Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 10th 2012, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by michty6
My application is at Stage 2 in London (although I have had no confirmation of them receiving it yet), having been approved by CIC.

So you're saying if my COPR came through when I was already in Canada I wouldn't have to flag-pole again, just meet up with the CIC in Toronto?

EDIT: To be completely clear, I am in Canada just now on the IEC. My current visa expires 1st January 2013. I applied to a 2nd year on the IEC in case my PR did not come through, as seemed likely, and was accepted. But I would need to flag-pole to activate this 2nd IEC visa. My original query was regarding whether or not it was worth contacting the London office to explain these circumstances and try to gauge from them if it is likely my COPR will be issued before 1st Jan...
If already in Canada and COPR is received then no need to flagpole however CIC offices are no longer walk in and some offices are quoting 8 weeks to make an appointment to do a landing.
Contact London by all means but expect the usual reply. IMHO activate your 2nd IEC.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, you have basically confirmed what I was thinking before (although I didn't know I could just make an appointment with the CIC to change my visa, that's good to know). I'll probably flag-pole this weekend and take it from there (assuming I don't hear about my COPR by then).
Old Dec 10th 2012, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Hi Jaquar,

first off, congratulations!! you must be so relieved!

As for us, our additional docs they needed arrived in London on Monday... i realized why they suddenly pulled a finger out and started processing ours is because my BF's MP in England contacted them! I wonder if that will have any affect on how fast they will finish the application as they replied to him very quick saying that the application is due to be completed within a week (obviously must of been before they requested additional docs)... im not sure how long i should expect til we hear a decision made now... any idea?? anyone??

What a great christmas present for you, congrats again!!
thats great laurenhannah ... i still havnt got an email yet tho
Old Dec 10th 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by treemanstu
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee happy day for me.

Just check ecas using my receipt number and what do you know, decision made!
Here's what it says:

-----------------------------------------------

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on May 10, 2012.

We started processing your application on December 7, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
brilliant news treemanstu
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by treemanstu
I have a decision made too.

Have you had any email yet or has your COPR turn up in the post.
had something delivered today by post but of course it requires a signature and of course i was at work ahhhhhhhhh will keep you posted
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaquar
thats great laurenhannah ... i still havnt got an email yet tho
Hi Jaquar,

i'm not sure if everyone gets an e-mail to be honest. I thought a lot of the time COPR was mailed out after ECAS shows 'Decision Made'.

Can anyone clarify?

You must be happy nonetheless! Lets just hope it arrives soon for you!
Old Dec 10th 2012, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

We got decision made this week, so hoping to get our mail out soon.

What does flag poling involve? Do you just drive up to the border?

Has anyone flag poled in the Vancouver area?
Old Dec 11th 2012, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Congrats on the decision!

Flat-poling involves exiting Canada at the US border, then walking across to the American side where they 'reject' you (it isn't a real rejection, just an administrative piece of paper to confirm that you actually left Canada) and then come back into Canada to activate a new visa. You tell the people at the border this is what you're doing and they'll give you the right forms, it is very common. There is a fair chunk about it on this forum.

I'd imagine in Vancouver you just do this exact process down at the US border.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Got an email from the London office this morning.

"In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional information listed below.

Travel History Form IMM 5562: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5562E.pdf"

Well I guess the good news is they are processing my application! I need to check my paperwork but would this file not have been included in the original application?

If I can get this to them ASAP I might not need to flagpole!
Old Dec 11th 2012, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Got an email from the London office this morning.

"In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional information listed below.

Travel History Form IMM 5562: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5562E.pdf"

Well I guess the good news is they are processing my application! I need to check my paperwork but would this file not have been included in the original application?

If I can get this to them ASAP I might not need to flagpole!
Oh my gosh really!? I'm so confused by this.. I swear this is the form that I filled out for me and my boyfriend and it was a royal pain !! Then I re read the form and it said to only submit if you are sending your application into the Paris office... so I didn't bother to submit it! Now they are asking for it?? And I don't see anything about Paris now! Argh...
Old Dec 11th 2012, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindzation
Oh my gosh really!? I'm so confused by this.. I swear this is the form that I filled out for me and my boyfriend and it was a royal pain !! Then I re read the form and it said to only submit if you are sending your application into the Paris office... so I didn't bother to submit it! Now they are asking for it?? And I don't see anything about Paris now! Argh...
it still says this in the Country Specific Instructions.

"Persons submitting their application to the Canadian visa office in Paris must complete the attached IMM 5562 form, Supplementary Information – Your travels".

Probably they just want some extra info from Michty6 (i.e. not everyone)
Old Dec 11th 2012, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chanceUK

"Persons submitting their application to the Canadian visa office in Paris must complete the attached IMM 5562 form, Supplementary Information – Your travels".

I see it, you're right.. sorry was a bit panicked!!
Old Dec 11th 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lindzation
Originally Posted by chanceUK

Yeh I hope (for everyone else's sake!) that this is the case. Luckily I actually completed this IMM 5562 form back when I was (originally) applying under the FSW scheme so I still had a copy of the form plus all the details to hand - so I've managed to turn it over this morning (while it is still before 5pm UK time!).

My CL-partner and I have travelled like crazy the past 3-4 years (including living/travelling in Asia for a year) so the list of places for us is huge. This could be why they have requested it from me and not anyone else...

Anyway I scanned the form plus the additional info I had to include that wouldn't fit on it. Since it doesn't require a wet signature, I then just emailed it to London replying to the email that requested the info in the first place - does anyone have experience on here of doing this and know if they accept this?

I am going to post it as well, but there is a slight rush to my application (see my previous posts in this thread in the past few days) and since mail is slower at this time of year I thought I might as well try to email too and see what happens...
Old Dec 11th 2012, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

.c.s.o. is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh I hope (for everyone else's sake!) that this is the case. Luckily I actually completed this IMM 5562 form back when I was (originally) applying under the FSW scheme so I still had a copy of the form plus all the details to hand - so I've managed to turn it over this morning (while it is still before 5pm UK time!).

My CL-partner and I have travelled like crazy the past 3-4 years (including living/travelling in Asia for a year) so the list of places for us is huge. This could be why they have requested it from me and not anyone else...

Anyway I scanned the form plus the additional info I had to include that wouldn't fit on it. Since it doesn't require a wet signature, I then just emailed it to London replying to the email that requested the info in the first place - does anyone have experience on here of doing this and know if they accept this?

I am going to post it as well, but there is a slight rush to my application (see my previous posts in this thread in the past few days) and since mail is slower at this time of year I thought I might as well try to email too and see what happens...
They requested the same form from me but only wanted details for a specific timeframe. It was my gap year travels they wanted to know about.

I filled it in using Acrobat and then send it back using the online contact form. I also printed a hard copy and sent it in the mail just in case. Seemed to work OK for me.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

aquariusvn is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the passport request email this morning from the Paris office. I am surprised because I read on this forum that now applicants from visa exempt country just need the COPR to land. Any of you has got the pp request despite originating from a visa exempt country ? I can send out my daughter's passport (she is the principal applicant) but as she is already in Canada with us right now, I am a bit worried about her staying in Canada (still a foreign country) without her passport for at least 4 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.