Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 7th 2012, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
Wow thats a long time for sponsor approval! That must of been tough not knowing. I hope your right! I think people will see the stress leaving me as soon as i get it! lol
It was tough even tougher when we called them and my hubby was told they cant find the file !!!!! im just keeping the faith i dont think i will know what to do with myself when this is all over i have built a great reationship with the computer
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaquar
It was tough even tougher when we called them and my hubby was told they cant find the file !!!!! im just keeping the faith i dont think i will know what to do with myself when this is all over i have built a great reationship with the computer
That was nice of them lol. Yeah probably best to stay positive, but sometimes it's hard to always be positive in this situation.

Good Luck though and let me know if you hear soon!
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

jaquar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
That was nice of them lol. Yeah probably best to stay positive, but sometimes it's hard to always be positive in this situation.

Good Luck though and let me know if you hear soon!
will do ...you too
Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:21 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaquar
There is certainly a reason but there can be no excuse for a lost file. Someone slipped up. Send an email asking for a report on whether the file is now "found" and what is happening with it.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

To recap where i'm at. Got an email Monday to the wife telling her that they were waiting on a response to an email sent to me on October 5th. I never got that email, as CIC copied the wrong email address from the application pack.

In their email they state:
Medical examination: you submitted an incorrect copy of the Section A Medical report form as evidence that you completed a medical examination. Please provide a copy of the document listing your medical ID number, if available, to enable us to trace your examination results.

This is all incorrect as they had the correct Medical forms and receipts.

I called CIC helpline, finally got through this morning. Spoke to a lady who was able to tell me that my Medicals ended up in the wrong system. She told me this has happened before and that London had to 'request it from the correct system'. I'm hoping someone in London knows what the 'correct' system is.

Effectively it ended up in the "In Canada" system as opposed to the "via London" system.

What a crap show. Still no response to any email sent to them start of week marked triple urgent.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

Is it only me on here that's is applying from outside of Canada application and not actually living in Canada.

Maybe that's why London takes so long to process there applications as most seem to apply from outside of Canada. but actually live there already.

I don't have a problem with it, just that It seems that everyone does it just because it quicker. And most immergration consultants advise people to take that route.

Maybe the system has finally reached it breaking point.

Okay rant over, and I hope people see the logic in my post.

Be kind
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Sweden is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by treemanstu
Is it only me on here that's is applying from outside of Canada application and not actually living in Canada.

Maybe that's why London takes so long to process there applications as most seem to apply from outside of Canada. but actually live there already.

I don't have a problem with it, just that It seems that everyone does it just because it quicker. And most immergration consultants advise people to take that route.

Be kind
I think quite a few people apply when they are still outside of Canada, but because it takes quite a long time, end up moving back to Canada before the PR is issued - it's my case, and it's possible on a tourist visa...
A reason to choose outland versus inland is that if you apply inland, you can not leave Canada for the time of the process - even for family emergency etc... and if you apply inland, there is no right of appeal. For all these reasons, outland is often preferred - not only for the faster processing time... because for now, the first stage of inland is 6 months, which means that after 6 months the applicant can have a work permit - not the case for outland...
CIC also encourages applicants to use the outland route if they can - it's somewhere on the guideline...
Sweden
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sweden
I think quite a few people apply when they are still outside of Canada, but because it takes quite a long time, end up moving back to Canada before the PR is issued - it's my case, and it's possible on a tourist visa...
A reason to choose outland versus inland is that if you apply inland, you can not leave Canada for the time of the process - even for family emergency etc... and if you apply inland, there is no right of appeal. For all these reasons, outland is often preferred - not only for the faster processing time... because for now, the first stage of inland is 6 months, which means that after 6 months the applicant can have a work permit - not the case for outland...
CIC also encourages applicants to use the outland route if they can - it's somewhere on the guideline...
Sweden
Thanks for your response.

If the CIC encourage it then I think they should give the London office a kick up the arse seeing as some people have taken a silly amount of time to process.

