Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 18th 2012, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by sarah_m
I applied at the end of Feb and haven't heard anything. I can't log into ECAS either. As I'm in the UK now, does anyone know if it's ok if my sponsor calls on my behalf? Is he able to ask if I can be updated via email. This is SO frustrating and incredibly worrying...
Have you or your sponsor sent them an email? Your sponsor (if in canada can call the call centre)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact...asp#visaoffice

FAQ Application Status
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/red...en&app=ecas#Q3
Old Aug 19th 2012, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
The CIC website says it is dealing with applications received on May 14, Richtee says they received an email saying CIC received their application June 14.. I know the website is not accurate, but does this mean that we could assume that they are actually dealing with applications submitted in June instead of May...or am I interpreting this incorrectly?
The timeframes on the website are just a guide and represent timeframes for about 80% of applications. Our application is logged as 'received'. It should then change to 'in progress' and then 'decision made'. We may also get an email with the actual decision before this point as the way info is communicated is a little adhoc. I'll post any updates we get though. Best advice I can give is do nothing unless the date on the website is reached and you still haven't received any correspondance
Old Aug 19th 2012, 8:47 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

In a few random cases, CIC emails when they receive an application. This isn't the normal way, and it being received does not mean they've started processing it. The date on the website represents application receipt dates that should begin changing to "in process", or generally that they are working on the batch of applications received on May 14 and the few days after that. It's actually pretty accurate in that sense.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both for your replies. Both were very helpful. I am just curious as to how the timeframes really work instead of how the should work in theory I said in an earlier post that I wasn't going to get wrapped up in the whole timeline but over the last week, I can feel the impatient person in me starting to stir up the craziness I am so glad I am going back to work in a new job, that should keep me sain and a little occupied for a couple of months. Thanks again
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

For anyone doing spousal or common-law sponsorship, how much info do you have to get from people for the statutory declarations? How many did you get and how many notarized?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

And did you guys put the documents in any particular order? For example, IMM5490 requires you to give documentary evidence of your relationship, so did you put the photos/bills etc right after this?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

ANNND (sorry for the barrage of questions) but do the declarations that are notarised have to be filled out beforehand? And do the people declaring the relationship is genuine have to be at the notary public?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wesbray
And did you guys put the documents in any particular order? For example, IMM5490 requires you to give documentary evidence of your relationship, so did you put the photos/bills etc right after this?
I put the evidence at the back of my application with an appendix list referring to each section. However if I had to fill out a question where there wasn't enough space, I would put this page directly behind the form.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ANNND (sorry for the barrage of questions) but do the declarations that are notarised have to be filled out beforehand? And do the people declaring the relationship is genuine have to be at the notary public?
Its my understanding, although I would wait for a second opinion. That, a person does have to be present when having a notary public stamp/sign a document because I think they have to sign the form in front of the notary so that he/she can declare that it is genuine.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone doing spousal or common-law sponsorship, how much info do you have to get from people for the statutory declarations? How many did you get and how many notarized?
All three questions are answered lots of times in this thread. The search button is your friend.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:41 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
All three questions are answered lots of times in this thread. The search button is your friend.
I responded with a bit of detail in the separate thread he created.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

O.K, I know this is a test of patience but realistically when can I start to panic/call CIC? App sent May 3rd and still no sponsor approval.....why is it taking so long!!?? According to Pink Lady's spreadsheet the average is 87 days and yet here I am day day 111.....
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
O.K, I know this is a test of patience but realistically when can I start to panic/call CIC? App sent May 3rd and still no sponsor approval.....why is it taking so long!!?? According to Pink Lady's spreadsheet the average is 87 days and yet here I am day day 111.....
why not call them now? my bet is its already been approved and they are sending the letter out soon. Just give them a call.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 5:42 am
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Go ahead and call them now, anything over 100 days is worth a explanation!
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:56 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody have any ideas how to find the Spreadsheet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.