" stage.

This puzzles me.

Apologies if this has been discussed before - just curious as to the lack of consistency in timelines.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BlueBerryPie
Thanks, well, if they have any sense, they'll know I could have applied as both experience class and federal skills also, so it's hardly worth it to contrive a relationship. Medicals all good (had a physical 2 weeks before my medical), and about 300 photos at various locations, proof of living together, etc.

However, when I look through the spreadsheet, I notice there are people who had applied weeks after me, and their spouses were approved in sooner time, and the COPR was issued faster (mine would should have been issued by now even if you put the spousal approval aside). Is there a reason people who apply after are getting through faster? For instance C.S.O. in the spreadsheet applied 2 weeks after me and has their COPR issued over a month ago - mine's not even at the "in process" stage.

This puzzles me.

Apologies if this has been discussed before - just curious as to the lack of consistency in timelines.
I have no idea why mine was so quick. I consider myself to be extremely lucky. A colleague of mine applied a month before me and she still hasn't gone to "in process". (She hates me now btw)

Maybe my application just landed on the pile being worked on by the quicker guy. I'm sorry though, it seems really unfair that they don't appear to be being processed in order.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

I have no idea why mine was so quick. I consider myself to be extremely lucky. A colleague of mine applied a month before me and she still hasn't gone to "in process". (She hates me now btw)

Maybe my application just landed on the pile being worked on by the quicker guy. I'm sorry though, it seems really unfair that they don't appear to be being processed in order.
It's all good! Given that the process takes so long I guess we can't help wondering what was different. Perhaps you had a "high-ranking" job qualification? Something that set you apart from the hive? Hah, I think what most people (myself included) think when they see someone applying after them, and getting in before them, is "what did I do wrong?"

BBP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.