Maybe there is only one officer in the London CIC that's why it's seem like an ice age.

I just hope everyone that's waiting don't get put of until after Xmas as we all know what happens around the festive time? Yes that's right we all slow down at work and put some things off until the new year.

Last edited by treemanstu; Nov 7th 2012 at 7:42 pm. Reason: Wording
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Sweden
I'd love to see that link if you have it . My dealings with CIC is that they refuse to confirm which Visa office is quicker and point you to the website.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stuabroad
I'd love to see that link if you have it . My dealings with CIC is that they refuse to confirm which Visa office is quicker and point you to the website.
I'll try and find it for you... I remember stumbling upon it when I was reading about outland/inland process and the benefits of each. I'll come back with it once I have it!
Sweden
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

We can all but hope for a happy Xmas present from the London CIC with all of our PR in the post.

And only then I may start to believe Santa exists..
Old Nov 7th 2012, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

toniwharton is an unknown quantity at this point

It's sooo frustrating that there seems to be no pattern to what gets processed and when as well! There are some who applied after me and have their COPR! It's great for them, but frustrating when I am still stuck in house unable to work because I'm only a 'visitor'! I don't think there is a more straightfwd case than mine either. Spousal sponsor, together 9 years, married 6 years and 2 children, 1 aged 4 and 1 is 9 months! Aaarrrgghh!!! Here's hoping for a nice early Xmas present from London?!
Old Nov 8th 2012, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Kalman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by treemanstu

Be kind
Same here treemanstu. Applied from and living outside of Canada.

let's hope we all hear some good news soon!

Sweden
I thought a tourist visa comes under Temporary Resident Permit and hence you can't apply for it with a Permanent Resident Permit application in process....?
Old Nov 8th 2012, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kalman
Same here treemanstu. Applied from and living outside of Canada.

let's hope we all hear some good news soon!

I thought a tourist visa comes under Temporary Resident Permit and hence you can't apply for it with a Permanent Resident Permit application in process....?
If you are from a visa exempt country, you can go with a tourist visa - no need to apply for it in advance ( in fact if you are not from a visa exempt and apply for a visitor visa, probably it will be denied). You can show up at the border, explain that you are coming to visit your family, or in my case, be up-front and say that I have a PR application in process, and that I have come to wait it out in Canada to be with my partner... I was let in with a "normal tourist stamp" valid for 6 months, and now waiting for the PR to come through....it was quite easy at the border, hardly any question asked. It's called "dual intent" when you enter as a tourist but declare that you will "stay" as soon as your PR is approved - but you also have to show willingness/possibility to leave if your PR is not approved.

Usually you can get 6 months at the border, sometimes 12. If you only get 6 months, you can apply for an extension before the time is up (online or via post).

Good luck,
Sweden
Old Nov 8th 2012, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuabroad
To recap where i'm at. Got an email Monday to the wife telling her that they were waiting on a response to an email sent to me on October 5th. I never got that email, as CIC copied the wrong email address from the application pack.

In their email they state:
Medical examination: you submitted an incorrect copy of the Section A Medical report form as evidence that you completed a medical examination. Please provide a copy of the document listing your medical ID number, if available, to enable us to trace your examination results.

This is all incorrect as they had the correct Medical forms and receipts.

I called CIC helpline, finally got through this morning. Spoke to a lady who was able to tell me that my Medicals ended up in the wrong system. She told me this has happened before and that London had to 'request it from the correct system'. I'm hoping someone in London knows what the 'correct' system is.

Effectively it ended up in the "In Canada" system as opposed to the "via London" system.

What a crap show. Still no response to any email sent to them start of week marked triple urgent.
Stuabroad, In one of your earlier posts about 2 pages back, you said you filled in the the paperwork for the medical for 'inland canada' before you knew about the outland route. This would be why its ended up where it is surely, not a CIC mistake. Its probably taking so long because its not their usual process to bring a medical from inland to outland.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.