Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 8th 2012, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

BlueBerryPie is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
You have to notify everyone. It is probably best to type up a standard letter and send it to everyone.
You notify "everyone?" I haven't notified anyone. I suspect some of my cousins don't even know I'm in Calgary. I just made sure I didn't have any outstanding bills. I'm kind of a private person, it's not really anyone's business back home.

BBP
Old Dec 8th 2012, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

IJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been accepted!

Got it in the post today.

Applied on the 22nd March 2012 so took under 9 months total. And that was with having to send extra medical information, and not receiving the original letter asking for extra medical information!
Old Dec 8th 2012, 7:15 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Landing with the husband today!!!!!! Can't wait!! Will report back my experience.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueBerryPie
You notify "everyone?" I haven't notified anyone. I suspect some of my cousins don't even know I'm in Calgary. I just made sure I didn't have any outstanding bills. I'm kind of a private person, it's not really anyone's business back home.

BBP
Sorry I should have been more specific. You will have to notify the Inland Revenue and possibly have to fill out a form. You will also have to notify the Electoral Commission. You will also have to notify your bank and anyone else which may still require to contact you. Depending on your circumstances you may have to notify other government organisations for example, tax credits, child benefit etc.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IJ157
I've been accepted!

Got it in the post today.

Applied on the 22nd March 2012 so took under 9 months total. And that was with having to send extra medical information, and not receiving the original letter asking for extra medical information!
Congratulation IJI57,
Old Dec 8th 2012, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Landing with the husband today!!!!!! Can't wait!! Will report back my experience.
Good Luck SchnookoLoly. I know you have been waiting a long time for this.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

worriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud ofworriedmom has much to be proud of

Hi Guys
kinda related question can anyone give me details about the interview in London on behalf of my son.How much do they go into education,certificates etc.
Any help would be great its the common law application currently in London.Thank you
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee happy day for me.

Just check ecas using my receipt number and what do you know, decision made!
Here's what it says:

-----------------------------------------------

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on May 10, 2012.

We started processing your application on December 7, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by treemanstu
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee happy day for me.

Just check ecas using my receipt number and what do you know, decision made!
Here's what it says:

-----------------------------------------------

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on May 10, 2012.

We started processing your application on December 7, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
congrats treemantsu, it only took them like 3 days to make a decision. That just shows how long it really takes to process lol
Old Dec 10th 2012, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
congrats treemantsu, it only took them like 3 days to make a decision. That just shows how long it really takes to process lol
Thanks Jake Canada.

I have no email from them but I think that everything will be in the post from now on. But how long will that take!
Old Dec 10th 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

It seems (judging by the spreadsheet/comments on here) that the London office is now starting to process those people who were sponsor approved in August. Since I fall into this boat, is it worth sending an email enquiry to check they received my application? My main interest is trying to gauge how far away from a decision I am (if they haven't received it then probably quite a while!) - the reason being that I am in Canada on the IEC, my current visa expires on 1st January 2013, I have already been accepted to a 2nd year on an IEC visa just now but I don't want to flag-pole this coming weekend only to find out next week my application has been approved for PR meaning I have to then go and flag-pole again! The other concern is getting my new SIN to my work, I am on holiday over Xmas/New Year (so my last day at work is Friday 21st) so it might be worth just flag-poling this weekend anyway to keep it safe and simple... Thoughts?
Old Dec 10th 2012, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jaquar
DECISION MADE .............omg hope its a good one !!! no email yet bit scared now
I have a decision made too.

Have you had any email yet or has your COPR turn up in the post.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michty6
It seems (judging by the spreadsheet/comments on here) that the London office is now starting to process those people who were sponsor approved in August. Since I fall into this boat, is it worth sending an email enquiry to check they received my application? My main interest is trying to gauge how far away from a decision I am (if they haven't received it then probably quite a while!) - the reason being that I am in Canada on the IEC, my current visa expires on 1st January 2013, I have already been accepted to a 2nd year on an IEC visa just now but I don't want to flag-pole this coming weekend only to find out next week my application has been approved for PR meaning I have to then go and flag-pole again! The other concern is getting my new SIN to my work, I am on holiday over Xmas/New Year (so my last day at work is Friday 21st) so it might be worth just flag-poling this weekend anyway to keep it safe and simple... Thoughts?
You say approved for PR do you mean your COPR will be issued and then can land or submitting an application for PR but no COPR yet issued.
You do not need to flagpole for landing purposes in Canada as you can arrange to make an appointment with your local CIC office.
Your choice as to how you proceed.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You say approved for PR do you mean your COPR will be issued and then can land or submitting an application for PR but no COPR yet issued.
You do not need to flagpole for landing purposes in Canada as you can arrange to make an appointment with your local CIC office.
Your choice as to how you proceed.
My application is at Stage 2 in London (although I have had no confirmation of them receiving it yet), having been approved by CIC.

So you're saying if my COPR came through when I was already in Canada I wouldn't have to flag-pole again, just meet up with the CIC in Toronto?

EDIT: To be completely clear, I am in Canada just now on the IEC. My current visa expires 1st January 2013. I applied to a 2nd year on the IEC in case my PR did not come through, as seemed likely, and was accepted. But I would need to flag-pole to activate this 2nd IEC visa. My original query was regarding whether or not it was worth contacting the London office to explain these circumstances and try to gauge from them if it is likely my COPR will be issued before 1st Jan...

Last edited by michty6; Dec 10th 2012 at 5:08 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michty6
My application is at Stage 2 in London (although I have had no confirmation of them receiving it yet), having been approved by CIC.

So you're saying if my COPR came through when I was already in Canada I wouldn't have to flag-pole again, just meet up with the CIC in Toronto?

EDIT: To be completely clear, I am in Canada just now on the IEC. My current visa expires 1st January 2013. I applied to a 2nd year on the IEC in case my PR did not come through, as seemed likely, and was accepted. But I would need to flag-pole to activate this 2nd IEC visa. My original query was regarding whether or not it was worth contacting the London office to explain these circumstances and try to gauge from them if it is likely my COPR will be issued before 1st Jan...
Chances are that London might not get back to you, and if they do it might not be for a while. There is a chance you may have your COPR by then, but to be on the safe side i would flagpole to activate your new IEC Visa, then when you get your COPR do it again, or as the previous post mentioned, you can make an appointment to see someone in Toronto... apparently this takes about 6 weeks to get an appointment from what i've heard.. but if you're not in a rush, its always an option. I'm sure like most people though you will want to land ASAP so to flagpole again will be your best option!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.